10/28/11 Private Investigator Returns, Baby Lisas Family Leaves

In my opinion, the parent/parents know that Lisa is not alive.

On the other hand, if I were innocent and expected my baby to be returned alive, I'm not sure how much comfort I would find with parents whose children had been killed or not found no matter how much these folks were just trying to help.

Just saying....

I agree - If this were happening to me and these two people showed up on my doorstep without even having the consideration to find out if I wanted to meet with them, I would be LIVID. I haven't heard of either of these people, and I doubt these parents have either. So, you're just going to let someone in your home under these circumstances because they say they have had missing children also?? No way. I would turn them away also! And I think it was very rude of this woman to actually go up to the door a second time after already being turned away. These people should know better than anyone what families in this situation go through and just because they have gone through the same doesn't mean they can barge right in and make their appearance without asking first. And why would I want to speak with them now when I don't know what has happened to my child? Maybe later, if my child ends up murdered or never found, but I wouldn't want to at this point.

:eek::eek::eek:

OMG ... wth is going on ?

I just tuned in here, and now I see that the PI, BS has "returned" and the "family" is leaving ?

Pleeeeeeeeeeease don't tell me they are going to DisneyWorld ?

:waitasec: I hope they are NOT leaving the state ...

:waitasec: I sure hope LE put one of those tracking devices on their vehicle ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

It would be great if they were taking the kids to their bio-parents who have not been able to see them...

......nevermind, I was sprinkled with fairy dust and got carried away...

I wasn't inferring that LE has Lisa. I just meant if an arrest were impending, what are they waiting for? What might they have tomorrow that they don't have today? If they choose to arrest someone without having found Lisa, what evidence would they be waiting on? I didn't mean to imply I thought LE would have Lisa and withhold that fact. I can't imagine that is happening.

Withheld from the public or family? Maybe there was a reason DB said "grieving"?

So you're thinking that the family knows Lisa is deceased but LE has not released it to the public? Yeah, no, I don't think I buy that. It will be surprising to me. This case is so strange... anything is possible of course..!

Note the date that DB referred to "grief" (around the 24th I think?) and expensive searches have ensued? Technically, the family's actions have not changed significantly enough, except for becoming more isolated from day 2-4 from locals, which is what DB was referring to when she made the statement. She was asked if she was paid to distance herself from local media; she responded, "No, we're grieving". The behaviors has reflected what she is referring to as grief from darn near day one, no? IMVHO.

Admire your thought process though! :)

Does anyone know how long it generally takes a case like this to go cold? Would it be offically declared cold, with a news conference by LE? Does media just stop showing up at some point, maybe because something newer and bigger comes along? If nothing changes, are we close to this happening or will LE keep looking and media keep showing up for months?

I don't think this case is anywhere near the point of being declared a cold case. LE isn't sharing with us, but they've taken evidence from the Irwin home, and have followed up on nearly 900 tips from over a 1000 tips received. They've conducted searches and have interviewed people. They have a lot to sift through and depending what they find, it may lead to more. It could be months or years before this would ever be declared a cold case. IMO.........I think an arrest will be made eventually.

And, the mother who advocates for families with missing children was the straw that broke the camel's back, of all things, humph, go figure. They called the police on her. Then again, she didn't have an invitation.

Do you know how difficult it is when you go to someone’s door offering to help them and they defer you to lawyers, then call the police on you?
I think the police tactic was because they were already expecting Bill Stanton to be arriving and they were going to be fleeing with him anyway, they wanted us gone and not a minute later.

Tina maintained her composure when we were at the door, and only knocked a second time after she talked to the reporters that were camped outside when she was reminded that the local attorney had been fired and the gentleman at the door didn’t tell us who to call. When she knocked the second time, someone walked over to the door and turned the porch light off. Tina said (not yelled) "Hey... I need to know who the attorney is I need to call, not knowing if other local representation had been assigned"

We were not aware anyone had called the police, and as Fox 4 quoted in their article,

"Police asked FOX 4 crews what happened and they told them that Porter had left after trying two times to speak with the family. After the porch light was turned off, she was discouraged from any more attempts."

For the record, we made several attempts this week to contact the Irwin and Bradley family attempting to set up a meeting. Instead of them responding stating "we aren’t interested", our requests were never acknowledged. We had no contact information for them other than the official find.lisa FB page. I did save all correspondence in the event something like this was going to happen. We were going to move earlier on this, but with the difficulties with LE then every other speedbump in the road, timing has certainly been an issue.

Some Irwin-Bradley supporters have already been online making comments such as, "She should have never gone to the door unannounced" and "this woman’s situation was totally different than what the family of Baby Lisa is going through. Wrong. Over three years of experiencing the feeling of not only 1 child missing, but two. The title of the news article "Baby Lisa's parents call cops on Tina Porter, take off with Bill Stanton" made it sound like Tina went there and did something wrong or illegal, forcing the family to relocate. Earlier today it was announced the Bill Stanton was arriving Sunday in Kansas City again, but the media tipped us off that he was coming much sooner before we pulled away from the Kansas City residence.

