OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had earlier dismissed him having a cell phone, but really the theory does make sense, with the search radius they are going with.

And for the email from his father, it read to me like he was using the collective we regarding picking him up at the bus stop, IMO.

I wonder if they initially questioned everyone regarding lost/reportedly stolen cell phones (their own or if they knew anyone that "lost" a cell phone around the time Kyron went missing.) If they found anyone was missing a cell phone and found it was pinging, maybe they are searching for it (as well as anything else.) Maybe?

Beane, or any other mod?

I have something that I'm not sure I should post on here but I think it needs attention. Is it possible for me to pm you a link? I am not sure how to go about this. TIA

Bust it out! We need some hope!

I don't know where that is. :blushing:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106375"]OR Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

They look like they were taken over a period of time; possibly from between age 6 and 7, or even just since September when the school year started to the time he went missing.. Kids change so fast, even if just slightly. As parents seeing them everyday, we don't notice it. But then when you go back and look at the pictures, you can really see the difference.

One of the most important things I get from these pictures is that he can look older than his science-project picture, even though that was the latest picture taken. The picture of him in the top/middle looks at least a year older to me.

well heck, my speakers aren't working.

In that pix taken at the science fair, he doesn't have a backpack on. I find that strange.

He probably put his coat and backpack in his cubby when they got there. That is what my kids always do, right off the bat. It becomes habit, I think.

CCup can you reduce the picture you posted a couple posts ago? is too big and was blowing the margins

thanks and sorry

Pics of Kyron

Nevermind..figured it out

I don't know why, but this group of pics brought tears to my eyes.
I hope we get good news soon. I can not imagine how his family feels.

Anyone know if the step mom was asked why she didn't attend the Talent Show to see Kyron?

I'm not sure they were sunglasses, I think he may have transition lenses. That would be a great point to find out for ID...if he does indeed have transition lenses and had them on at school that day. It would be a huge step in determining if the child in the white car could be him. It looked to me that shot was taken in the daytime, and if so I'd think the lenses would be darkened at least somewhat if that was indeed Kyron.

I'm mostly trying to lurk on this case... mainly because I can't come close to keeping up, and also because there's so little hard information to go on that I'm uncomfortable commenting... but wanted to offer a tiny point of info on this bit. :)

Sun-sensitive eyeglasses won't get darker in the car, much to my chagrin. They're activated by a type of light that is filtered out by the car windows -- the same reason a person won't generally won't get a sunburn in the car, no matter how long they're sitting in it with the sun on them. It's a bummer for those of us who have to wear glasses and operate motor vehicles during the day. So: the kid in the white car doesn't have darkened glasses on, but it doesn't mean they aren't the transition-type lenses, and that alone isn't a reason to eliminate Kyron as the kid in the white car, though there may be other good reasons. :twocents:

Back to lurking for me. As with everyone else, I'm hoping for Kyron's speedy and safe return to his family.

CCup can you reduce the picture you posted a couple posts ago? is too big and was blowing the margins

thanks and sorry

I dont know how ???? Any suggestions?

Using a little-known GPS chip inside a cell phone, federal prosecutors can locate a person to within about 30 feet. They're also able to gather less exact location data by tracing mobile phone signals as they ping off cell towers.

Not wanting to be a negative nellie here, but, if he did have a cell phone, I can see where the phone may possibly have been discarded at some point. If someone took him and discovered the phone, they could have ditched it somewhere and kept on going. If Kyron was alone and wandered off and had a phone, would he not have used it to call for help? If not, he may have unknowingly lost it at some point?

Another possibility is that if there was a person involved and Kyron did not wander off, the pinging could be from the abductor, but it seems unwise to me if your going to snatch a child to have a cell phone on you in person? To begin with you risk identification of someone having seen you taking the child. If you get identified (unbeknownst to you) there is further identification and location via your cell phone.

Just some things going through my mind, is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member