TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the jeep with the phone went over without her in it. She was dealt with later.

Then that would have been a stupid place to run/push the Jeep off the road - how would someone be sure it would stop & not fall all the way to the other road at the bottom of the cliff? If this was premeditated murder, the chosen location does not make sense - it is not isolated plus there is no curve there. Logically, a murderer would look for both. I also don't think it would be possible to throw her off the cliff & have her land so close to the vehicle.

..And no matter what our opinions are-in the end it really does not matter. Because....LE has the one thing that none of us in the public has... and that is they have seen all of the evidence. I will never believe that all of these law enforcement agencies are covering for anyone--so I am left with the opinion that they want the truth also.

JMO.

I am disappointed that we have to wait until next week, but I too believe it is for the family to have some peace at the funeral. I imagine that there is some tension at the funeral between Gail's family and Matt. I pray for the children tomorrow as it will be an extremely difficult day for them. Even when a death is expected, a funeral brings to the surface the grief that may be deeper within one's self. I will be gone for the weekend celebrating the new year.

Happy New Year to all of my fellow sleuthers. I appreciate gaining insight and knowledge from all of you!

My thoughts and prayers are with the children and Gail's family and friends as well, cocomod.
What a tremendously stressful and hard time to have to deal with all of this- and the rumor mill absolutely no help, I'm sure.
I hope no matter what opinions everyone has, all of Gail's loved ones are left in peace at this time.

Prayers of healing to all who loved Gail.

Then that would have been a stupid place to run/push the Jeep off the road - how would someone be sure it would stop & not fall all the way to the other road at the bottom of the cliff? If this was premeditated murder, the chosen location does not make sense - it is not isolated plus there is no curve there. Logically, a murderer would look for both. I also don't think it would be possible to throw her off the cliff & have her land so close to the vehicle.

I threw it out as a possibility, because some people think it was a murder. I'm trying to figure out HOW it could have been a murder, such as how it was achieved. Personally, I think it was an accident.

[bbm]

Yes. Back to pure physical science. I can't figure out how that would have worked, whether the theory were MP himself or MFH (referencing the portion I bolded). Seems very risky and impractical, considering other options of method and location.

And I can't get away from that 23 minute time frame. Back to the rumor vs. fact thing. Are we sure of this one? I know some posters question whether it is correct. I know it has been in various MSM articles, but I can't say I've heard it directly from any LE interview or press release. Have we?

IIRC.. MP"s attorney was the one who first claimed her jeep went off the mtn. at approximately 12:25 pm, just 10 minutes after she left her residence.. I believe that information was posted on the #12 thread...Reason I remember that time is because I remembered thinking.. How convenient.. That is the exact time MP supposedly arrived home at the residence that day after Gail dropped the children off and left...JMHO..

How it morphed into being 23 minutes after she left her residence, I don't know...JMHO..

I threw it out as a possibility, because some people think it was a murder. I'm trying to figure out HOW it could have been a murder, such as how it was achieved. Personally, I think it was an accident.

Personally, I suspect alot of thought went into the plan and thats how it was achieved....JMHO
Also, IIRC someone (who I am thinking is a local) posted here that the house directly across the street was vacant at the time due to the couple getting a divorce... I also recall the same poster stating they had traveled East Brow many times and never saw a car on the road or behind them...JMHO

Also, IMHO considering how eratic cell phone service can be on the mtn at times,it is quite possible for Gail's cell phone to have been driven off the mtn in order to show a drop in elevation..IIRC..The phone did ping off a tower close to the Wal-Mart... JMHO

The cell ping and the GPS signal I really want to understand better. I hope LE can explain that in the press release.

And (somewhat randomly) I have a question for any locals- does anyone know what the trash pickup schedule is for E. Brow and the W? The day(s) and usual times of pickup? Did usual trash service change due to the weather? TIA if anyone recalls this.

The cell ping and the GPS signal I really want to understand better. I hope LE can explain that in the press release.

And (somewhat randomly) I have a question for any locals- does anyone know what the trash pickup schedule is for E. Brow and the W? The day(s) and usual times of pickup? Did usual trash service change due to the weather? TIA if anyone recalls this.

Oriah...

http://signalmountaintn.gov/assets/misc/GARBAGE_SCHEDULE.pdf

You can also obtain information from this site.

http://signalmountaintn.gov/departments/

Are you thinking there was a barrel rolling around in the road?

The irony is that, in my opinion, the most people will be upset if MP is not charged with a crime. I believe the majority of people who have followed this case closely really want to see him cuffed. In my opinion, this would be the worst case scenario. The children would lose contact with the parent they have left. I really, really hope MP is cleared, but again, even if LE clears him, I'm afraid the public will never believe it.

If this is ruled as a suicide, some people will be judgmental of Gail. Mental illness carries a stigma unfortunately. It won't be viewed the same as if she'd had a different type of illness, such as a heart or seizure issue, causing her to lose control of the jeep. Some will be angry at the injustice of the "blame the victim" syndrome, as it will be interpreted by some. They will believe LE has been fooled by a set-up. They want to blame somebody though, specifically MP, if not LE. They may interpret suicide as GP's "fault," which is very uncomfortable, so they'll try to find a way around that. To think MP pushed her to suicide will be felt as a little more acceptable and therefore a little more likely a mindset for people IMO. Strangely, I think suicide is the possibility that will infuriate the most people, in different ways.

If this is ruled as an accident, I'm afraid most of the people will be furious at the "injustice" of it all, convinced LE has failed to "catch" a cover-up. Being relieved that the case is closed won't be the predominate atmosphere, I am afraid.

I think that so many who want "justice" mean that they want LE to come to the conclusion they have already determined. And what they hope is that MP will be arrested. This is the possibility that I think will hurt the children the most but will make most of the bystanders feel ready to celebrate. I've read various comments here and there, by people hoping for "good" news, but I don't think they see "good" news the same as I do.

Am I missing something?

Yes. Justice. I have no opinion of this case because I have not really followed it. But, if the husband killed Gail or arranged for her to be killed, justice is not served by having him remain free and parenting her two children.

Also, I just don't think murderers are fit or safe parents for children.

I am disappointed that we have to wait until next week, but I too believe it is for the family to have some peace at the funeral. I imagine that there is some tension at the funeral between Gail's family and Matt. I pray for the children tomorrow as it will be an extremely difficult day for them. Even when a death is expected, a funeral brings to the surface the grief that may be deeper within one's self. I will be gone for the weekend celebrating the new year.

Happy New Year to all of my fellow sleuthers. I appreciate gaining insight and knowledge from all of you!

Does Gail's family see the children?

Yes. Justice. I have no opinion of this case because I have not really followed it. But, if the husband killed Gail or arranged for her to be killed, justice is not served by having him remain free and parenting her two children.

Agreed!

But if he is innocent, I'd guess that most people here would consider it unjust for MP (and for his children) to have him continue to be accused of her murder.

And I wonder about what would be just if it was a suicide here. Would Gail's children be better off reading that she killed herself or that she had an accident? I am unsure. And even then, I suspect that even if LE's evidence points to suicide, there will be some who blame MP for that, and will continue to do so publicly. So I guess either way, with how some people feel, the kids will be deprived of both of their parents. Such a sad situation.

Agreed!

But if he is innocent, I'd guess that most people here would consider it unjust for MP (and for his children) to have him continue to be accused of her murder.

And I wonder about what would be just if it was a suicide here. Would Gail's children be better off reading that she killed herself or that she had an accident? I am unsure. And even then, I suspect that even if LE's evidence points to suicide, there will be some who blame MP for that, and will continue to do so publicly. So I guess either way, with how some people feel, the kids will be deprived of both of their parents. Such a sad situation.

:twocents: This is just my opinion, but I believe that the best situation for everyone including the children is to know the truth, whatever it is. I just don't think it's a good idea to keep that from them. It will be all over the news and everyone else will know the truth. In that case, they should know the truth, too. I think the loss of their mother is already so painful. Finding out later that they were not told the truth about what happened would just extend and worsen that pain, I think. As far as blame, I agree with you. People will assign blame regardless if it is ruled completely accidental or suicide. I believe that we are all responsible for the things we say, our actions and the consequences. JMO

Also, I just don't think murderers are fit or safe parents for children.

I agree with you completely. I hope nothing in my prior post suggested otherwise.

And you are exactly right. The Court of Public Opinion in this case has been brutal IMO. I'm not seeing a way at this point for MP to recover from that even if he is innocent. And it just may be that he is innocent. I didn't think so early on, but as we've gone along, I've come to believe his choices that have made him appear "guilty" could have other explanation. I don't know what it is, and unless it's a criminal matter, I hope I don't find out. I think the family should be entitled to SOME privacy, although not much is left.

The distrust of LE, despite the range of agencies involved in this investigation, is very troubling to me.

Agreed!

As I see it IF it can be proven w/o a shadow of a doubt Gail made the decision to end her own life then MP is not the one responsible for her decision. In all reality, it would have been her own reaction to circumstances beyond her control that led her to a fate of that nature......However, I don't believe Gail made a decision to end her own life and I don't believe Gail had a freak accident either and drove off the mountain......JMHO..

MP has (from the beginning) attempted to prove Gail was mentally unstable and IMHO has set the scene for her death to be ruled as a tragic accident or a suicide...To my knowledge never once acknowledging foul play could be involved eventhough his wife had expressed concerns about someone following her..Her friends even stating they thought that to be the case too..

IMHO..His wife and the mother of his children is now dead and he isn't expressing any concern that foul play could have and is most probably involved considering she was saying someone was follwong her? IMHO... Something is terribly wrong with that picture.. JMHO

As I see it IF it can be proven w/o a shadow of a doubt Gail made the decision to end her own life then MP is not the one responsible for her decision. In all reality, it would have been her own reaction to circumstances beyond her control that led her to a fate of that nature......However, I don't believe Gail made a decision to end her own life and I don't believe Gail had a freak accident either and drove off the mountain......JMHO..

MP has (from the beginning) attempted to prove Gail was mentally unstable and IMHO has set the scene for her death to be ruled as a tragic accident or a suicide...To my knowledge never once acknowledging foul play could be involved eventhough his wife had expressed concerns about someone following her..Her friends even stating they thought that to be the case too..

IMHO..His wife and the mother of his children is now dead and he isn't expressing any concern that foul play could have and is most probably involved considering she was saying someone was follwong her? IMHO... Something is terribly wrong with that picture.. JMHO

IF mental illness is key in this case, I don't know how enough detail of that could be brought out to satisfy the public, without a massive violation of HIPAA. I am curious about whether HIPAA privacy rights disappear after a person is deceased. Does anybody know?

Of course, to bring out such information just to satisfy public curiousity would be, IMO, cruel. But would it be legal?

IF mental illness is key in this case, I don't know how enough detail of that could be brought out to satisfy the public, without a massive violation of HIPAA. I am curious about whether HIPAA privacy rights disappear after a person is deceased. Does anybody know?

Of course, to bring out such information just to satisfy public curiousity would be, IMO, cruel. But would it be legal?

I'm not that curious and it's really none of my business, however, I just don't believe Gail made a decision to end her own life...JMHO

ETA.. IF Gail was so mentally unstable WHY did he allow her to take the chidren to Alabama? WHY was he out of town with another woman while Gail was home alone with the children during the storms? Why wasn' t he at home with the children instead of spending nights away from home in downtown hotels with TH? Seems he really didn't care too much about the chidren IF he really thought Gail was so mentally unstable..JMHO

Info like this makes one think murder:

"*New Details* April 30, 2011 – In a June 28th interview, Gail's sister, Diane Nichols, tells Eyewitness News that Palmgren begged her sister to call the Signal Mountain Police and have them meet her at the family's home. Nichols says the SMPD called Palmgren on her cell phone; the details of that conversation have not been released."

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/14669942/timeline-leading-up-to-palmgrens-disapearance

Info like this makes one think of mental illness:

"April 23 - Gail makes an impromptu visit with her kids to the home of family friends in Alabama. After becoming separated from the children on a shopping trip, she calls police, suspecting a plot to take the kids away from her. They were found shortly thereafter with a friend and it was determined they were never really "missing." (Source: Chattanoogan.com) In the weeks leading up to her disappearance Gail starts handing out personal items, such as her passport, to friends along with instructions to keep them safe"

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/disappearance-1006947-palmgren-missing.html

If she was suffering any mental illness, I don't believe she was always mentally ill. Sometimes people have episodes that occur, because of extreme stress and anxiety. More like a deterioration leading to a mental breakdown. She had quite a few stresses. She lost her job, she was losing her husband and possibly children. IIRC, her brother past away as well. Her life was turning upside down. I don't know what happened to her, but I can see the arguments for foul play, accident or suicide. I guess it will be determined by the evidence.

The irony is that, in my opinion, the most people will be upset if MP is not charged with a crime. I believe the majority of people who have followed this case closely really want to see him cuffed. In my opinion, this would be the worst case scenario. The children would lose contact with the parent they have left. I really, really hope MP is cleared, but again, even if LE clears him, I'm afraid the public will never believe it.

If this is ruled as a suicide, some people will be judgmental of Gail. Mental illness carries a stigma unfortunately. It won't be viewed the same as if she'd had a different type of illness, such as a heart or seizure issue, causing her to lose control of the jeep. Some will be angry at the injustice of the "blame the victim" syndrome, as it will be interpreted by some. They will believe LE has been fooled by a set-up. They want to blame somebody though, specifically MP, if not LE. They may interpret suicide as GP's "fault," which is very uncomfortable, so they'll try to find a way around that. To think MP pushed her to suicide will be felt as a little more acceptable and therefore a little more likely a mindset for people IMO. Strangely, I think suicide is the possibility that will infuriate the most people, in different ways.

If this is ruled as an accident, I'm afraid most of the people will be furious at the "injustice" of it all, convinced LE has failed to "catch" a cover-up. Being relieved that the case is closed won't be the predominate atmosphere, I am afraid.

I think that so many who want "justice" mean that they want LE to come to the conclusion they have already determined. And what they hope is that MP will be arrested. This is the possibility that I think will hurt the children the most but will make most of the bystanders feel ready to celebrate. I've read various comments here and there, by people hoping for "good" news, but I don't think they see "good" news the same as I do.

Am I missing something?

I'm using your post to bounce my thoughts off of the possibility of suicide.

These are my thoughts:

There is no way I would commit suicide by plummeting my vehicle off of a steep cliff/mountain.

NO WAY.

Why would one subject themselves to compound fractures, brain damage, losing a limb.....my point is that there is NO GUARANTEE that you will die! You have a HIGH risk of becoming a vegetable!

IMO, one would overdose on pills..you would fall asleep....painless....

IMO, there are only 3 options here. A terrible accident (which I don't think happened) or someone forced her off the road, or someone made it look like an accident...

Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member