TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHATTANOOGA -
(WRCB) - Family visitation for Gail Palmgren memorial underway at St. Peter's Episcopal Church on Ashland Terrace.
Many Signal Mountain friends and neighbors are here, as are her brother, sister and other friends from New York.
Palmgren's best friend Arlene Durham has not been permitted inside the church, however. She has been told she is not allowed on church property and must stand across the street.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16417996/family-holds-visitation-for-gail-palmgren

Wow. I wonder if the whole family didn't want her in there or if it is just MP?

Another snippet:

Durham says she's not sure why services are being held at St. Peter's Episcopal. She says Gail attended a Catholic church on Signal Mountain.
Clive Bonnick the man who became involved in search efforts after Palmgren's disappearance has also been told to leave.
Matt Palmgren's attorney guarded front doors until 11:00 a.m. when memorial started.

Shelby-
Can't agree more. I am also curious about the fact that it was not held at the church Gail attended. Another control move. Guess he wanted it where HE wanted it. Plenty of things could have been done so that certain people could attend. I can't say I agree with everything AD has done thru all of this but that is neither here nor their and my opinion does matter--but it should not take away the right for her to mourn her friend and get some closure---closure I don't think she is ever going get.

Shelby-
Can't agree more. I am also curious about the fact that it was not held at the church Gail attended. Another control move. Guess he wanted it where HE wanted it. Plenty of things could have been done so that certain people could attend. I can't say I agree with everything AD has done thru all of this but that is neither here nor their and my opinion does matter--but it should not take away the right for her to mourn her friend and get some closure---closure I don't think she is ever going get.

Yes, she should have been allowed in. She was Gail's friend. Period.

Wonder if MP's girlfriend attended?

--sorry, that was snarky.

I haven't seen a "disinvited" list since Caylee Anthony's memorial service. I hope Gail's friends find a way to hold a service of their own to remember and speak of her. I would suggest they do this after a short time is past and they hold it at her grave. That's what I would do.

Just adding in my thoughts. I've followed this case a bit but have not posted.

I now think the only thing hubby is guilty of is being a jerk.

The only scenario that I can come up with that makes sense on how her car got where it was - think about this for one second. Have you ever been mad at your spouse, or anyone, and I mean REALLY mad? Blood boiling mad? Have you ever been cheated on or been similarly disrespected by someone? Think of how much grief and anger would be experienced. We all have been emotional to some degree and had something big on our mind. It's constantly on your mind. If you're like me, the worst times are when alone - in the shower, driving, etc - because that is where the thoughts and emotions consume you.

I have no idea what went on that day but my thought is that something happened. Gail may have left her house feeling ok but 10 - 20 minutes of thinking alone and getting emotional can change you quick.

I think there is no coincidence on hubby's arrival home but I don't think it has a sinister meaning. I think Gail reached that spot in the road and was super upset and angry and speeding, decided she was going to confront him right when he got home from work. Slammed on the breaks, slammed on the gas in reverse to turn around and unfortunately hit it too hard. I think the grassy area with the rocks looked like a big enough and safe enough place to turn around and she overestimated a lot of the situation.

How pathetic. MP can't even give up control to let others mourn and celebrate Gail's life.

Seriously. This is the height of tacky and bad taste (of course so is talking about money when you have a missing wife . . . of course so is having a girlfriend when you have a missing wife).

He couldn't have picked a better way to keep suspicions on him, as far as I'm concerned. :cow:

Also, I have to protest this as a Southerner. This is just the opposite of what funerals are usually like in the south. On the day of the funeral things should be smoothed over so people can grieve. No one should be left out in the cold. :(

According to what I just read, MP was the only one requesting that certain people not be allowed to attend. It didn't come from the rest of the family, just MP.

I find it extremely strange that they aren't releasing any of the investigation findings until next week. Maybe MP will have a new chapter in his life to contend with then. Its so sad that he could stoop so low as to deny people who cared so much about Gail from being at her memorial service. Maybe he won't be laughing next week.

Personally, I can see MP not wanting AD or C there. They both have outspken personalities which can be a very good thing, but I think the venom amongst them might have boiled over with a confrontation and something being said in front of the children. They may have all played nice but I don't think it was worth the risk. Her family had no problem putting she died in a tragic accident in their local paper and it seems IMO, that is the way LE is leaning. The kids deserve the right to celebrate their mother's life with no tension and drama..that is the most important thing.

I could careless about MP, but those kids need to find peace. My heart goes out to those two children. They have to be going through a lot and God bless both of them. I pray they can find strength to go forward in their lives. Its not going to be easy for them without their mom.

Personally, I can see MP not wanting AD or C there. They both have outspken personalities which can be a very good thing, but I think the venom amongst them might have boiled over with a confrontation and something being said in front of the children. They may have all played nice but I don't think it was worth the risk. Her family had no problem putting she died in a tragic accident in their local paper and it seems IMO, that is the way LE is leaning. The kids deserve the right to celebrate their mother's life with no tension and drama..that is the most important thing.

Granted her obituary reads she died as a result of a "tragic accident," but last I heard the official cause hasn't yet been released....JMHO

Respectfully I have to disagree, I do not think AD or CB would have caused ANY trouble at that service. They wanted to pay their respects. No matter how outspoken AD is or was -She should have been there. All MP is worried about is himself.

I suspect family has the results of the investigation.

Granted her obituary reads she died as a result of a "tragic accident," but last I heard the official cause hasn't yet been released....JMHO

Very true and maybe they will say something I am not expecting. I just think that the family probably has been in touch with LE and have an idea about what they are going to say next week...I could be totally wrong. I just hope whatever is said will bring some sort of peace to all involved.

I suspect family has the results of the investigation.

With you making that statement, here is my thought. They have the results and the results are a "tragic accident" They are waiting to release that info next week so that this info will not over shadow the memorial today. If those are the results they have come up with, I understand most people will not "accept" that. So this was all planned in the correct way to cause the least amount of backlash as the family mourns Gail this weekend. Had they released the results before the memorial they ran the risk of a media circus at the service and the risk of people who do not believe that causing problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get