Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

I received a response to my Topix post. The poster said that she was struck by a truck with some guys coming home from a bar. It happened in the early hours of the day. She had last been seen leaving a bar called the Nic Nac on Broadway. The poster said that her head was run over by the truck and that she wore dentures because they were found at the scene. The poster also said that the guy was caught and did go to jail but couldn't remember his name and also said the guy has a brother who lived in lakeshore.

Ugh, brutal. Glad I haven't clicked on those pictures.

Ugh, brutal. Glad I haven't clicked on those pictures.

They are not that bad considering what happened.

So, LL left a bar in the early hours of the morning and was struck by a truck? She had a bag with various supplies that she was carrying.

Could she have been released from a rehab??

Why do I think that she has prints somewhere that are on cards and not in IAFIS....I mean, as her real ID.

It is stunning that this poor woman has not been id'd...

I received a response to my Topix post. The poster said that she was struck by a truck with some guys coming home from a bar. It happened in the early hours of the day. She had last been seen leaving a bar called the Nic Nac on Broadway. The poster said that her head was run over by the truck and that she wore dentures because they were found at the scene. The poster also said that the guy was caught and did go to jail but couldn't remember his name and also said the guy has a brother who lived in lakeshore.

Thats not what is written on Namus.
It states that she was thrown 150 meters

You cant run over a head and have the person thrown 150mts

And looking at her head there is no way she had her head run over by a TRUCK

https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2882&=5&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

This victim was walking along the north service road of Highway 61 when this victim was struck by a vehicle. The occupants of the vehicle that they thought they hit a barrell in the road. The victim was thrown approximately 150 feet from point of impact. A card was found on victims body that had a name and number of a subject. The subject was called and subject reportedly stated that 1 week before victim's death subject had given a ride to a person fitting description of deceased from Nashville, Tennessee. Subject stated this victim was from Phoenix, Arizona and her name was Mary

Wow, what a fast response.

I did find this:
NIC-NAC LAUNDRY 2222 E BROADWAY

Also found a nic-nac grocery comment

I have to go pick up my son, but I will see what I can find later

Okay check this out!!!!!!!!

Go to google maps and search 2298 Broadway E West Memphis, AR

You'll find a street view of a Nic Nac Coin laundry attached to a Nic Nac Bar!

Finally!! Great job tracking this down, amethyst. :blowkiss: Going to go google the address pinkhistorybuff gave.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...m_source=en-ha-na-us-google-svn&utm_medium=ha

WOW

Is that still operational now ? And geeze those roads are huge

To me it looks like what we have here on the long highways up north or down south counry and we have roadhouses.

But those two buildings the laundry and bar and grill look like they are going to fall over
Of course when LL was hit they would have been in better condition

But I can see that if she had been drinking and they had been drinking and she was walking and it was dark on the street...that they may have accidently knocked her down

But what if it was more than that ???

It also doesnt explain No purse ? no handbag ? if she was in the bar how did she pay for things ?

Did they steal her things ?

I believe that her head was run over by the truck because her dentures are in such bad shape. When I was a teenager I was out on a road that was used for illegal drag racing (yep, call me greased lightning) lol! One night a friend decided to run across to the other side just when someone in a car decided to peel out. He was struck by the car, went flying in the air, fell back down on the asphalt and was then run over by the car that hit him. Thankfully. he survived just fine. But it can happen.

And where was she going? I wonder if there are any motel/hotels on that route that had abandoned luggage? Is the truckstop away from the Nic Nac? Was she heading there? Maybe she was with a truck driver, but he thought she took off with someone else?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...m_source=en-ha-na-us-google-svn&utm_medium=ha

WOW

Is that still operational now ? And geeze those roads are huge

To me it looks like what we have here on the long highways up north or down south counry and we have roadhouses.

But those two buildings the laundry and bar and grill look like they are going to fall over
Of course when LL was hit they would have been in better condition

But I can see that if she had been drinking and they had been drinking and she was walking and it was dark on the street...that they may have accidently knocked her down

But what if it was more than that ???

It also doesnt explain No purse ? no handbag ? if she was in the bar how did she pay for things ?

Did they steal her things ?

Ok, there is a trailer park down the street from the Nic Nac. The speed limit on the street is now 35 mph, I don't know what it was back then. Which way was she heading down the road? There is a Twentieth Century Motel down the road from the Nic Nac too.

I don't know what happened. Was ETA below to other post and it kept denying the edit. So this is continuation of above.

Have checked about a dozen other UIDs fingerprint records. The fingerprints on all were obtained at least a week later than date of death/found. So perhaps a possibility the accident occurred a week earlier??

Also according to AR law, LE or Coroner only have to look for next of kin for 48 hours.
20-17-702. Search for next of kin. - (a) The person who
assumes original and lawful possession, charge, or control of
any body as described in this subchapter shall conduct
diligent search for relatives or next of kin of the deceased, or
that person shall request the county sheriff or such other
person as may be required by law to conduct the search.
(b) For the purpose of notifying the University of Arkansas
College of Medicine of its availability, an "unclaimed body" is
defined as a human body in the possession, charge, or
control of the persons named in subsection (a) of this section
for a period not to exceed forty-eight (48) hours, during which
time the right of any relative, next of kin, friend, any
representative of a fraternal society of which the deceased
was a member, or a representative of any charitable or
religious group to claim the body for burial purposes is
recognized.
20-17-704. Delivery to University of Arkansas College of
Medicine. - Upon expiration of the forty-eight (48) hours, as
provided in 20-17-703, if the dead human body has not been
claimed for burial, the person then having possession,
charge, or control shall surrender or deliver the body to the
University of Arkansas College of Medicine if so requested by
it.

The University has to hold the body but the law does not place any responsibility on them to find next of kin,

(d) If the body is not claimed by any person or organization
within ninety (90) days from date of arrival at the University
of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, then all right, title, and
interest in the body shall be deemed to vest in the state for
the benefit of the University of Arkansas College of Medicine,
and any living relative, next of kin, friend, or organization
shall be deemed to have consented irrevocably to use of the
body for the advancement or study of medical science

I loathe this law. 48 hours, what a joke.

Reason #798765 for me to get the heck outta Dodge once I'm finished with school.

Well, I guess no one took any interest at the time to find her relatives. Apparently, there was no media involvement. I'm going to start a thread on Topix in West Memphis and see if anybody responds.

Good idea. And as soon as mid-terms are over, I'll contact my friends over that way who might be willing to help.

"Wonder if my_tee_mouse has x-ray vision lol"

Sorry, capoly...these days my_tee_mouse wears bifocals!!!

I believe that her head was run over by the truck because her dentures are in such bad shape. When I was a teenager I was out on a road that was used for illegal drag racing (yep, call me greased lightning) lol! One night a friend decided to run across to the other side just when someone in a car decided to peel out. He was struck by the car, went flying in the air, fell back down on the asphalt and was then run over by the car that hit him. Thankfully. he survived just fine. But it can happen.

Wow to your friend at the drag racing

But with LL And a Truck running over her head I cant imagine there would be a lot left of it ?

Although.... this does bring me back to my point earlier in the piece about her being struck from behind...

So maybe she was thrown 150mts and then the truck ran over the back of her head hence why her face is still ok

Although I just cant see how a truck wouldnt disintergrate someones head?

But then what are you referring to as a truck over there ? Im imagining a Lorry

And where was she going? I wonder if there are any motel/hotels on that route that had abandoned luggage? Is the truckstop away from the Nic Nac? Was she heading there? Maybe she was with a truck driver, but he thought she took off with someone else?

That's what I had thought, rode in with a trucker and he either dropped her off at some motel or went on his way when she didn't return. The lady's clothing had to be left somewhere unless some motel or laundromat just tossed them aside and didn't even bother to check the news for accidents. She must have had some clothing in order to be carrying around detergent and downy, but that doesn't explain why she was carrying around toiletries while going to a bar.

Sorry for so many posts in a row. Trying to catch up.

First: All right! Progress!

Second: There's a laundry mat and a bar together? I'm betting if she was in the bar someone had offered to buy her a drink...but I'm wondering if she was actually leaving the laundry mat and they just thought she was leaving the bar. The 20th Century Hotel is the one I zoomed in on the other day when I was trying to get a "fix" on where she could have been hit, etc. I'll get the addys of the truck stops again and see what we've got.

Okay...if this guy did time for hitting this woman, would there not be a police report?

One of my friends I mentioned earlier lived over there at that time. I'm hoping she remembers the incident and can pinpoint the point of the accident.

This is what I believe happened, Jules. She was with someone and when she didn't return he/she just figured she hopped another rig.

Second: There's a laundry mat and a bar together? I'm betting if she was in the bar someone had offered to buy her a drink...but I'm wondering if she was actually leaving the laundry mat and they just thought she was leaving the bar. The 20th Century Hotel is the one I zoomed in on the other day when I was trying to get a "fix" on where she could have been hit, etc. I'll get the addys of the truck stops again and see what we've got.

Okay...if this guy did time for hitting this woman, would there not be a police report?

One of my friends I mentioned earlier lived over there at that time. I'm hoping she remembers the incident and can pinpoint the point of the accident.

What guy.....what hitting??? I missed this!

Myteemouse that was my exact question a while ago, that surely they would have been charged with something ? even manslaughter ? vehicular homicide ?

How can you just kill someone and not be charged ? for Something ? even have your license revoked or something ?

Or a charge and then dismissed

Fairy - myteemouse means hitting as in from the Truck not a fist

:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member