2010.04.21 - Art Harris Reports,Misty saw animal bones @ the dock

Soooo -
Have they made a statement about what they found?
They said once they hadn't found human remains, but that was before they ended the search. I think some outlets are still quoting that statement, but I'm confused.
Would they send animal bones to FDLE and possibly other labs? Wouldn't those anthropolgists be able to tell if the bones were animal or human?

It seems there is a lot they aren't saying..:waitasec:

Okay - I'm getting sick now . .

I suspect if bones are whole, intact, that an anthropologist would have no problem identifying a human bone versus an animal bone. However, I believe fragments and partials found in the bottom of a river with no distinguishing feartures for identity may well have to go to a laboratory for testing to make the determination if human or not.

One interesting facet of AH's reporting (IF AH source is family members) is that AH's versions come from those have information, interpretations & reactions as to recent events from the players who are incarcerated. Same for Gma Hollar's TV chit chat. It's like we have this little foggy window from which to view a game of cat & mouse.

I could start a discussion of LE leaks vs. official statements. But, that's another thread. Suffice it to say, LE is controlling information.

I'm somewhat content knowing that some sort of confessions are happening to the point where the local press is being fed further details daily.

I hear there's a sale on Patience at the Kangaroo. Just in time. I don't know about you guys, but I'm running low.

I would prefer to run out of patience than to have no resolution or justice for Haleigh. With that thought, I think my supply of patience is intact. No Roo for me. :D

One interesting facet of AH's reporting (IF AH source is family members) is that AH's versions come from those have information, interpretations & reactions as to recent events from the players who are incarcerated. Same for Gma Hollar's TV chit chat. It's like we have this little foggy window from which to view a game of cat & mouse.

I could start a discussion of LE leaks vs. official statements. But, that's another thread. Suffice it to say, LE is controlling information.

I'm somewhat content knowing that some sort of confessions are happening to the point where the local press is being fed further details daily.

I hear there's a sale on Patience at the Kangaroo. Just in time. I don't know about you guys, but I'm running low.

I need a twelve pack of 16 ouncers.

Another possibility is that Misty said these things to Tommy due to her desire to create drama. This is not uncommon for those with a dysfunction background.

Another possibility is that Misty said these things to Tommy due to her desire to create drama. This is not uncommon for those with a dysfunction background.

ITA! My confusion lies with the idea of which came first : AH's version or PCSO's version?
To me it appears that PCSO is "responding" to the AH story - so why do they always have to "respond"? Why can't they take the lead and give us some info BEFORE other news outlets/bloggers etc give out their stories? KWIM??

If this story was not given out by AH:
http://www.artharris.com/
would there have been this story:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=155059&catid=3

So while AH may sensationalize (sp?) it does appear that he can and does get PCSO to "somewhat" either deny or confirm some of his articles.
JMOO

ITA! My confusion lies with the idea of which came first : AH's version or PCSO's version?
To me it appears that PCSO is "responding" to the AH story - so why do they always have to "respond"? Why can't they take the lead and give us some info BEFORE other news outlets/bloggers etc give out their stories? KWIM??

If this story was not given out by AH:
http://www.artharris.com/
would there have been this story:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=155059&catid=3

So while AH may sensationalize (sp?) it does appear that he can and does get PCSO to "somewhat" either deny or confirm some of his articles.
JMOO

I think AH has sources from both families. I do not believe he has any in LE.

I think LE is constantly doing damage control to their investigation because of him. The leaks AH gets are information the players want out there and LE does not.

Just saw JVM on HLN saying LE released a statement that the bones were NOT human. Looking for link now.

Putnam Cops Playing Damage Control With Haleigh Rumors

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has issued the following statement to provide clarity to some media reports of a discovery of bones: The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has received numerous inquiries regarding the recovery of the skeletal remains of missing 5 year-old Haleigh Cummings. A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all "biological" items that were recovered as being non-human. Additionally, Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/04/putnam-cops-playing-damage-con.html

I think AH has sources from both families. I do not believe he has any in LE.

I think LE is constantly doing damage control to their investigation because of him. The leaks AH gets are information the players want out there and LE does not.

You would start to think that people would for the sake of this child and her family just keep their mouths shut and quit putting out things that "sources" are giving them just for ratings sakes.
Right now, each and every person out there doing this is showing nothing but a complete disrespect to this poor child who was taken from this world way too soon. :furious:

This case just keeps getting more and more bizaare! We have jail house confessions, a potential crime scene, "suspects" being led to the "crime scene", family members with tell all intereviews, funeral arrangements, the parents being asked if they want to declare Haleigh deceased and now bones that were shown to MC that may or may not be Haleighs.
I've never been so baffled as to what the heck is going on and saddened at the possiblity of never knowing what really happened to this little girl and giving her proper peace and justice.

Posted: Wednesday, 21 April 2010
PCSO MEDIA RELEASE: Bones Seen By Misty Croslin at Satsuma Dock Were Animal Bones

"Snip" TJ Hart
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/68593...tentId=5964934

MEDIA RELEASE

Date: April 21, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous inquiries regarding the recovery of the skeletal remains of missing 5 year-old Haleigh Cummings. A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all "biological" items that were recovered as being non-human. Additionally, Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.

In an effort to prevent this false information from impeding our investigation, Sheriff Hardy wants to quell these rumors so we can maintain our focus on the criminal investigation.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
jgreenwood@putnamsheriff.org

Putnam Cops Playing Damage Control With Haleigh Rumors

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has issued the following statement to provide clarity to some media reports of a discovery of bones: The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has received numerous inquiries regarding the recovery of the skeletal remains of missing 5 year-old Haleigh Cummings. A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all "biological" items that were recovered as being non-human. Additionally, Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/04/putnam-cops-playing-damage-con.html

Well then why did they send all them thar other bones to the labs? For fun, to spend money they don't have or just to teach other people what animal bones are?:waitasec: Right.

If LE had a strategy by taking her there and showing bones and allowing Misty to just get a visual of bones and maybe shock some sense into her...it is now blown, ain't it?

:banghead:

Posted: Wednesday, 21 April 2010
PCSO MEDIA RELEASE: Bones Seen By Misty Croslin at Satsuma Dock Were Animal Bones

"Snip" TJ Hart
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/68593...tentId=5964934

MEDIA RELEASE

Date: April 21, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous inquiries regarding the recovery of the skeletal remains of missing 5 year-old Haleigh Cummings. A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all "biological" items that were recovered as being non-human. Additionally, Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.

In an effort to prevent this false information from impeding our investigation, Sheriff Hardy wants to quell these rumors so we can maintain our focus on the criminal investigation.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
jgreenwood@putnamsheriff.org

Well this is one less "BOMBSHELL" we'll have to hear from NG tonight. :woohoo:
I honestly didn't think I could stomach another evening of continuous references to "H's bones".
Back to Grandma Hollars we go!

Police Reports are comming out that the bones that were recovered from the river were bones from animals and not human. HNN just had a report on it along with JVM who said Mistys granny will be back on tonights show.

Let the circus go on!

The people who do SOME of the reporting on this case need an ethics check. Throwing stuff out for shock value is shameful and I lose respect for the reporters who do this type of reporting

Oooooo! I just HAVE TO watch JVM tonight!! (Hope my boss isn't reading this... lol) :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back