PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the most likely fallacy in the blog post as it relates to Ray Gricar's motivations is that " Ray Gricar was very rich".
No. He wasn't known to be " very rich" or even " rich".

However, my husband 's theory about Gricar

Maria

As an adoptive parent, I find your husband's theory to be disgusting.

Iceberg/SPM:

“I personally don’t think it was homicide,” said Parks-Miller. “I can tell you, what the public was told was the tip of the iceberg.”

http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/review-board-formed-new-probe-into-former-district/nD3gD/

“This review is to satisfy myself that everything that could be done was done,” Parks Miller said Wednesday. “Obviously, previously, I was only privy to what the public was privy to. And since taking office and being able to review the file and the investigation, I can say I was very pleased to learn that what the public was informed of is just the tip of the iceberg, in terms of what has been done in the investigation.”

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2010/04/01/1888171/review-board-lends-new-eyes.html#ixzz1dng3Ktfi

“I’m not going to substitute my opinion for an investigation that’s just being revived again,” she said. “The only thing I will say is that I believe homicide is the least likely, but we rule out nothing.”

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2010/04/01/1888171/review-board-lends-new-eyes.html#ixzz1dngl81Kt

Seems what we don't know is huge.

The "tip of the iceburg" in the first quote is a bit inaccurate; SPM sort of backed away from the comment in July. http://articles.philly.com/2011-07-31/news/29835864_1_investigators-retirement-plans-ray-gricar/4

True and no body has been found. If there is a body, it likely is just skeletal remains.

I've looked at the searches they did. If there was a body in the Susquehanna, it would have been found.

yes, and how soon was Ray reported missing? that night, right? like by 830 people were looking for Ray...when was his car found? right away right? so I think his body would have been nearby..or floating, unless he tied himself to a boulder...no.no...

Minazoe,
Reported missing that night, and car found (IIRC) approx. 6:30 pm by a passing police officer.

If he was in witness protection, was the laptop just a red herring?

I feel like it was to keep interested parties away from Patty.

this is the part that bothers me...could a killer know how provocative it would be to toss that laptop in the river...? did the killer pull out that hard drive as well?

or was it actually Ray? this is the part that sticks...so if say

he comes out of the store, knowing he has been followed...he is intercepted...the killer comes back and removes the laptop from the car and dispatches it into the river....

it's soooooooooooooooo clean. it bothers me.

where is Ray? and why is his family so willing to let go?

was Ray's life insurance mature?

it's a very serious thing to disappear that deeply and completely.

who does that?

break up with your girlfriend...take off...who gives a dang? just like a million guys do everyday...

From the same NY Times article: According to people involved in the case, Sandusky was never placed under extensive surveillance. Instead, they began poring over the records of Sandusky’s charity, the Second Mile, and interviewing people who had been through the program.

If Gricar had just started to poke around a little bit, this case may have blown open in 1998. It appears the Penn State Police were on-board for an investigation.

But we can play "what if" all day.

What if....RG did,over the years learn that Sandusky's program for young troubled kids,was at the center of a sex ring?And, what if, this ring included some very high up officials in state and national government?What if someone found out he was getting too close for comfort.....and hired a hit man....

What if....RG did,over the years learn that Sandusky's program for young troubled kids,was at the center of a sex ring?And, what if, this ring included some very high up officials in state and national government?What if someone found out he was getting too close for comfort.....and hired a hit man....

Why not make it look like an accident, suicide, or a robbery? Why leave something, a mystery, that would leave people talking for years?

As an adoptive parent, I find your husband's theory to be disgusting.

As an adult who was adopted as an infant by 2 remarkable and loving parents ( especially my dad), it didn't sit too well with me either.
However, my point in posting what he said, verbatim, was to show that people who KNOW adopted children and their adoptive parents very closely stil sometimes wonder things.

I can't stop them from wondering and you can't either. Even though it hurts.

Why not make it look like an accident, suicide, or a robbery? Why leave something, a mystery, that would leave people talking for years?

Criminals often don't think that far ahead.:twocents:

A professional would.

really? You don't think a professional would dispose of Ray's body in a hidden spot and then go back and dump that laptop? It looks as though this happened in broad daylight, away from home...you would have to be pretty creative to just whack him and leave him out there where witnesses might see something...pretty risky.

My apologies if this has been addressed previously -- why would RG even have his laptop with him on a drive? Wi-Fi was spotty at best in 2005, especially in rural areas.

I think he was lured out there...if he was followed he may have been trying to get rid of it, knowing he was being watched. Perhaps he had been threatened.

threatened with what?

and why would anyone bother knowing all of the files could be backed up under lock and key in order to protect him.

oh boy... what was on that laptop? so curious isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa