AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesnt suprise me. I have always thought if they weren't an Hispanic family the drug cartel speculation wouldnt have entered the equation.

IMO
I am NOT picking on you or any other poster, yours is just the post I am using for reference, because I have seen this comment a few times now. I have had an idea in the back of my mind and haven't said anything about it until now.

I hear a LOT about the inequality in handling missing children's cases and the suggestion that it is racial bias. I work in Baltimore, and Phylicia Barnes disappeared here within days of Hailey Dunn vanishing n Texas. Both were pretty, popular girls with good grades and bright futures. Hailey was 13, where Phylicia was a few years older 16/17). The whole WORLD was talking about Hailey. Billboards were donated, Nancy Grace hosted her mother several times, and I saw ONE billboard for Phylicia. Hailey was white. Phylicia was black.

I think one of the reasons PB did not get the same coverage as HD was that HD's family was a regular 3 ring circus, and because PB was a little older, and more possibly a runaway. But another factor was that PB was visiting Baltimore when she vanished. Her friends and family at home were not close enough to where she vanished to have vigils and searches for her. News coverage in NC was unlikely to yield clues in MD, and the general public in MD did not have a vested interest in finding her, as she was a stranger. In Phylicia's case, despite a lack of publicity, her body was recovered last spring and her killer was recently charged.

Anyway, people keep mentioning the possibility that Isabel was kidnapped by family for profit (Hoax Theory), and that they did not expect this much publicity. I wonder if there could be some truth to that. It IS usually the pretty, white, middle class cheerleader that gets all the publicity. IF there was a plan to conceal Isabel, collect money for a ransom, and quietly pocket the money and "recover" Isa, they might have just assumed a missing Hispanic girl would not get national coverage, and might not even get a lot of local coverage. :moo:

I am NOT picking on you or any other poster, yours is just the post I am using for reference, because I have seen this comment a few times now. I have had an idea in the back of my mind and haven't said anything about it until now.

I hear a LOT about the inequality in handling missing children's cases and the suggestion that it is racial bias. I work in Baltimore, and Phylicia Barnes disappeared here within days of Hailey Dunn vanishing n Texas. Both were pretty, popular girls with good grades and bright futures. Hailey was 13, where Phylicia was a few years older 16/17). The whole WORLD was talking about Hailey. Billboards were donated, Nancy Grace hosted her mother several times, and I saw ONE billboard for Phylicia. Hailey was white. Phylicia was black.

I think one of the reasons PB did not get the same coverage as HD was that HD's family was a regular 3 ring circus, and because PB was a little older, and more possibly a runaway. But another factor was that PB was visiting Baltimore when she vanished. Her friends and family at home were not close enough to where she vanished to have vigils and searches for her. News coverage in NC was unlikely to yield clues in MD, and the general public in MD did not have a vested interest in finding her, as she was a stranger. In Phylicia's case, despite a lack of publicity, her body was recovered last spring and her killer was recently charged.

Anyway, people keep mentioning the possibility that Isabel was kidnapped by family for profit (Hoax Theory), and that they did not expect this much publicity. I wonder if there could be some truth to that. It IS usually the pretty, white, middle class cheerleader that gets all the publicity. IF there was a plan to conceal Isabel, collect money for a ransom, and quietly pocket the money and "recover" Isa, they might have just assumed a missing Hispanic girl would not get national coverage, and might not even get a lot of local coverage. :moo:

BBM - I haven't ruled anything out, so this is in my file of theories. There seemed to be quite a few money raising charity events going on really fast that could relate to this theory. (Not saying they DO, just COULD. It could also be raising money for legit purposes. Not ruling anything out). It is one of the lower possibility theories that I have personally, just because I think if it was a hoax, LE would have figured it out by now - or at least I HOPE so. But like I have said many times, anything is possible in this case. IMO.

But how would they collect ransom money without publicity?

OT, this is kind of ridiculous, but I was telling my husband something tonight about coffee, of all things, why I had to go out at night to Dunkin Donuts to buy coffee grounds, since I am addicted to it, and then finished with "well, it is just my opinion." And worse, I almost just said "JMO."

I actually HAVE said JMO... so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, Clu! And I refer to my husband as DH sometimes! :floorlaugh:

. . . and I have looked for the "Thank You" button when replying to my emails! :blushing:

Can I suggest a MOD link? A quick link.Just a thought

There's a "report post" button at the top right of every post - the little triangle with the exclamation mark in it. If you think what someone is writing is out of line, that's the best way to let the Mods know. Click the button above the post and write a few lines explaining your problem with it.

. . . and I have looked for the "Thank You" button when replying to my emails! :blushing:

Sadly me too,lol.:blushing:

We had out of state relatives visiting last nite and numerous times I almost said "JMO.":blushing:

what´s wrong with that mother?
she seems more concerned/worried about defending her husband as
what Isabel might be suffering????
well..,is it more important to defend your hubby while it is all about Isabel,
her mom doesn´t even know how dangerous the situation might be for her daughter?
I do no believe the abductor took her away from her family just to offer her a better life!
IMO he might be a pedophil,murder,just a sick guy and all what BC is doing is worrying about SC
wow, is it me ? am I wrong?
my little boy was abducted at age 3, this happenned in 1979,Ißven´t ever seen him again,my whole life I´ve been searching him, you get nuts,paranoid,you don´t get a life and I see this mother so calm,no traces in her eyes she can´t sleep, she looks so normal IMO
Heidi, mom of missing Dirk Schiller
sorry for my english :what:

<modsnip>, I haven't noticed anything wrong with your English at all. I read about your son and saw some photos, and he was a beautiful baby. I am so sorry you have waited so long for answers that have never come. You have had more than your share of heartache.

Sadly me too,lol.:blushing:

We had out of state relatives visiting last nite and numerous times I almost said "JMO.":blushing:

I told my daughter about something on TV the other day then said 'I don't have a link' and she said 'I think you meant to say you don't have a clue.'

Well, we knew that LE obtained other search warrants for the neighborhood. I believe this was stated pretty early on... No? It was surmised perhaps the g'parent's home was likely one of those searched.

FWIW, the day Isa was discovered missing MANY homes in the neighborhood were searched. I feel like I need to say IMO or MOO or JMO but this is something I watched happen. I don't think any search warrants were served or even required, but that is something I have no personal knowledge of. My house was not searched (We were questioned only, but would have allowed a search if asked) but my neighbor's house was. They (my neighbors) told me it was completely voluntary. Many if not all of the apartments on the other side of Broadway were searched. All cars, cyclists and pedestrians were stopped going in and out of the neighborhood. There was a MASSIVE LE presence, many different agencies, and quite a few dogs methodically searching both the immediate area and the surrounding area. The helicopters were in the air for hours. So while I can't answer the question of which houses were searched, how many were searched and whether warrants were served, I can tell you from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY that many were. I can honestly say that I've never seen anything like it. It was absolutely terrifying.

But how would they collect ransom money without publicity?

I think she was referring to donation money, not ransom.
But I do see your point. If it's a hoax to generate lots of money from donations, then hoping it wouldn't attract much publicity is kind of defeating the purpose. Without the attention from the public, the donations are going to be slim to none, and dry up pretty quickly.
I'm not aware that there has ever been a ransom demand in this case, but FBI rarely makes that kind of thing public because they don't want the media swarming around. However, I am under the impression that kidnappings for ransom do not usually target middle class working people... it's wealthy families who they go after. Common everyday working folks are not going to be able to come up with thousands and thousands of dollars to meet such a demand. And if a person is only going to ask for a few hundred bucks... why go to all that trouble?

lisa b, edit your post to remove dirk's name before a mod deletes it entirely.

good post btw.

"investigators now confirm child protective services first visited the celis home back in december, though a law enforcement source tells nbc news the incident was minor, and did not involve isabel."

Then, according to that unnamed source, CPS has been involved with more than one of the Celis kids. If this is true, it is another indicator that something was wrong inside the Celis home. :(

I know this idea is far from what we have been batting around, but I have been wracking my brain (what's left, anyway) trying to think of a reason for CPS to have come in December, if that visit did not involve Isabel, may not have even been about their family, did not require that Sergio meet with them, and that is entirely separate from Isabel's disappearance (unless the motive is revenge)...

Becky works in a PEDIATRIC EMERGENCY ROOM. She would, therefore, be a MANDATORY REPORTER of anything she felt was "hinky" in any cases she saw in her capacity as a nurse. Suppose she was suspicious of a situation she encountered at work, but that none of her coworkers seemed to think was a big deal. If (as a mother) she just could not shake the feeling something was wrong, I can TOTALLY SEE why she might wait until she was NOT at the hospital to call and report it, and a CPS officer may have met with her at home, so nobody at work would know who had called, to take a statement about a case involving a PEDIATRIC EMERGENCY ROOM PATIENT and THAT child's family life. JMO

Personally, I don't think this case is as complicated as it's being made out to be.

The facts as we know them from the little LE has released during PC's continue to point towards one theory.

There is no cartel, no JM involvement, imo.

Facts as we know them:

Inconsistent statements by the parents in the 911 call.

2 search warrants at the home.

Re interviews separately at the home. Mom, dad and older brother.

CPS involvement in December.

CPS involvement now (after a child goes missing from the home)

Continued searches locally (sewers/washes and landfills)

LE confirms an abduction took place meaning Isabel did not wander off on her own. She was physically taken out of the home.

Entry/exit points still unclear or not confirmed.

I may be missing some but that's all I can think of for now. To me, it's blatantly clear that the focus remains on the family.

:moo:

Thank you. Awesome post! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any locals here?

how common is it (in that neighborhood) for there to be bars on windows. the c's neighbor to the east has them...the neighbor to the north has them (on the second floor nonetheless). if one were to be associated in any way with drug smuggling or gun running, wouldn't you logically have bars on your windows? maybe a security system with an alarm? dogs that...er...bite, as well as bark?

thoughts?

lisa b, edit your post to remove dirk's name before a mod deletes it entirely.

good post btw.

I don't see his name in my post. It is in his mom's post (and is her screen name) which I quoted. Furthermore, as he is the "victim" in his abduction, I would not have realized using his name was inappropriate, and if he's alive today (I hope he is) is in his 30s and not a minor. Can someone clarify?

Regarding the fund raising money, does anyone know if there is a mandatory trust account for these donations? Or has one been set up? If posted before and I missed it, I apologize

I don't see his name in my post. It is in his mom's post (and is her screen name) which I quoted. Furthermore, as he is the "victim" in his abduction, I would not have realized using his name was inappropriate, and if he's alive today (I hope he is) is in his 30s and not a minor. Can someone clarify?

HUH?

nevermind.

:floorlaugh: I am laughing because I was lost at the Bakery again.
I know, I've been reading and it got confusing concerning JM.

My understanding is JM is the son of Rebecca's sister...making him Becky's nephew and Isa's cousin. The Celiz children call him "Uncle" instead of cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419