local media's first home tour and presser 10/27/11 **cancelled**

Well, if something is going on in the field, I'm sure I won't hear anything on the police scanner.

I'm wondering if someone may have broken down, didn't want to put the kids through tomorrows scheduled interviews? Maybe someone knows they could only avoid the PD and media for only so long before they looked really guilty? Maybe someone finally broke and couldnt take the guilt any more? Maybe none of the above.

So many possibilities, all I know is something is going on. Even if the family couldnt be there today for their "Open House", the atorneys could have. Would it have been necessary for them to be there anyway for the press release following the "Home Tour"? No...

Something seems to be up.

And we are all going to be on the edge of our seats today waiting for breaking news. :)

I dont get it :banghead: I certainly didn't expect the "exhausted" Parents to be at the tour or the Lawyer presser. Well maybe i do get it :furious:

What I think would be a great idea is for one of the local stations to make time in their programming for missing children. Maybe feature one missing child in the KC area during each daily news program and to give more information on the station's website. Just the facts, no hype.

http://www.kmbc.com/community/535574/detail.html

Every weekend, KMBC 9 News and Kelli Bailiff profile a missing child in hopes of receiving useful tips from the viewing public.
The segment has been a part of "KMBC 9 News Weekend " and "FirstNews" since 1997. The segment airs weekends on Channel 9 and then again on Mondays during "FirstNews."

They have been doing this locally for many years

snipped from : http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/27/3232130/parents-lawyers-cancel-media-events.html#ixzz1bznMa6KF

“Therefore, the consensus is we all need a rest, until next week all media, therefore all appointments in Kansas City today and tomorrow are being postponed until next weeks,” Short said in a released issued just before 9 a.m

:eek::eek::eek:

BBM: How in the hello can you "rest" when you have a beautiful baby "missing" ? ?

So ... the DT schedules a "tour" of the home for local press and then cancels it ...

:waitasec: IMO "something" is going on ...

MOO ...

wonder if LE have gotten some testing back from the lab? moo

Me thinks something is afoot.

(I hope I hope I hope they have something)

If this is just another stunt, they have to know that it makes them look worse to the public. Postponing the kids interviews, etc. looks like the act of desperate guilty people trying to hold off the inevitable.

Probably couldn't decide whether the tour should be open bar, or BYOB (bring your own box).

:floorlaugh:

Apparently, all the vodka is located in the tricked out basement. I vote they wanted a cash bar.

Anything is possible with this bunch...... moo

I thought it may have been because the t-shirts, bracelets window decals hadn't come in yet...... moo

snipped from : http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/27/3232130/parents-lawyers-cancel-media-events.html#ixzz1bznMa6KF

“Therefore, the consensus is we all need a rest, until next week all media, therefore all appointments in Kansas City today and tomorrow are being postponed until next weeks,” Short said in a released issued just before 9 a.m

BBM: How in the hello can you "rest" when you have a beautiful baby "missing" ? ?

So ... the DT schedules a "tour" of the home for local press and then cancels it ...

MOO ...

I wonder how it would go over if LE cancelled the investigation until Monday because they all "need a rest"?

I'm serious about Disney World-- you know ABC loves to add that into their media packages... I'm bracing myself. jmo

Never mind, I just saw where the kids will still be interviewed.

Maybe.....

Perhaps.....

And we are all going to be on the edge of our seats today waiting for breaking news. :)

I'm not. The whole "Open House,, Question the Boys, Open Arms" approach was nothing but a red herring.

I don't think LE gave any credence to this sudden accessibility to the boys, either.

I hope something is happening. I hope that baby is found.
Someone please alert me if DB starts rolling around in the driveway. :maddening:

If this is the case, and the boys will be interviewed as originally stated, then I think this tour got cancelled because the "national network" they have an exclusive agreement with has a problem with them giving an "exclusive" tour to local media.

My initial feeling was they had pulled the plug on everything because what they really wanted to avoid was having the boys interviewed and they cancelled EVERYTHING so as not to draw attention to the one thing they really wanted to avoid.

But again, if the boys are allowed to go ahead then refer back to my opening statement lol.

MOO ...

BBMam I wrong to read between the lines.......that baby Lisa is deceasd and no hurry now???

MOO ...

I know, right???? WTH are they using to make decisions?? A magic 8 ball????

For now, I'm going with "something big happened" or the family wants to do whatever they need to do, to prepare for whatever comes out of the boys' interviews and tests tomorrow. That's if the link in my above post is not a typo.

So maybe the attorney has something much more important, case-wise, to do than give the ridiculous house tour. And maybe the attorney already knows that the previously prepared and scheduled press conference announcement for today needs revision.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back