Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty Two

Kind of O/T but I would love to see the contempt hearing for Dr. White.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Yes I and family were left with morphine to give when needed. The nurse would come at the drop of a hat if I had questions, and was always available by phone if needed. But after DH died they did an accounting of all the meds provided and watched me distroy them.

Yes we destroyed the left overs, but I guess they know if they should leave the medication of not. I was just really surprised on my first experience with hospice.
I do think a friend of mind, that was the patient was over dosed on Morphine by his daughter because Hospice told her to give him as much as she thought he needed it wouldn't hurt him. She didn't have a clue what she was doing and I think she gave him way too much and he just quit breathing.

Omg on HLN Dr. White is on tape hanging out with the Murray supporters, standing right in front of a preprinted sign that Walgren "altered" evidence? OMG he may be charged with a third contempt.

WTH is wrong with that man? -- I know he's stressed but is he of sound mind? Kinda makes me feel that he is in a bad burn-out or something not good.

I don't know if they are suppose to but Hospice leaves medication for the family after they leave. They leave pain medication like Morphine. This has happened every time I have every been involved with Hospice. I think they all do it but don't disclose it because they shouldn't . This is what happends in the real world, I guess.

Yes the medication can legally be left with the hospice patient and family (family has to give meds cause hospice nurse visits are intermittent, sometimes weekly). However, if the patient dies in the home, the on call hospice nurse must go to the home and waste remaining controlled medication with the EMT or Coroner's deputy as a witness. This is what I am told by friends who work in hospice.

Listening to HLN -- even the attorney TH representing the defense side says he would find it difficult for the jury not to convict following CA law on involuntary manslaughter.

Michael Barnes also said if law followed; State has met the burden of proof re: elements to convict on involuntary manslaughter. Even the defense's own witnesses had to admit Murray had egregious violations in the standard of care.

Omg on HLN Dr. White is on tape hanging out with the Murray supporters, standing right in front of a preprinted sign that Walgren "altered" evidence? OMG he may be charged with a third contempt.

You know, I wanted to kinda feel sorry for the guy but now...not so much!!
That was planned!!! The defense is playing dirty!

I was really confused but they left Morphine with me and my sister when my mother was ill. We just looked at each other because yes she needed it but the Hospice people didn't know us except for the time that day that they spent with us.
I know that several other times that I was around when hospice was called in the same thing happend. It was the kind that was given orally.

There has to be a certain degree of trust for home health/hospice to work. Trust me, if your hospice nurse had any concerns re: leaving controlled substances in the home, your mother may well have been transferred to an inpatient hospice unit. Her doctor would have been involved in this decision making.

Everyone at the defense table looks very worried!

IMO

They should be. The state met the burden of proof for involuntary manslaughter and then some. I still believe he should have been charged with 2nd degree murder.

From what I caught the last day of testimony was anti-climatic. I am a little bit let down, and now to have to wait until Thursday for the closing arguments is sad. I wanted to see it go to jury either today or tomorrow. Now the jury probably won't get it until Friday or maybe not start deliberations until Monday. Do the California courts know how to drag a trial out or what?

They should be. The state met the burden of proof for involuntary manslaughter and then some. I still believe he should have been charged with 2nd degree murder.

I too believe he should've been charged with 2nd degree murder.
There were just way too many violations of patient care.

IMO, The CA Trial caused that.

Yes the CA trial seems to have had a huge effect on our justice system. Although I do not have a popular opinion, LOL, the state overcharged in that case without lesser charges and that is why she was acquitted. I actually agreed with the jury on that one. I believe she was guilty but they just just did not prove the degree of the charges they put forth. Had they been given lesser charges, CA would be spending at least 15 years in jail right now. I did not post much on the CA case because no one liked by opinions because I did not think the state proved their case as outlined but I was trying to weigh the evidence objectively.

In this case, they could have charged 2nd degree murder with a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter and left it up to the jury.

That would be an interesting theory but for the fact this case was charged well before the Casey Anthony trial started. We have to remember that the LA DA's office has had an unfortunate record when it's come to high profile cases (OJ, Robert Blake, to name two), so I think they are just far more careful in their charging decisions from the get go.

What sentence would he receive for involuntary manslaughter?

Yes the CA trial seems to have had a huge effect on our justice system. Although I do not have a popular opinion, LOL, the state overcharged in that case without lesser charges and that is why she was acquitted. I actually agreed with the jury on that one. I believe she was guilty but they just just did not prove the degree of the charges they put forth. Had they been given lesser charges, CA would be spending at least 15 years in jail right now. I did not post much on the CA case because no one liked by opinions because I did not think the state proved their case as outlined but I was trying to weigh the evidence objectively.

In this case, they could have charged 2nd degree murder with a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter and left it up to the jury.

I know this is off topic and I in no way want to turn this into a CA thread but I'm curious about what you said. I thought there were several lesser charges included, not just 1st degree murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back