2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what the family secret is...A psychopath was the mother of their only grandchild. Casey ran that household, especially after Caylee was born. She used that child to hold over their heads. They walked on eggshells. They were afraid to say anything much or Casey may leave and take Caylee with her.
You are right. And when it was not working anymore, when CA threatened to take custody and kick Casey out, she swept to her revenge.

Do you think, perhaps, us newbies could provide a perspective from our "ignorance" that could mirror what the jurors might be thinking? :)

Absolutely,but I wouldn't call it ignorance :seeya:

I think we have seen so much &$ from JB and the Anthony's over the last 3 years that it may appear we are hate mongers or have tunnel vision,to those who are only just learning about them.
I hope that makes sense.

I wasn't really referring to the jurors perspective.

ETA: What you quoted was actually just a portion of my original post,although there was no reference to it being "snipped"
I hope everyone has read the original post and doesn't get the wrong idea about what I meant .

I haven't read all 129 pages in this sidebar thread but this was posted in the lawyers thread and thought it also belongs here since it is a media perspective to what happened in court on Sat.

http://211.43.148.144/10001/88D02/UNKNOWNLSN_00000051.3gp

Think CM discussed with ICA the fact the he wanted off the case and only she could make that happen. Perhaps the judge is aware of a health concern, fatigue of CM and didn't object but gave ICA opportunity to consider Masons request. Although I don't know why CM couldn't sit through Saturday court if this was the issue.

:waitasec:

I know an attorney can't just leave. ICA would have to let him go and CM is who called this meeting. I believe it is either that or witness tampering.
???

I'll tell you what the family secret is...A psychopath was the mother of their only grandchild. Casey ran that household, especially after Caylee was born. She used that child to hold over their heads. They walked on eggshells. They were afraid to say anything much or Casey may leave and take Caylee with her.

Casey appears to still be running things at the A's home. Because of the unwillingness to hold Casey accountable then and now the A's have had Caylee being taken from them in a manner not even the A's could have imagined.

After watching CA's testimony nothing has changed but Caylee won't be coming back.

The way I see it is CA and Caylee come home from Mt. Dora on the 15th. CA takes Caylee for a swim. At some point ICA enters the picture, they are all three there. They take Caylee out of the pool and they all go inside. This is where the fight begins. I think CA brought up this and that and it lead to the big show down. Contrary of what CA testified as the tender moment they all shared. According to what CA told MF no one swam in the pool on Monday, and she noticed the ladder up on Tuesday. CA told her brother Rick that she also reported this to the LE around the 16th of July. I do not know what date she told LE. Does anyone?

Could be that Cindy didn't take the ladder down because of the big fight, but what about the open gate?

I think ICA killed Caylee and was going to go with a drowning story....came back to the house, put the ladder up and left the gate open...then changed her mind and went with the nanny story...now we're back to the drowning story.

I just found something totally bizarre - In one of Cindy's letters (7 June 2010) to ICA she says...

"Thank you for trying to call me on Mother’s Day. We gave up the house phone right after you left home in 2008.
Dad, Lee and I kept our same cell phone #’s. Maybe sometime you can call me. It’s
***-4731."

Didn't Cindy on the stand say that she hadn't changed the home phone number and it was still the same?

Hey everyone..I have a question for all the mothers out there with 2 yr olds and I know people are going to think it strange-LOL but its a serious one.I have a daughter that is 23,so its been along time since she was a toddler and its hard to remember that far back and I am not around little children a lot anymore, but my question is this.. do 2 yr olds talk in paragraphs?
I am asking because I am reading CA depo and she said Caylee talked in paragraphs and I was just wondering if that can be true or not-
TIA

Caylee was really close to being 3 years old and yes many do talk in complete paragraphs. My own started talking at 7 months and hasn't SHUT UP since.

How does CA think she can get away with her convoluted lies involving her work hours? I understand the nature of the excuses she was trying to lay out there, essentially saying Company policy was to adjust daily work times reported to avoid Federally mandated overtime pay. Aside from that being against the law, I get it. It's not a terribly complicated scam to follow.

BUT (LOL, always one of those with this outfit, eh?)

According to company records in the possession of LE, EVERY week surrounding the time of the computer searches (3/17) had overtime! Not just once or twice, but E V E R Y week! AND, on the day in question she worked TEN hours from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm!

