New Search 9/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, but I think it was the Desert News. Something about an email regarding the trip to someplace to hunt geodes, but got lost and wound up at Topaz Mtn. MSM says Mr Cox learned of it Wed.! Was this an email she had sent Kiirsi or one of her friends and they just now remembered or found it, because I don't think SP was up in Puyallup using their computers!!

Here's Kiirsi's interview about a comment on Susan's facebook from 2008 that she said yesterday.

When she said this and you look at the maps, you feel it really can be Susan.

snipped

"In the summer of 2009, they went on four or five camping trips and they would just take their van and sleep in their van and just drive wherever and just camp wherever they wanted for the night," says Hellewell.

Hellewell says on one trip Susan left a Facebook update stating they took a wrong turn while looking for geodes near Dugway. She says that searchers now are not far from where Susan was describing.

"So I think they ended up in an erea that was maybe 20 miles away from where police are searching," she said.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-s...arch-for-susan-powell-20110913,0,658712.story

I thought I read that the remain s were in a shallow grave.
So why all the time digging?

Less than a month ago. Here's an article and it's dated 8/25/11

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16967598

Thanks, from the article:

"This warrant stems from information that detectives have developed during the investigation and there is probable cause to believe that there is evidence inside their home and/or vehicles that will help further the case," West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell said.

When did the information that there was a diary start hitting the news? Is that what they might have been referring to in this quote - that they want a look at this diary to see what it might reveal?

I wonder if JP had current journals or if Susan kept current journals... other than online FB.

Not sure, but I think it was the Desert News. Something about an email regarding the trip to someplace to hunt geodes, but got lost and wound up at Topaz Mtn. MSM says Mr Cox learned of it Wed.! Was this an email she had sent Kiirsi or one of her friends and they just now remembered or found it, because I don't think SP was up in Puyallup using their computers!!

Not to cause confusion but last night I ran across a fb post from one of Susan's fb friends- talking about Susan posting that story on her fb. They camped out up there but JP took a wrong turn they got lost? I never pictured Susan with a FB page

Isabelle has been working very closely with family and friends from the very beginning of Susan's disappearance. She just put out an article:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...-at-topaz-mountain-belong-to-susan-cox-powell

were not found randomly by a passer-by or a hunter, this time they were found as a direct result of a search for Susan - a search that was strategically planned out in a location where her husband Josh Powell, the only person of interest in her disappearance, reportedly frequented before Susan went missing.

Chuck explained that ideally Susan would be found alive. He’s also realistic in saying that the discovery of her body would at least give his family some sort of closure.

So I think I understand it all now ...

• Dogs hit on an area of disturbed dirt
  • Anthropologist was called in to determine whether the area had artifacts which would indicate this could be a Native American or early settler burial site. It was determined to be "a newer burial site".
  • More cadaver dogs were called in to validate the "human remains hit"
  • Now LE can begin excavating and process the remains.
That was confusing for a while!

lol. I agree, but have no idea what I'm agreeing on ... other than 'remains' will have to BE SHOWN to me as fact.

I'm going to go now. All my animals are in a turmoil for some odd reason.

I'm not trying to be lazy by not supplying a link but if you do a search for Steve Powell and Susan's journals, they had been threatening to release details and to publish them online as they had possession of them. Too much to list what he did and said. It's a doozie though.

Here's the anthropologist information.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29197675/detail.html

Joelle McCarthy, an anthropologist for the Bureau of Land Management, said Thursday she would assess the location of the remains to see whether the site is historic — meaning remains might belong to Native Americans or early settlers — or whether it's fresh enough to possibly solve the high-profile mystery of Susan Cox Powell.
It was determined that the remains were not historic, but they have yet to determine how old the remains are.
BBM

MSM confusion.............:banghead:

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
FYI, Chuck Cox is headed out here. The chief says he will let him see some of the search efforts tomorrow. @fox13now #SusanPowell #findsusan

So I think I understand it all now ...

• Dogs hit on an area of disturbed dirt
  • Anthropologist was called in to determine whether the area had artifacts which would indicate this could be a Native American or early settler burial site. It was determined to be "a newer burial site".
  • More cadaver dogs were called in to validate the "human remains hit"
  • Now LE can begin excavating and process the remains.
That was confusing for a while!

LE can only excavate if BLM says "okie dokie we'll let you do it":crazy:

http://twitpic.com/6laeej

ben winslow's tweet pic of one of the cadaver dogs

Heroes are what these service dogs are. I just got home and have a gadzillion pages to catch up on. I've been able to follow along on talk radio 1160 in my car. They have had good coverage all day. I believe you can listen online, just google it.

Regarding how the anthropologist (archaeologist?) determined, um, whatever he determined (from Kiirsi's FB): "Update as of 5pm Utah time: no actual remains found yet. BUT dog after dog keeps alerting at the same spot. Police digging carefully and examining each shovel of dirt. They feel sure it is a grave. Archaeologist studied dirt, insects in area and feels sure it is human remains from within the past ten years."

LE can only excavate if BLM says "okie dokie we'll let you do it":crazy:

My Dad is 89 this year. You wouldn't want to say BLM very loudly around him. He spent most of his life hunting for old bottles and other artifacts in the desert. Many of those areas are now off limits, which chaps his hide to no end.
icon12.gif

Thanks, from the article:

When did the information that there was a diary start hitting the news? Is that what they might have been referring to in this quote - that they want a look at this diary to see what it might reveal?

The diaries LE took from the Puyallup home were SP's diaries from her teens....not the recent one which LE took when they did the original search of the home in West Valley City. HTH

I thought I read that the remain s were in a shallow grave.
So why all the time digging?

How would they know it was a shallow grave if they hadn't seen remains?

This case is nuts the way nonsense information is released.:maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member