TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see what your saying, but again keep in mind the husband said she was suffering from mental health issues. There are quite a few other people who will argue that. In this day an age mental health issues are so broad it's not even funny. Put a person on Xanax for anxiety and that is classified as a "mental health" issue. I would guess about 6 of of 10 friends of mine are on an anti depressant for various reasons but i would never classify them as "out of their minds" or not "thinking clearly" again, mental health issues is so broad it's hard to speculate what kind of mental issues a person has and unless you speak directly to someone's doctor we truly do not know what kind of mental issue a person has or how severe it is. JMO

I truly don't know what to think happened to Gail at this point.

BUT, I think MP's comments about GP's mental health hold ZERO credibility, for a couple of reasons.
First, I haven't heard where one other person backs that up. Is there anyone with credibility who has claimed this?

Second, it's the oldest line in a cheater's handbook, to claim the betrayed spouse has "mental issues"...so people will be less likely to believe the unflattering stories about the cheater. As in "Of course I'm not cheating...Sally Sue (or Billy Bob) is just a paranoid, delusional control freak trying to make me look bad!"
Then if by chance the betrayed spouse actually cries or shows any anger about the adultery (which any SANE peson would BTW) then the cheater tries to use these normal reactions as evidence that spouse is some kind of freak. I have seen this over and over.

Sooooo.... MP saying GP was mental, means absolutely nothing to me.
He is on record (documented) with credibility issues, per his being fired from his job for using company resources, money and time to conduct his adulterous affair (that's considered stealing) and lying to them about being in meetings or working , when he wasn't. So I have to question the integrity of any statement he makes. Looks like he is in CYA mode. IMHO

I am glad she has been found, but sad she was not alive. I wonder if she was forced off the road, maybe by someone behind her or someone coming toward her from the other direction. Would someone not have seen her go over the side? I mean isn't there usually traffic up there during the time frame? Also, anyone that travels that road daily would notice a rock missing and maybe think someone had gone over the side - I don't know but if I knew someone was missing and I noticed this type disturbance I think I would have alerted someone that maybe a vehicle had gone over. I have lived in Chattanooga and areas of AL that have places such as this and I know I would be concerned had I seen it disturbed like this. Makes me think this area was never searched even tho a boulder was missing. Prayers for her children and her family.

Yes realdeal, some cheating spouses say exactly that. My first husband had everyone we knew convinced I was crazy and imagining things or else I was blaming him when it was me actually cheating. Cheaters say anything to get the situation away from them.

Very confused, Peliman. Please explain? :waitasec:

Satellite tracking goes both ways- the satellite to the source of the signal, and back again. So no matter what service you subscribe to... the pings are there, as is the data which is usually recoverable.

I truly don't understand this, it defies everything I understood about signals sent and received. :(

Frustrated!

I'll try... While satellite can be used both ways, I beleive her GPS was only capable of receiving GPS signal. The pings they are referring to are the cell tower pings.

Similar to an FM radio, it receives music but doesn't transmit unless it's designed to do so. I don't think Gails GPS and Satellites were pinging one another.

I'm not even sure her GPS (if she had one was enabled.) Snopes describes this much better than I. Sometimes GPS tracking works and sometimes it is too vague depending on a slew of variables.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/cellping.asp

One other thing, for global positioning satellites to see her at least 4 satellites are needed if the phone was enabled. I don't beleive satellites could see her after the accident under the cover of trees and blockage of the mountain. JMO...

So many variables here.

BUT, I think MP's comments about GP's mental health hold ZERO credibility, for a couple of reasons.
First, I haven't heard where one other person backs that up. Is there anyone with credibility who has claimed this?

Snipped by me. Like I said, I haven't been following the case. BUT, upon reading some of the first thread, I do see some familiar signs of an adult struggling with mental health issues. The neighbour saying that things were bad and Gail had been struggling for a month or so, the person living in closest proximity saying that she was having issues, all the sudden the cops are being called to the property multiple times a week (again, not read it all and not sure if that was a long term issue which came out later), etc. The family's denials were borderline offensive regarding mental illness (Gail was too intelligent- because chemical disturbances have never affected smart people), and so I don't think they would necessarily recognise the signs of a mental illness, especially if Gail was hiding it. Plenty of families- smart, loving families- don't see. That doesn't mean that Gail necessarily was ill, just that reading the beginning with the knowledge of the end gave me a different perspective. In the end it probably had little or nothing to do with her death, and I'm certainly not saying that her husband is some sort of martyr or saint. He was probably a <mod snip> person and a <mod snip> husband trying to protect his own behind with his actions, but that doesn't make him guilty of anything.

Snipped by me. Like I said, I haven't been following the case. BUT, upon reading some of the first thread, I do see some familiar signs of an adult struggling with mental health issues. The neighbour saying that things were bad and Gail had been struggling for a month or so, the person living in closest proximity saying that she was having issues, all the sudden the cops are being called to the property multiple times a week (again, not read it all and not sure if that was a long term issue which came out later), etc. The family's denials were borderline offensive regarding mental illness (Gail was too intelligent- because chemical disturbances have never affected smart people), and so I don't think they would necessarily recognise the signs of a mental illness, especially if Gail was hiding it. Plenty of families- smart, loving families- don't see. That doesn't mean that Gail necessarily was ill, just that reading the beginning with the knowledge of the end gave me a different perspective. In the end it probably had little or nothing to do with her death, and I'm certainly not saying that her husband is some sort of martyr or saint. He was probably a person and a husband trying to protect his own behind with his actions, but that doesn't make him guilty of anything.

Of course lying or cheating or misappropriating funds (i.e. stealing) alone doesn't make him guilty of murder, but it does show a pattern of dishonesty, and if someone is dishonest with their own family and employer, it makes their statements suspect.

Now if Gail were my mother or daughter, I would hold him accountable to some degree regardless, because even if GP did just indeed have a tragic accident (entirely possible but we don't know yet) MP's hands are still not clean, IMHO,
because terrible stress and grief definitely affect driving and reasoning skills. But that was not my original point.

My point is that tears or anger over betrayal is a sign of mental HEALTH, not mental illness. And as for calling 911, note that LE did not arrest GP for false or frivilous reports, but urged her to go to a safe place.

I wish we knew which of the rocks/boulders is missing from the roadside.

It isn't any of the rocks we see in the crash site photos we have. Those are big slabs of limestone and part of the mountainside.

How fast would a Jeep Rubicon have to be going to push/drag a 435-lb. rock from the roadside to the drop-off?

I know there's a great deal of Monday-morning quarterbacking and hindsight is always twenty-twenty, but . . .

I saw a post somewhere else (not here - and not going to link) about how anyone who was wrong about what happened to Gail should have to eat their crow straight from the frying pan, or something like that. And they went on to say that if this hadn't happened, and if Gail hadn't disappeared, MP's career and his girlfriend's wouldn't have been "ruined."

But hey ~ :cow: :twocents: :cow:
I don't believe anyone needs to apologize for the way we tried to sleuth this case, or for all the people (media included) who felt that something was wrong with the picture (and perhaps still feel there are unanswered questions). And I personally don't for one minute think that Gail ruined anyone's career. People can certainly choose to believe that Gail was in the wrong for changing her pin numbers and taking jewelry from the house, but some of us see that as a frantic woman trying to protect her finances and her own possessions during a nasty divorce that was looming. The others involved were grown-ups too and just as responsible for their actions, such as lying to their own spouses and employers. The truth only came out because Gail was missing and people stepped forward to tell the bosses.

I know there's a great deal of Monday-morning quarterbacking and hindsight is always twenty-twenty, but . . .

I saw a post somewhere else (not here - and not going to link) about how anyone who was wrong about what happened to Gail should have to eat their crow straight from the frying pan, or something like that. And they went on to say that if this hadn't happened, and if Gail hadn't disappeared, MP's career and his girlfriend's wouldn't have been "ruined."
I don't believe anyone needs to apologize for the way we tried to sleuth this case, or for all the people (media included) who felt that something was wrong with the picture (and perhaps still feel there are unanswered questions). And I personally don't for one minute think that Gail ruined anyone's career. People can certainly believe that Gail was in the wrong for trying to protect her finances and her own possessions during a nasty divorce that was looming, but the others involved were grown-ups too and just as responsible for their actions. The truth only came out because Gail was missing and people stepped forward to tell the bosses.

BBM Dark Red For anyone to claim Gail is the reason their carreers are ruined is IMHO..... Mind boggling to say the least...JMHO

Also, in reference to myself I still believe something was/is terribly wrong...JMHO

I went back by East Brow. It was the third rock in from the right in the pic posted earlier. Also, on reporter, Megan Boatwright's twitter she said she talked to the people that noticed the rock missing also noticed tire tracks but didn't report it. WTH???

I went back by East Brow. It was the third rock in from the right in the pic posted earlier. Also, on reporter, Megan Boatwright's twitter she said she talked to the people that noticed the rock missing also noticed tire tracks but didn't report it. WTH???

I just cannot understand that at all. :waitasec: With searches going on everywhere and blanket coverage by the media?

I don't believe anyone needs to apologize for the way we tried to sleuth this case, or for all the people (media included) who felt that something was wrong with the picture (and perhaps still feel there are unanswered questions). And I personally don't for one minute think that Gail ruined anyone's career. People can certainly choose to believe that Gail was in the wrong for changing her pin numbers and taking jewelry from the house, but some of us see that as a frantic woman trying to protect her finances and her own possessions during a nasty divorce that was looming. The others involved were grown-ups too and just as responsible for their actions, such as lying to their own spouses and employers. The truth only came out because Gail was missing and people stepped forward to tell the bosses.

Exactly!
Let this be a lesson to those who cheat and lie. There are consequences, and is only childish to blame the victims of your dishonesty.

If I get caught speeding, is it my fault I get a ticket, or should I blame that bad ol' policeman?

It would behoove anyone to put on their big kid pants and accept responsibility for their own choices.

I agree 100% with your thoughts.

I'd also like to add that when one skips business conferences that one was expected to attend, that tends to make one lose their job. In other words, he did it to himself.

Also on her twitter account it say's she will be live from E Brow @ 5. It will be interesting to see if she interviewed the people about the rock.

I just can't understand why if you notice your 450 pound rock missing with tire tracks leading over the side of a cliff from where the rock was, why you don't report it to LE. What were they thinking happened? What did they think caused the tire tracks?

http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/video/...rt=undefined&akProfile=undefined&rnd=98473725

meganboatwright Megan Boatwright
I'll be live from E. Brow @ 5. Talked to neighbors who noticed the missing rock, turns out they also saw tire tracks. #GailPalmgren
1 hour ago

Thanks, here are the rocks again. Wow, they didn't report the tire tracks. :(

browroad3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members