The Sam and Lindsey Porter Foundation was established in honor of Sam and Lindsey to assist families of missing and endangered children. A search group was also formed in honor of Sam and Lindsey. A group of many that is so desperately needed to cover grounds law enforcement has not yet covered or grounds nearby they have discounted as possibly holding any evidence or clues.

I hope Baby Lisa is found soon. It apparently won't come from the help of their parents, whom an 11 month old is relying on. An 11 month old that is not capable of calling 911, and unable to yell out to anyone... "Help! I've been kidnapped. Parents that aren't cooperating with LE.

John Walsh had some similar comments such as Tina:
3:23
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45074429#45074429

Kelsey Smith's parents discuss passing out fliers and making public pleas for help:
0:27
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-met...f-baby-lisas-parents-20111028,0,2553210.story

Pamela Butler's mother spoke up about fighting back and utilizing the media:
1:30
Mother remembers tough questions
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-met...f-baby-lisas-parents-20111028,0,2553210.storyhttp://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-met...f-baby-lisas-parents-20111028,0,2553210.story

All of these families giving their advice or offering support all share a couple of things in common:

They lost their children;
They want to help and make a difference

A most difficult task in this case...

I agree - If this were happening to me and these two people showed up on my doorstep without even having the consideration to find out if I wanted to meet with them, I would be LIVID. I haven't heard of either of these people, and I doubt these parents have either. So, you're just going to let someone in your home under these circumstances because they say they have had missing children also?? No way. I would turn them away also! And I think it was very rude of this woman to actually go up to the door a second time after already being turned away. These people should know better than anyone what families in this situation go through and just because they have gone through the same doesn't mean they can barge right in and make their appearance without asking first. And why would I want to speak with them now when I don't know what has happened to my child? Maybe later, if my child ends up murdered or never found, but I wouldn't want to at this point.

Porter only went back to get the attorneys name. She was so taken aback by their rudeness that she didn't get the name of who she should call. They just turned off their light when she went to the door and called LE. HIGH DRAMA again..Crazy-making is all this appears to be.

This woman wants to help find that little girl ALIVE.

I will tell you in KC, watching what happened to those Porter kiddos, and the way that woman fought, fought, fought. The strength. Even people who didn't follow the case are WELL aware of this woman. Not many in KC will agree with you.

Her kids were dead and buried because of a custody battle with the father. He took them and refused to give them back. He sat in jail never telling where to find them. She had no idea if they were dead or alive for three years. While their little bodies rotted....they were dead. Yeah, no. Your opinion would be rather rare around here.

How can anyone be livid that someone with such an unfortunate experience, one who now knows all the ropes of such a horrible situation.. is trying to help them find their daughter? Their arrogance is unbelievable.

This is not the first time they have turned away people who are the VERY people who will help them. LE for starters.

I wonder what they're waiting for. Lab results? If Lisa is deceased, she deserves to be laid to rest with love and dignity. If she is alive, she deserves to be found.

LE won't make an arrest until they have sufficient evidence to support the charges. It may take some time as they have a lot of evidence they took from the home to go through and forensic testing can take weeks to complete.

<snip>
All of these families giving their advice or offering support all share a couple of things in common:

They lost their children;
They want to help and make a difference

A most difficult task in this case...

Preach it. :thumb:

I don't know when police declare a case cold. I don't think this particular case is cold. In my opinion, LE got significant evidence when the searched the home. I do not believe they took a random pair of purple shorts and "Disney character" shirt. I believe they took clothes that they were told Lisa was wearing when last seen. I think they have a boat load of evidence we don't know about, and the grand jury has it too. I really think the events of the last couple of days is leading to an imminent arrest. :cow:

I think so too. I'm on the fence about whether or not this has anything to do with Tanko's Hearing on Tuesday.

11CY-CR03875 - ST V J TANKO
Filing:
Public Defender Determination of Indigency and Notice of Unavailability filed.

10/17/2011 Ord Pub Def Detrmn Eligibility

Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 11/01/2011; 9:00 AM ; JANET SUTTON; Clay

Initial Arraignment Hrng Held
Now comes State by Prosecuting Attorney and defendant in person Defendant arraigned, information read to defendant and enters a plea of not guilty.
Scheduled For: 10/17/2011; 1:35 PM ; JANET SUTTON; Clay

Arraignment Scheduled

Arraignment Scheduled
Associated Entries: 10/17/2011 - Initial Arraignment Hrng Held
Now comes State by Prosecuting Attorney and defendant in person Defendant arraigned, information read to defendant and enters a plea of not guilty.
Scheduled For: 10/17/2011; 1:35 PM ; JANET SUTTON; Clay

From: https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why everyone's first thought is that they're going to Disney? That they called everything off because they were "exhausted" then got in a car with pillows and blankets to DRIVE to Disney in the middle of the night? 1) America is a really big place. They could be anywhere. 2) What lawyer would let them even think of doing that?

As for the description of the clothes being taken from the house, which sound very similar to what Lisa was wearing, I really want to know WHERE they were found. If they were hanging up in her closet or folded neatly in a drawer, I think DB will have a hard time explaining that. No child abductor would do that. Plus, if it was me, and my child went missing and I found the clothes she had been wearing left behind, LE wouldn't have to take them from me days later, I'd be shoving them out the door with them hoping they could get a hair or DNA or something. Just saying.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why everyone's first thought is that they're going to Disney? That they called everything off because they were "exhausted" then got in a car with pillows and blankets to DRIVE to Disney in the middle of the night? 1) America is a really big place. They could be anywhere. 2) What lawyer would let them even think of doing that?

As for the description of the clothes being taken from the house, which sound very similar to what Lisa was wearing, I really want to know WHERE they were found. If they were hanging up in her closet or folded neatly in a drawer, I think DB will have a hard time explaining that. No child abductor would do that. Plus, if it was me, and my child went missing and I found the clothes she had been wearing left behind, LE wouldn't have to take them from me days later, I'd be shoving them out the door with them hoping they could get a hair or DNA or something. Just saying.

My guess is the fact that Good Morning America is on ABC, owned by Disney and they have previously provided trips to Disney for others in the recent past (KC juror & family: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/us/07casey.html) for interviews. I understand where the dots may be connecting. Media is hesitant to pay cash for stories, so they get creative. [http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...estions-about-ethics-checkbook-journalism//B]

In my opinion, the parent/parents know that Lisa is not alive.

On the other hand, if I were innocent and expected my baby to be returned alive, I'm not sure how much comfort I would find with parents whose children had been killed or not found no matter how much these folks were just trying to help.Just saying....

I respectfully disagree with bbm above. They know she's gone and how. If they thought she was alive, I would hope that parents of a missing baby girl would not be sitting around waiting for someone to find their baby. Even G & C Anthony reached out to other people like Josh Duckett and other local families with missing loved ones. They would be wanting anyone, any resource possible to help. JMO

I respectfully disagree with bbm above. They know she's gone and how. If they thought she was alive, I would hope that parents of a missing baby girl would not be sitting around waiting for someone to find their baby. Even G & C Anthony reached out to other people like Josh Duckett and other local families with missing loved ones. They would be wanting anyone, any resource possible to help. JMO

....er...not quite. the anthonys only wanted people who believed caylee was alive. They kicked Tim Miller out of their house when he said Caylee most likely is deceased. They didn't want the remains found. They did everything in their power to deter the investigation and send the LE on the wildest of goose chases.

Imo, an alive child generates sympathy and donations. Once the child is determined to have died, the well dries up fast. There was a memorial service for caylee and the anthonys cremated her and they still went on to say she was alive..FGS! That was a guise to keep the case active. and ongoing creating media blitz. It worked too. They are very wealthy today.

I'm confident the local media will stay on this however long it takes. National media too perhaps. Just like Joshua Powell was on the cover of People magazine some months ago. But ya know we'll be here as long as it takes -- looking for Haeligh, Susan, Kyron, Aliyah, Hailey, and now Lisa amongst so many others. Even Jon Benet pops up now and again in the media.

IMHO, I think once a case gets on People magazine folks don't tend to forget about it. I hope the parents realize that as they go about their daily decisions.

MOO

Mel

As this point, I think Lisa's case is too recent for me to make predictions about the media coverage 10+ years later. I will say that there are a lot less (still) famous cases from the 1990s compared to the 2000s because most cases don't stand the test of time as well as others.

As this point, I think Lisa's case is too recent for me to make predictions about the media coverage 10+ years later. I will say that there are a lot less (still) famous cases from the 1990s compared to the 2000s because most cases don't stand the test of time as well as others.

Yep, it needs some glamour and some craziness to keep it going...

Preach it. :thumb:

I know a few don't like the comparison to the <Mod Snip> but when the bradley/irwin's turned away 2 people with experience in missing children it reminded me of Cindy and how poorly she treated Tim Miller who was only there to help find their missing grandaughter. It was deplorable.

Birds of a feather and all.

MOO

Mel

We don't know where BS was taking them. I could guess and say to talk with JT if he has flown in from Italy yet. I could guess and say they are getting a lot of hate calls, or drop by the house, and being taken to a hotel room for safety concerns, I could guess and say there is a line on a real kidnapper and they are being taken to a hotel room for safety. We just don't know.

Bet ya' BS will be on t.v. in a few hours for the morning shows to explain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back