General Discussion #7

No convenient links of him at that time, I'm sure I have pictures of him at that time*, but WRAL and ABC have different pictures of him.

Rave changed his looks from scruffy, to blonde tipped and it was darker or lighter depending on whatever struck his fancy. He's very materialistic, and very high maintenance at times, imo. His hair is receding and thinning a bit now, but even his weight fluctuates and he goes from lean with a bit of a gut, to a bit on the pudgy side. Even his eyes change from dark and like coal, to bright and light. He's a chameleon, like his personality.

I noticed the change in looks of Jason Young before and after his arrest and it makes me even more interested and impatient to see what Raven is going to look like in an orange jumpsuit someday!

Is there any possible way he could have been in the Seaside, Florida area for several weeks during the summer 03 with a slightly hippy'ish looking young lady?

And could you tell me if his father is still living, and where, and what he does?

Thanks again.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/popup?id=8400202

That's what he looked like at Janet's Graduation, spring 2003. (Picture #3)

I do know that Raven has been to Florida, and I know that Raven did travel with and without Janet a lot in their marriage. Janet never looked hippy'ish, so that would exclude her, but there would be no surprise to find that Raven was with some hippy'ish looking young lady in Florida sometime in 2003-2004.

Raven makes choices on who he hangs out with based on what he gets out of the relationship.

He likes his eye/arm candy, he likes his sugar momma's, he likes women just for the nooky, he a taker, always has been and always will be, so older, younger, thin or heavy, hippy or stylish, trashy, brainless or a sweet naive person makes no difference to Raven as long as he's getting what he wants out of them or their situation.

Raven's father is still alive, his name is Sherman Peters and is remarried to Diane (?) and they reside in California. Raven changed his name to Abaroa, but was born Samuel Peters.

Raven's mother was born Karen Sue Abaroa born in 1958 in CA. Sherman and Karen got divorced on June 10, 1986.

Karen was married a short-time to a guy named Whistler and then she met and married James F. (Jim) Bolton in 1993. I'm not sure when she ended up changing her name to Karyn, before or after a legal issue or before or after one of her marriages.

Thanks Terminatrixator, you've been so helpful. The reason I ask is that during the time in question a fella looking very much like these pics and with the same name was hanging out near a business we had there. He was sooooo gregarious, he had an answer to everything and a suggestion on how to DO everything better, hahaha. He chatted up my husband quite a bit, both talkers. I remember him saying his 'home' was in North Carolina somewhere, he was checking out the area to see if he wanted to move there. The young woman always with him (this was only 2 days as I recall) didn't say much, just hung on his every word and they told us the relationship was very new. We hired him, since he had 100 ways he could make our business better. HAHAHA Human resource law prohibits me from saying more except that it was EXTREMELY brief. The odd thing that sticks in my mind is that after he was gone, an older fella showed up asking questions about him and claiming to be an attorney who was "checking up on him". When we asked for what purpose, he said it was at his fathers request. We never knew what to make of the whole thing except it was bizarre and our hinky meters were through the roof. He left the area immediately and was only there probably a week or less.

Thanks Terminatrixator, you've been so helpful. The reason I ask is that during the time in question a fella looking very much like these pics and with the same name was hanging out near a business we had there. He was sooooo gregarious, he had an answer to everything and a suggestion on how to DO everything better, hahaha. He chatted up my husband quite a bit, both talkers. I remember him saying his 'home' was in North Carolina somewhere, he was checking out the area to see if he wanted to move there. The young woman always with him (this was only 2 days as I recall) didn't say much, just hung on his every word and they told us the relationship was very new. We hired him, since he had 100 ways he could make our business better. HAHAHA Human resource law prohibits me from saying more except that it was EXTREMELY brief. The odd thing that sticks in my mind is that after he was gone, an older fella showed up asking questions about him and claiming to be an attorney who was "checking up on him". When we asked for what purpose, he said it was at his fathers request. We never knew what to make of the whole thing except it was bizarre and our hinky meters were through the roof. He left the area immediately and was only there probably a week or less.

Well there are no other "Raven Abaroa's" that I know of. Raven is a conman and the talking and gregarious actions and boasting, sound like Raven completely!

How interesting this all is and thanks for contributing to the discussion. It sure as heck does sound like him. I wonder if he had to travel to Florida for Eurosports?

Very interesting account. Thanks for sharing this. It certainly sounds like the person you describe is indeed Raven. Didn't his sister sport a hippie look for a while? Could the young girl have been his sister?

How odd (if this truly was Raven) that his father would have been checking up on him. That part is weird because we've never really heard much about Raven's dad or an ongoing relationship. Being that Raven changed his name from the paternal "Peters" to the maternal "Abaroa" would lead me to believe that there was no relationship between Raven and his dad. For what purpose would Raven's dad want to check up on him? This adds a whole new chapter to the background.

Very interesting...

And could you tell me if his father is still living, and where, and what he does?

So the individual that briefly worked for you obviously told you things about his dad, profession, etc. What specifically did he say?

Wow, I logged on to check "things" out and there are actual new posts in Janet's forum! I am so thrilled!

Sending love to the Christainsen family and my best wishes for Kaiden.

No convenient links of him at that time, I'm sure I have pictures of him at that time*, but WRAL and ABC have different pictures of him.

Rave changed his looks from scruffy, to blonde tipped and it was darker or lighter depending on whatever struck his fancy. He's very materialistic, and very high maintenance at times, imo. His hair is receding and thinning a bit now, but even his weight fluctuates and he goes from lean with a bit of a gut, to a bit on the pudgy side. Even his eyes change from dark and like coal, to bright and light. He's a chameleon, like his personality.

I noticed the change in looks of Jason Young before and after his arrest and it makes me even more interested and impatient to see what Raven is going to look like in an orange jumpsuit someday!

A term I would like to add to the list for both of the socio-narcissistic creeps above is METROSEXUAL...IMO they are both very much the definition of the recently coined term.

Very interesting account. Thanks for sharing this. It certainly sounds like the person you describe is indeed Raven. Didn't his sister sport a hippie look for a while? Could the young girl have been his sister?

How odd (if this truly was Raven) that his father would have been checking up on him. That part is weird because we've never really heard much about Raven's dad or an ongoing relationship. Being that Raven changed his name from the paternal "Peters" to the maternal "Abaroa" would lead me to believe that there was no relationship between Raven and his dad. For what purpose would Raven's dad want to check up on him? This adds a whole new chapter to the background.

Very interesting...
I remember Raven's sister looking Goth or Vamp, not Hippie.

I also can't see it being Shiloh, especially stating they are a "new couple."

If it's Raven and no telling if it was, that would have been the time period he was traveling with HP or he lost his job there before the move to Cary.

He easily could have gotten away with travel without Janet to look for a job. He could have also used the a the same story on the girl, I'm looking to move to Florida, had a brief stint with her & failed to deliver on this job and maybe it was her father looking for Raven, because Raven does like to hit up girls that are under age.

I'm opting, if it was Raven that the guy that came around snooping on Raven did it for the girl.

OneLove did that picture look like Raven? (I also find it amusing that in Janet's Grad pictures Raven is wearing what looks like a shell necklace type thing that you see sold all over Florida)

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Primetime/ht_Graduationagain_090824_ssh.jpg

I have responded to private messages several times but they do not show in 'sent messages' and some disappear and I have to log in again, arrgghh. Is it possible to go to a private chat instead?

So very sorry, and please be patient with me, I am just learning.

I wanted to wish all the sleuthers on Janet Christiansen's forum a Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas and if you can perhaps a say a prayer for Kaiden who is surely missing his Mommy, Janet's relatives & friends and even a prayer for those in Raven's family that this will be the last Christmas without a resolution on this case and that there WILL be Justice for Janet and her unborn child.

Janet, please watch over Kaiden and your family & friends and maybe a quick whisper to those in the know to do what's right.

There are people with information that could help and I am sure people are afraid, but what if it was your child or mother?

So many of you that read here have knowledge of one thing or another that could help connect the dots and everyone close to this young couple should look inside their hearts and do the right thing.

Raven, every year I pray for you that you will get a conscience and do what is right, and I know it's in vain but I will say a prayer again for you this year.

Thank you so much for moving this from COLD case to Currently awaiting Trial!

Thank you Websleuths and Websleuthers!!!!!!!!!

General #1: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22968"]The Murder of Janet Abaroa - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

General #2: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23661"]The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

General #3: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23944"]Genreral discussion #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

General #4: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24268"]General Discussions #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

General #5: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24427"]General Discussions #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

General #6: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25008"]General Discussions #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Not sure if we would want to start a new General or not as this is getting long, but if so I thought I'd gather the last 6 to take with us.

It's been almost a year since Raven's arrest and I'm grateful that Raven will be spending his first Christmas in jail. This Thanksgiving was special because I knew that Raven was behind bars and could not hurt anyone else.

I really am sad for Kaiden that he is without his Mommy and his Dad this year though. I really hope that there will be Justice for Janet and that Kaiden will eventually be raised by a family that will give him a chance for a secure, healthy and happy future and that he doesn't have to go down the same path his father went down. I hope that those that spend time with Kaiden teach him goodness, responsibility and love.

My thoughts and prayers are with Janet's family, friends, Kaiden today and always.

It's been 11 months since the arrest, so it's about time Durham County sets a trial date.
Anyone have reports from the pre-trial status reports?

Jason Young was arrested a month earlier and his May 2011 trial date was set back in August 2010.

I believe there is a status hearings this Friday and we'll see if anything happens then.

I believe Durham DA's office is really having some issues right now, within the office and because of the ongoing State Crime Lab investigation.

ADAs Stormy Ellis, Jan Paul, David Saacks and Phyllis Turner all left Cline's office last year. Angela Garcia-Lamarca is on maternity leave.

They have hired a few people, not sure what is happening with Jim Dornfried, he seems to be the only senior ADA left there at the moment.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/09/15/681823/durham-das-plight-prompts-rapid.html#ixzz1ABkadnJm

I found an article where Tracey Cline states "Caseload figures suggest Durham prosecutors are coping, but Cline said she's held off on assigning assistants to five pending murder cases.

She indicated that that's a sensitive matter. "I don't want victims' families worrying about whether or not the prosecutors' office will prosecute the cases," Cline said, adding that it will.

Read more: The Herald-Sun - DA s office gets OK to fill two vacancies"'

I have heard that Tracey Cline, Freda Black and several others including Jim Hardin has had to take the stand on old cases.

Most importantly was the Allen case in which Derrick Allen, a Durham man accused in 1998 of murder, sexual assault and child abuse in connection with the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter came to play. Mitch Garrell was assigned to re-prosecute the case. I guess an issue came to play where Garrell handed over the discovery to Allen's attorney and when Tracey Cline took the stand she contradicted herself and sometime after that Mitch Garrell was out of the DA's office, which was a huge surprise to me.

http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_...rrell-has-left-office?instance=homefourthleft

Mitch Garrell seemed to be an upstanding prosecutor and I remember hoping he would be given Janet's case to handle.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/12/20/872196/allen-cases-prosecutor-told-he.html

I truly pray that Durham gets their act together and my hopes are some of the new hires have integrity and can handle Janet's case properly and give it the time and attention it deserves!

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/09/15/681823/durham-das-plight-prompts-rapid.html#ixzz1ABkadnJm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back