2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB practices buffoonery, then law. That hallway ham was absurd. mo

My husband had just the tiniest bit of knowledge about this case - being more of a "world news" kind of guy rather than local - and is the type that analyzes everything. I guess that's why we're a good match. I'm an Engineer, and he's in the trades and can also fix just about anything. He started to follow the trial, since I've been intently doing so, and wanted to know NOTHING about all the detail I've seen/read over the past nearly 3 years. I was really proud of him, giving as much attention and weight to the DT's "case" as he did the SAO's. His opinion is that KC is guilty of murder in the first, considers it to be premeditated, and that she should receive the DP. I have to say, he is NOT an advocate of the DP, and believes - usually - that there have been too many errors in the past for it to be a just punishment for the most part. However, in this case, he firmly believes that KC is undeniably guilty and guilty of a particularly atrocious crime, and should be put to death. He thinks, though, that the Jury may recommend LWOP.

I think I'll keep him. ;)

Yes I agree JB does blab on and on and mutters at times. He needs to work on that, but other than that I think he did a good job. I'm sure Casey hasnt been the easiest person to work with either. Now I do believe that Casey could have gotten someone else, even Mark Geragos probably.

Someone said he lied, I dont think thats really how its put if you are a defense attorney. It is the truth according to your client and a strategy. Thats what Defense attorneys do.

True, you're right; it is a strategy. I think what I really meant to say is that I find it slimy when the DT involves innocent people in their strategies to divert blame from their client. But you're right...if the defendant insists on pleading NG, then you've got to come up with some kind of defense.

My mother too, age 89 says 'guilty', and hits poor jb with the fly swatter when he's on the tv.:floorlaugh:

That tickled me so much, I thought it deserved a "call out" in addition to hitting that "thanks" button! Can I adopt your mom?

WFTV showing spectators watching outside the courthouse. I can't imagine waiting outside in that heat, when it very well could be that they're waiting for nothing.

With all due respect, I just do not think of him as a good guy.

His ex wife had to take him to court to get child support.

So did a lot of people he owed money to. He does not pay his bills.. :loser:

It's interesting how our opinions vary. I don't find Baez physically attractive in the least. He looks like a heavy set Pee Wee Herman to me. His personalty is that of a slimy salesman; a surface charisma that is switched on when needed so it's easier to bullsht people. Not charming at all. If I had to shake his hand, I'd scrub it afterword.

BBM. Yep. I don't begrudge defense lawyers at all. Thank God we have them because everyone is entitled to a fair defense. However, in my experience, attorneys who act like JB (cocky and obnoxious) do so because they are not that great at their jobs. He is sneaky and downright rude. His refusal to follow the Judge's Order and repeated attempts at trial by ambush speak volumes to me.

IDK, there's a time and place for everything, and Baez hamming it up for the camera when his client's life is on the line gives me the creeps.

I know what you mean, I am addicted and even though I have the text alerts set up, I can't keep from coming here and watching HLN, wftv until a verdict comes in. So much for easing back into normalcy...:banghead:

Could you please post again how to get the text alerts set up? Thanks :)

I'm kinda wondering if that little gun show of JB is an indication that he is confident the jury is going to say non-guilty.

Scary. Very, very, very scary!

That tickled me so much, I thought it deserved a "call out" in addition to hitting that "thanks" button! Can I adopt your mom?
She is funny! The bird cage is next to the tv, the bird gets hit if he tries to open the cage door. I stay out of her reach, lol!

I've read two different versions. For the first juror, she did her own "research" on the case outside of court OR she was seen speaking to SPs brother or some such.

The other was the jury foreman. He was replaced because either he requested himself removed OR the other members demanded his removal.

I've not seen a straight answer to this day as to which versions are correct.
Correct, CharlestonGal!

Really weird situations. We were biting our nails for fear of a hung jury, an acquital, or a mistrial. Remember, we had Geragos acting out at that time also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419