I don't think I've ever seen a more clear cut case of perjury so easy to prove that a first year law student could nail her on it.

The State's rebuttal is going to be interesting to watch.

Great post!.. The State's rebuttal, on this and other CA testimony, is going to be brutal {in a good way}! Thinking about the jury... with all of the "dry" forensics testimony... notice how very little "empathy enducing" testimony that they have witnessed during this trial so far.. CA's emotional testimony when called by the State is the "biggie" that might "sway" just one single jurist. After the State's rebuttal.. that factor will be flying right out the window for any "on the fence/possibly "buying it" members during jury deliberations.... JMHO

Cindy said they watched the video from the nursing home and all cried together...very bonding experience...all the while Cindy said this was going on ICA was texting Tony...like to know how that happened between tears. Of course I guess CA said nothing that night to ICA about stealing from her grandfathers nursing home account....oh brother!!!

Cindy was crying because she was touched and ICA was crying because she wanted Caylee gone.

Yeah, they made 13 cents that night.

oh, and :bdscroll: gngr~snap.

I honestly wish the SA could bring that up that supposedly ICA did not call 911 when her child drowned in the pool, but she called 911 when protesters were throwing pennies at their house....you can't make this stuff up!!!

Yes, I know this has been your belief - about CA and the car. But let's say she did recognize the smell of death? Who did she think was dead? There is no way she would have suspected it was Caylee with the web of lies ICA fed her.
I think she wanted to find ICA and Caylee and wanted to know what the heck kind of trouble had ICA gotten herself into now.
I do not believe another honest person on this earth given the facts that their child or grandchild had been missing for 31 days and after the vehicle the mother or another relative solely drove now reeks of death would wait 7-8 hours to call LE. When one also adds the fact one knows what past history the mother or relative had committed.

CA wasn't stupid. She was a wiling participant in allowing ICAs behavior to continue and to cover it.

Now, I don't put personal info on the internet, but this I will in general terms. I have called LE regarding child abuse inflicted by a close relative. I have testified in court against the relative. I didn't wait for further injuries to happen. I didn't wait to discuss it with them. And I sure as carp did not coverup or lie for them. Would I do it again, dang straight in a NYC heartbeat. I have lived with a CA twin for over 40 years so I do know intimately about their abilities.

Now to get back to the tread. Linda, Jeff and George have about 50+ years of experience between them in prosecuting ICA types. They know what they have and need. JB has what, three years and CM is going to retire. Dorothy doesn't deal with murder cases, she's medically trained. Anne is the only one left who has years of experience in defending the death penalty.

I am beginning to think the reason Anne ISN'T at the defense table currently, is she suspects or knows ICA will need her during the penalty phase. That is utmost on Anne's mind. Keeping ICA from the long hallway walk.

Hey everyone..I have a question for all the mothers out there with 2 yr olds and I know people are going to think it strange-LOL but its a serious one.I have a daughter that is 23,so its been along time since she was a toddler and its hard to remember that far back and I am not around little children a lot anymore, but my question is this.. do 2 yr olds talk in paragraphs?
I am asking because I am reading CA depo and she said Caylee talked in paragraphs and I was just wondering if that can be true or not-
TIA

Yes, it is possible. Children all develop speech and speech patterns at different rates. Some quicker than others.

TIA

I think it depends on the child. My granddaughter is 19 months old and is starting to use 2 or 3 word sentences. My daughter was a very advanced talker at 3 years old, I had friends who loved to listen to her talk because they got such a kick hearing the grown up talk coming from such a tiny person.

I am very familiar with cremation jewelry because I have lived exclusively within the military community for not only almost two decades but over 10 years of those were lived during the war(s).

To be honest I think nothing of it. I knew someone that had a small bit her Husband's ashes in an absolutely beautiful necklace and she said it was so that she could "always have him close to her heart".

But we each have our own opinions. That is what makes WS so interesting :)

All JMHO.

We lost my dad last year and planned on each wearing a vial of ashes (some of the jewellry is very tasteful).
However, now that I am 10 months down the grieving path, I am afraid that it would get lost or stolen, and further devastate me.

So, at this moment my siblings and I plan on waiting until my Mum passes too, and then combining their ashes into a diamond. The stone will be mounted in a frame with 2 gold plaques bearing their names, and the frame will hold their wedding picture.

The diamond making process can cost as much as 80 thousand $ or as little as $20K.
I'm not sure that the Anthony family were in a position to create 3 diamonds (IT takes a while too), their finances were stretched pretty thinly and photo sales appear to have funded more items person to them than to Caylee.

Oh - nearly forgot, my brother would like a tattoo to honor our dad, and has asked that some of the ashes be mixed with the ink. Mum is still considering it, but that one is a step too far even for me.

Casey appears to still be running things at the A's home. Because of the unwillingness to hold Casey accountable then and now the A's have had Caylee being taken from them in a manner not even the A's could have imagined.

After watching CA's testimony nothing has changed but Caylee won't be coming back.

Exactly, Tipstaff! And no matter what they do to try to save her, neither will Casey.

Some interesting aspects of The Fair Labor Standards Act which put overtime requirements into law:

-Time off in lieu; compensatory time; or comp time refers to a type of work schedule arrangement that allows (or requires) workers to take time off instead of, or in addition to, receiving overtime pay.

-In the United States, such arrangements are currently illegal for private sector workers under overtime laws.

-Employees cannot waive their FLSA protections and cannot abridge them by contract.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtime

The type of work schedule arrangement testified to by CA as Gentiva policy is clearly illegal.

What you want to bet that Gentiva executives are already crawling all over the SA's office begging to testify that Cindy Anthony is a liar?

ITA all of your description of the family dynamics once Caylee was born. When Cindy said to Casey she had already started looking into custody of Caylee, Casey kind of freaked b/c there was her meal-ticket...w/o custody of her child, she could be asked to leave her family home. Sure she tried to get AWAY from the house and Caylee, to sleep with *fill in the blank*, party at Fusian and any other place she could find. But to actually be kicked out, she couldn't deal with that. That would mean getting a REAL job and supporting herself. They could even take her car from her.

IMO Lee enjoyed a few short years of "only child" status. When Casey was born, she immed. became the apple of her father's eye and was someone for Cindy to dress up, show off, etc. Lee was kinda pushed to the back burner and Princess Casey enjoyed a life of no responsibilities, incessant doting, etc.
The flagellation was probably so harmful to Lee as a child he would have probably benefitted therapy. But, his feelings went unnoticed. Because CA and GA were not willing to admit there was any problem at all, and since Lee was on Back Burner status, they might not even have noticed.
Casey grows into a consummate liar, and that too is ignored by CA and GA.
Why I don't know, perhaps because they themselves were liars. So instead of addressing the problem, they covered for Casey's lies and weren't willing to accept SHE needed therapy- BIG TIME- too. Did Cindy squash this feeling b/c she was so into the "perfect family" on the outside that it just didn't fit into HER fantasy?

When I had some free time today, I went back and read the police/FBI interview of Dominic Casey.

With all we know of how the Anthony family predilection (and Baez!) for taking a small piece of truth, then creating a story with a slight change of characters to suit their needs, I can imagine Kronk being a "stand-in" for Dominic Casey.

Re-read that interview, check the time-line, and join me in being suspicious of the entire lot of them (Baez, Casey, Cindy, and D. Casey).

George is the only one I am willing to cut some slack!

Oh my dear Lord..get outta my head mouse!!!! I do not want to read one more convoluted lie from this bunch I am gonna lose all my hair....and I am a mite partial to my chestnut locks, you know? I have read it all...watched it all and after three plus years of this carp I still cannot for the life of me figure the truth from what these people say. Poor Caylee...I so would have loved her...she would not have had the perfect toys and room..we are not perfect here...but we would have played in the grass and slid down every slide and I would have wrapped her up in her covers at night like a little buritto...and I would have said her prayers at night with her and she would be safe and learn that she was well loved. I am sad and angry at this mess.

Some interesting aspects of The Fair Labor Standards Act which put overtime requirements into law:

The type of work schedule arrangement testified to by CA as Gentiva policy is clearly illegal.

What you want to bet that Gentiva executives are already crawling all over the SA's office begging to testify that Cindy Anthony is a liar?

Maybe they are illegal but lots of places do it...my last workplace did and my sister's does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa