LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also because so many people are now questioning him and his motives as well as insinuating and spreading various unpleasant rumors about him. People should cut him some slack...

I totally agree don't just cut him some slack give him the whole rope!

People not believing him and calling him out, laughing about it etc. when he was only trying to let everyone know that the case was about to be break.

IMO no one should belittle anyone just because they don't believe what they believe as has been done here as well. It has been done over and over again and even after being warned those type of comments are still being made.

Thanks to him as well as the car salesman BRANDON SCOTT LAVERGNE is now locked up!

Just read elsewhere the truck supposedly was found near Coldspring,TX close to Lake Livingston.

Makes me wonder if he disposed of evidence in the lake.

Good thought! I am not sure if they release records or info. I do think that if you go there you have to join the service so its a good possibility.

And the way facts get distorted, he may have gone there and it got spread around he was at Central State.

If you attend Youth Challenge there is NO military commitment.

If anyone knows. When did BSL's first trailer burn down? Was that before or after he went ot jail? I was wondering how long this has been going on for him. Thanks

Although I salute the HLN Nancy Grace Show for the airing of the Mickey Schunick abduction tragedy, and increasing awareness. Sure wish they would do their homework first...

Imo, Nancy Grace, as well as her expert pundits, should have to read the brazillian prior threads/comments before doing another show on Mickey Schunick's abduction. Many of the answers to her questions have already been answered here...

Mr. Schunick is very perceptive in his belief that BSL had assistance in the burning of the truck in TX, imo..

Lavergne has the right to a preliminary examination in which his attorney can subpoena witnesses and compel the prosecution to produce witnesses to show probable cause to sustain the charges, said Kevin Stockstill, a Lafayette attorney who has worked on several murder cases..

If the judge finds insufficient evidence, he could release Lavergne on bond, he said. But if the district attorney takes the case to a grand jury on July 18, Lavergne may not get that preliminary examination before indictments are issued .

"I'd be shocked if they don't present it to the grand jury, if they have their case together," Stockstill said last week.

According to Harson, the case will be heard at 3 p.m.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120710/NEWS01/120710011

If you attend Youth Challenge there is NO military commitment.

Do you know if Youth Challenge encourages enlisting?

If anyone knows. When did BSL's first trailer burn down? Was that before or after he went ot jail? I was wondering how long this has been going on for him. Thanks

It was after, I think because he was in the army in the late 1990s. Then in jail from 2000-2008.

Although I salute the HLN Nancy Grace Show for the airing of the Mickey Schunick abduction tragedy, and increasing awareness. Sure wish they would do their homework first...

Imo, Nancy Grace, as well as her expert pundits, should have to read the brazillian prior threads/comments before doing another show on Mickey Schunick's abduction. Many of the answers to her questions have already been answered here...

Mr. Schunick is very perceptive in his belief that BSL had assistance in the burning of the truck in TX, imo..

You're right on the homework. NG made it sound like BSL never had to check in with LE when his tier 3 status means he had to check in for life.

I don't believe he had any help in burning the truck, or in any part of his crimes. I think he is a lone ranger.

Mr. Shunick is counting on him having had help as he said that would give hope that someone else knows where Mickey is.

This guy may have used some people afterward who "helped" him unknowingly, but I don't think anyone helped him destroy evidence, etc...LE doesn't appear to think so, either. I hope I am wrong, as if two are involved, always a better chance one will talk.

I don't believe he had any help in burning the truck, or in any part of his crimes. I think he is a lone ranger.

Mr. Shunick is counting on him having had help as he said that would give hope that someone else knows where Mickey is.

This guy may have used some people afterward who "helped" him unknowingly, but I don't think anyone helped him destroy evidence, etc...LE doesn't appear to think so, either. I hope I am wrong, as if two are involved, always a better chance one will talk.

I agree. Mr. Shunick doesn't seem to know that BSL rented a car.

kinda 0t,
why do some cases go before the grand jury, but not all? This case might go in front of the gj to find if there is enough evidense to go to trial. What about Sierra Lamar's abduction. They are both charged with murder and kidnapping, wonder why nothing has been said about a grand jury for that case?

btw, I usually watch ng especially when she has a missing person case going on (most every night sad to say). I just wonder how the guests don't just hang up the phone on her, or just get up and leave when she turns into the "holier than thou" witch. Where everyone else is stupid except for those that agree with her. (hope she never gets a chance to be a judge!)

Just read elsewhere the truck supposedly was found near Coldspring,TX close to Lake Livingston.

Makes me wonder if he disposed of evidence in the lake.

Sorry if you can't open the website here. Having a problem linking.

http://www.firedepartments.net/county/TX/SanJacintoCounty.html

It lists the fire departments/stations in San Jacinto County. There are only FOUR, all are VOLUNTEER and located in or near very small towns. This may partly explain why we're having trouble getting details and location for the truck fire.

Also, after the 2011 forest fires in this part of the state, I would think that residents and visitors would be hyperactive in their reporting of possible fires. I think it's likely the fire departments and LE were called out while the truck was still burning.

Do you know if Youth Challenge encourages enlisting? It was after, I think because he was in the army in the kaye 1990s. Then in jail from 2000-2008. You're right on the homework. NG made it sound like BSL never had to check in with LE when his tier 3 status means he had to check in for life.
So since he's been out in 2008- he burned his trailer down, then burned his dad's house dowen, then burned his truck? All since 2008? Is that what I undertstood? Wow

kinda 0t,
why do some cases go before the grand jury, but not all? This case might go in front of the gj to find if there is enough evidense to go to trial. What about Sierra Lamar's abduction. They are both charged with murder and kidnapping, wonder why nothing has been said about a grand jury for that case?

btw, I usually watch ng especially when she has a missing person case going on (most every night sad to say). I just wonder how the guests don't just hang up the phone on her, or just get up and leave when she turns into the "holier than thou" witch. Where everyone else is stupid except for those that agree with her. (hope she never gets a chance to be a judge!)

I found this link very informative on this... here is a snip:

After a person is arrested for a crime in Louisiana, they will have criminal charges filed against them in either a Grand Jury Indictment or a Bill of Information. These documents list the allegations against the defendant and then lay a foundation for the charges. The primary purpose is to notify the defendant of the criminal charge and the evidence against them so that they can start preparing a defense.

Though the documents are similar, there is a big difference between a grand jury indictment and a bill of information. A grand jury indictment means that you will go to trial on that particular charge — you will not be able to have a charge reduced or dismissed by a pre trial motion. In most cases, a grand jury indictment is for more serious felony charges. With a bill of information, however, there is an opportunity to request a reduction of charges if there does not appear to be enough evidence to support the charge.

much more at link

http://thomasvalonzo.com/blog/2011/08/how-criminal-charges-are-filed-in-louisiana/

I found this link very informative on this... here is a snip:

much more at link

http://thomasvalonzo.com/blog/2011/08/how-criminal-charges-are-filed-in-louisiana/

So I am thinking it would depend on what state you are being charged in if your case goes to the Grand Jury. If you are indicted you can't deal with da w/sentencing. (no plea bargaining )

In CA where the guy is being charged (as of right now we know of no grand jury hearing) he can plea bargain.

Thanks

http://www.justice.gov/usao/law/faq/usao_wdla_faq.pdf

this legal LA faq link also says that most felonies are charged by indictment

eta: it further states that arraignment will happen after indictment (where he can enter a plea)

and another eta: says that law states the defendant must have trial within 70 days of indictment unless there are motions to be heard, etc

I was the one who interviewed the guards.

The guards at the closed hospital (OLOL) have been having problems because lots of random people have been trespassing there since it closed - and Lourdes will only pay for one guard to patrol the whole big campus - inside and out. What has developed is a free-for-all situation 24/7 where there are always trespassers - homeless people digging through dumpsters - bikers and skateboarders - people hanging out and doing graffiti - breaking into the buildings... etc. Lourdes also refuses to let the guards carry guns although they have licenses.

In particular, there have been repeated break-ins at the old orphanage at the SW corner of St. Landry and St. Mary. The guards would nail the windows shut and trespassers would pry them back open. One guard, a couple weeks after Mickey disappeared, found the front door broken open, and looked through a window and saw a naked man sleeping on a piece of cardboard... police were called to take him away.

There are two old nuns still living in the middle of the hospital campus in an apartment... and their cars have been vandalized. Really creepy how the nuns live in the middle of an abandoned, free-roam zone.

I don't think the guard warned Mickey due to any specific threat. It was more a general warning that "hey, it's late... you shouldn't be out by yourself," given to a cute, small girl. Given the nature of the petty problems at the hospital, Mickey's likely speed, and the distance of the street from the hospital, I didn't get the idea that she was at risk from any perp on foot from the hospital property.

ETA: And I can see where people's thinking may be going. I've said this repeatedly: LE searched the hospital grounds very early on - very thoroughly - inside and out, including using dogs, the guards said, including checking crawl spaces, etc. They said the search was intensive.

Thanks for the info chicken. I didn't know there was an old orphanage there. This info just perked me up after hearing that he was adopted..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa