LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone posted links to the pictures on the MSM links/timeline thread (see first post for link) along with ID of where they were taken and any other important information about them, everyone would be very grateful,.

First, I'm hoping that a local can help us. Where is this camera view taken? Which street? This is the only one that I wasn't able to remember.

The camera is located on the Mid South Bank at the corner of Versailles and St. John.

I have thought for a while that the phone explanation from LE made little sense. It may be the type of phone that doesn't ping when turned off, but when did it turn off? And where? There appears to be a cell phone tower on Landry, right behind the LCG building (this is from google map, please locals correct me if this is wrong). If she went missing at or around this point (I have my doubts) and the perp or the accident turned her phone off, they should be able to track when and where her phone turned off (approximately, if the phone is not equipped with gps, it won't be exact bc it will be triangulation between towers).

Saying that she has the "type of phone that doesn't ping after it's shut off" sounds like good info, but really it's vague and not informative at all. I really, really think LE has specific info regarding the phone.

One other thing - I think it is unlikely that her phone's battery died naturally. I do believe it was purposely turned off or damaged in the incident. This is based on two pieces of info: 1) When Brettly's phone died in the middle of a conversation with a friend, that friend called Mickey's phone. If her phone were about to die too, I think she would have mentioned this. Something along the lines of, "yeah, sorry the call wasn't dropped, his phone died. Mine's about to die too..." and 2) her sister was very clear about the fact that they shared the same type of phone and the phone has a long battery life.

I'm perplexed by the phone thing. Why would she turn it off? Where was the last place the signal was picked up? It makes no sense that she would turn it off completely. I can't think of a reason - and I distinctly remember the sister mentioning battery life, too.

First, I'm hoping that a local can help us. Where is this camera view taken? Which street? This is the only one that I wasn't able to remember.

Sharonuk

A map and timeline if you are still confused by the trucks http://goo.gl/maps/uE3D you can zoom in, switch to satellite view if you like.

I found this map helpful

Concerning the "Floating Bike Theory"

I did some research. The Schwinn Cutter bicycle weighs about 27 pounds. This is considered to be a heavy bike by bike enthusiasts. One review of the bike described it as a tank. The recovered bicycle was said to have a damaged rear rim, so we could assume the tire was flat as well. Could a single tire keep a 27 pound bike afloat?

This calls for an experiment or someone with knowledge of bouyancy.

I'm perplexed by the phone thing. Why would she turn it off? Where was the last place the signal was picked up? It makes no sense that she would turn it off completely. I can't think of a reason - and I distinctly remember the sister mentioning battery life, too.

If the phone struck the ground, opened and the battery popped out (as mine has done several times), would that make it appear as if it were turned off?

this is new info to me, about white paint on the bike...

this says hit with a door or the side of a vehicle and could show intent...

even a painted bumper hitting a bike from the rear hard enough to cause "some" damage but not "major" damage would be unlikely to leave paint (hitting first a tire)...

do we know if the bike had been run over (this should be easy)

is my logic sound?

At this point the paint transfer is just a rumour according to A.C.I.

If the truck is a 2007 Silverado crew cab, they tend to have body colour fenders below each headlight.

If the truck side swiped Mickey, the pedal of her bike could have gouged the paint on the fender and/or the side of the truck for example.

Just one scenario of what could have happened. Without more info from LE, we're stuck.

Ok, Now all I need to do is to get this all written down, the pictures uploaded in order and I'll explain the sequence so that we can put this to rest lol. Hope I'm right, and if not, you all can let me know. BRB

If the phone struck the ground, opened and the battery popped out (as mine has done several times), would that make it appear as if it were turned off?

I think so. But wouldn't they have a time when the signal stopped?

It makes sense to me to turn it off when noticing that the battery is low. I've done that to preserve the battery for use of the phone. It may have been "forget it, I'm almost home". :(

Too bad that bikes don't have a cigarette lighter or auxiallary plug-in port (and battery) to plug in the cell phone. :(

Maybe I just can't think like a criminal, but even if I hit someone while I was sober, I don't believe turning the phone off would be something I would think about. If it rang, maybe I would do it then. But so far they've only said it was OFF when her mom, sister, and friends tried to call her. That's just another :waitasec: thing that's bothering me. Drunk people (especially drunk people that hit things with their vehicles) don't seem like the type that would be able to cover the "basics" like turning the cell phone off and gathering up evidence. I think that's why I'm not sold on that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member