AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what SC is guilty or not guilty of but I have to ask.....
Should we cancel LL? Any man who would dare to coach is bad? Really? MOO.

Edited to add: This has me steaming. We automatically assume a coach is bad? Really? I am steaming about this because it just is not right to me. So many men and women give their time to kids because they remember what it was like to have a coach as a kid....

I think people who follow these cases know that when a child goes missing it is most likely due to a parents involvement. They are the most common types of these cases. So when Isabel went missing, obviously there is already automatically suspicion on her parents and learning that a parent coaches a team of children could make some people worry about their free access to more children. No one said "Any man who would dare coach is bad".

I think people who follow these cases know that when a child goes missing it is most likely due to a parents involvement. They are the most common types of these cases. So when Isabel went missing, obviously there is already automatically suspicion on her parents and learning that a parent coaches a team of children could make some people worry about their free access to more children. No one said "Any man who would dare coach is bad".

The poster said....i shivered when I heard he was a baseball coach..(not a quote)
I just took offense.
SC might be guilty as hell....I just am saying don't indict a person for being a coach. It got me riled.
Yes, parents are often involved.
Everything I say are only MOO.

The poster said....i shivered when I heard he was a baseball coach..(not a quote)
I just took offense.
SC might be guilty as hell....I just am saying don't indict a person for being a coach. It got me riled.
Yes, parents are often involved.
Everything I say are only MOO.

This is extremely judgmental and accusatory to the poster. I am sure if SC wasn't somehow involved with this situation no one would give a flying hoot that he was a coach. It is BECAUSE of this case that someone had those feelings of him being a coach, not JUST because he is a coach.

She went on to say: 'He's a great husband, a great father to the boys and to Isabel. At the end of the day when Isabel comes home, everybody's questions will be answered.'

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-contacting-children.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Away: Isabel's father, Sergio, had to watch the event from afar because he was banned from contacting his two sons after Isabel went missing

article-2147037-132FB8CB000005DC-306_470x288.jpg

'Entire family': Sergio's sister, Elena, spoke on his behalf at the walk as she told the crowd to show understanding to all of Isabel's family members

article-2147037-132FB93A000005DC-148_470x288.jpg

Did anyone talk about Isabel and what may have happened to her during this vigil? Any pleas from mom or family members? Did I miss it?

OT, this is kind of ridiculous, but I was telling my husband something tonight about coffee, of all things, why I had to go out at night to Dunkin Donuts to buy coffee grounds, since I am addicted to it, and then finished with "well, it is just my opinion." And worse, I almost just said "JMO."

I actually HAVE said JMO... so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, Clu! And I refer to my husband as DH sometimes! :floorlaugh:

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-contacting-children.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Away: Isabel's father, Sergio, had to watch the event from afar because he was banned from contacting his two sons after Isabel went missing

article-2147037-132FB8CB000005DC-306_470x288.jpg

'Entire family': Sergio's sister, Elena, spoke on his behalf at the walk as she told the crowd to show understanding to all of Isabel's family members

article-2147037-132FB93A000005DC-148_470x288.jpg

Did anyone talk about Isabel and what may have happened to her during this vigil? Any pleas from mom or family members? Did I miss it?

When this first came out that night, I thought SC speaking the way she did was really inappropriate. At first it was just the quote, and I assumed that it was just a one on one with a reporter, which would be fine. But then I saw the video and IMO it was inappropriate.

This is extremely judgmental and accusatory to the poster. I am sure if SC wasn't somehow involved with this situation no one would give a flying hoot that he was a coach. It is BECAUSE of this case that someone had those feelings of him being a coach, not JUST because he is a coach.

I apologize then Lava.
There are tons of thing said about what parents do that are accusatory to me to.
If I am going beyond can a mod let me know because I am not here to argue but to give my opinion.

The chief also said Isabel's parents, Sergio and Becky Celis, have still not been ruled out as suspects.

"We have eliminated some family members as suspects," said Villaseñor, "and we have eliminated a lot of the sex offenders in the area" of the family's home in the 5600 block of East 12th Street.

Detectives continue investigating "external" leads that are away from the family, and "internal" leads - family members or persons known to the family, Villaseñor said in his Monday interview with the Star.

http://azstarnet.com/mobi/latest/article_910228ae-c75d-52bd-b1d0-10f3ea7b14ee.html

Can I suggest a MOD link? A quick link.Just a thought

I don't think I said that. Ido get what you are saying though.

To the locals? Are there still billboards up? If so, where? TIA

I didn't mean it that way but thought they were being accusatory.
I was asking a question and I thought that it was over the top.
I will stop commenting.

I didn't mean it that way but thought they were being accusatory.
I was asking a question and I thought that it was over the top.
I will stop commenting.

You don't need to stop commenting. But it is unfair to the poster that you quoted when you make statements that insinuate they were judging SC for being a coach, when it has more to do with the facts of this case AND being a coach. This has everything to do with SC, not little league coaches in general.

Nothing against Little League coaches but given a choice, I would rather not have my kids coached by someone who has a child missing and has been forbidden to contact his own children and I've no idea why this is so. It is very sad if he is a good coach and innocent of whatever has happened but better safe than sorry if it's my kids he's dealing with, IMO.

Just as an FYI....o/t sorta but bringing this up because some folks are still exploring the FF connection.

In the Tori Stafford case, many believed that drug debts and gang affiliations (Bandidos)Bandidos Motorcycle Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
by Tori's mom and her boyfriend were connected to her case.

None of it was true but people even to this day, even after a murderous duo were convicted of 1st degree murder, some people still believe there is a connection. Nothing throughout the trial pointed towards this theory at all.

Tori's mom and her boyfriend were/are innocent. Tori was murdered by 2 strangers who abducted her on her way home from school. Kidnapped, raped and murdered and her body buried underneath big piles of boulders. (some rocks as heavy as 126 lbs.). She was taken and driven 2 hours away from home.

Nothing against Little League coaches but given a choice, I would rather not have my kids coached by someone who has a child missing and has been forbidden to contact his own children and I've no idea why this is so. It is very sad if he is a good coach and innocent of whatever has happened but better safe than sorry if it's my kids he's dealing with, IMO.

I hope they questioned those kids....just sayin...

Can I suggest a MOD link? A quick link.Just a thought

If you are concerned about a post you can hit the alert button which will bring it to a moderators attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub