LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had always thought Mickey was taken by two or more thugs riding around at night...
While of course possible it was just a lone cretin driving around, typically two or more drive around late at night taking, killing time, looking for whatever....
Perhaps I biased this way because I followed Dana Ireland's case.
http://karisable.com/crdanai.htm

The reason I believe this guy operates alone is partly because he is still appealing his other case, denied that he did anything wrong and only pled out to get a shorter sentence and because of his "good behavior" in prison, all of which makes be think he is a sociopath who wants people to think he is charming, etc...and wouldn't be the type to work in pairs or gangs when committing crimes. Not really saying this very well, but I know what I mean, lol.

I had always thought Mickey was taken by two or more thugs riding around at night...
While of course possible it was just a lone cretin driving around, typically two or more drive around late at night taking, killing time, looking for whatever....
Perhaps I biased this way because I followed Dana Ireland's case.
http://karisable.com/crdanai.htm

Yep Old Steve, it can't be dismissed, that's for sure. Wouldn't be the first, or last time that two or more teamed up.

Since the beginning of time, within every culture, in every society, there have been those who are incapable of adapting and blending within the boundaries of their communal environment. Driven by a force that is incomprehensible to the peers upon which they prey, they feed on the terror and panic their crimes leave in the heart of the community. Unable to control their carnal desires for more than just brief moments, they reside in the dark recesses of the mind, opportunistically seizing victims to compensate for shortcomings they themselves are unable to overcome. Behind false smiles, it is truly then that the eyes become the window to the soul, or in some cases, the lack thereof.

In most instances, the serial killer acts alone, extracting pleasure from the anonymity that he presents. However, in rare cases, these predators find in each other a kindred mind, linking up to work together, proving the old adage of water seeking its own level, even for heinous reasons. Whether the union is long-term, or short-lived, these serial killing partners present a unique problem for law enforcement officers trying to solve crimes.
Tyrra Meserve

Not even holding somewhere...but just someone else to know where he put her body...I think that is part of their hope, even if they cannot say it. If only he knows...:(

Agree. I think in the days to come they will move on to realizing this will be a recovery and not a rescue. Based on my sad belief Mickey is no longer with us. If i were her Parents i would hang on until i was told something concrete was found. Their only hope is somebody else has her. Just jumping off your post.

Do you know if Youth Challenge encourages enlisting?

It was after, I think because he was in the army in the late 1990s. Then in jail from 2000-2008.

You're right on the homework. NG made it sound like BSL never had to check in with LE when his tier 3 status means he had to check in for life.

Recruiters from each banch of the Military usually give a presentation just letting the cadets know the requirements and that the option is out there for them. Just as a recruiter going to speak to a class of High Schools seniors. Mostly informational.

Just want to say i'm glad to see the forum back to being productive and full of new info and articles today. Thanks guys and mods for keeping it this way! You guys rock!

Now where could our mickey be?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not 100% sure about any of it but it seems like this would have been the only time, besides his high school years that he could have done this.
Also, I'm pretty sure I read that he and his dad may have lived together at one point so maybe that's why his dad's place and his are both listed even though it may have only been one residence. As I said, I'm not sure.

A relative of mine went to school with BSL and when we were talking about it, she said that he even burned down his parents house and nothing was done about it. In the context in which she said it, it left me with the impression that he was a juvenile when this happened.

TEARS reading this article

a big ball of sunshine
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120708/NEWS01/207080340

it confirms that she wanted to finish school at UNO in NOLA just to try out a different city. my guess is that she was ready for a different crowd. she knew everyone in laffy and wanted to try out NOLA. i think that a platonic roomy is perfect for NOLA. so sad that she didn't get this chance. i picture her exploring Magazine street and hanging out there trying out the different restaurants and having stimulating convos with all the different types of people and artists that you'll run into on Magazine. i picture Charlie visiting her to go shopping at the boutiques there since Charlie is into fashion. BSL robbed her of this chance and it is so tragic.

Yes, reading this article made my heart hurt. She had everything going for her and so much to look forward to in life. I remember being 21, the excitement, the possibilities. Just cannot quit caring about Mickey though I never met her and live so far away. Could just sense she has such a sweet spirit.

San Jacinto County, Tx. is one of those tiny Texas counties with only 25,000 inhabitants. Cold Springs is the county seat with less than a thousand. Most of the rest live in small hamlets or in rural areas. Most of the county is either rangeland or forest. Much of the county is in the Sam Houston National Forest. The county's northern border is Lake Livingston.

While I have never been there, it is my guess that there is not much in the way of public transportation there. If someone were to enter the county and take a vehicle to a remote area and set it on fire, it would be very difficult to get out of there unnoticed. The most likely means would be for arrangements to be made for someone with a second vehicle to give them a ride.

Assuming that BSL drove out to San Jacinto County and torched his truck where it wasn't found for five days, it is extremely likely that he had someone accompany him in another vehicle. That person probably knew nothing about any murder but must have known that Insurance fraud was going on.

I'm willing to bet that a local DA could bring serious "Aiding and Abetting" Insurance Fraud Charges against this person but would probably be inclined to drop any charges if that person were able and willing to give significant evidence in a Capital Murder Investigation.

San Jacinto County, Tx. is one of those tiny Texas counties with only 25,000 inhabitants. Cold Springs is the county seat with less than a thousand. Most of the rest live in small hamlets or in rural areas. Most of the county is either rangeland or forest. Much of the county is in the Sam Houston National Forest. The county's northern border is Lake Livingston.

While I have never been there, it is my guess that there is not much in the way of public transportation there. If someone were to enter the county and take a vehicle to a remote area and set it on fire, it would be very difficult to get out of there unnoticed. The most likely means would be for arrangements to be made for someone with a second vehicle to give them a ride.

Assuming that BSL drove out to San Jacinto County and torched his truck where it wasn't found for five days, it is extremely likely that he had someone accompany him in another vehicle. That person probably knew nothing about any murder but must have known that Insurance fraud was going on.

I'm willing to bet that a local DA could bring serious "Aiding and Abetting" Insurance Fraud Charges against this person but would probably be inclined to drop any charges if that person were able and willing to give significant evidence in a Capital Murder Investigation.

It is possible that he had someone in on the "fraud" aspect, someone who thought it was only about money.

Or he could have been picked up by stranger and given a ride into town.

Hoping LE knows how he got to rental agency, etc.

So since he's been out in 2008- he burned his trailer down, then burned his dad's house dowen, then burned his truck? All since 2008? Is that what I undertstood? Wow

And you know this as a fact? Can you please supply links to validate that BSL burned down his trailer as well as his Dads home?

Was he arrested and charged for these crimes? What sentencing did he receive?

Seeing all the speculation on how he got from burn site to car rental place, can someone put this into actual miles?

What about a bike/etc in back of pick-up?

Makes one wonder if BL might have hired a volunteer arsonist to assist in the truck disposal.

Seeing all the speculation on how he got from burn site to car rental place, can someone put this into actual miles?

What about a bike/etc in back of pick-up?

There was a poster that made a note that it was a bit over 50 miles from San Jacinto to Spring, TX.

I've even thought it was strange that the insurance investigation for his "stolen truck" didn't collide with the police investigation. I'm thinking the police told his insurance just to give him another truck so they could keep surveiling him. It seems like the insurance company would've suspected fraud.

I'm thrilled to see the July 18 court date. I'm hopeful that means LE now has undeniable solid evidence in their post-arrest investigations.

Exactly. Himself as well. He said when he made that first post he really hadnt madr any connection yet and was just asking for advice about this situation she was in. So he really wasnt prepared for what followed. And if public scrutiny isnt something you're used to or prepared for, it can be overwhelming. Now I think they're just trying to lay low and keep to themselves. He's already done his part for this case

I feel bad for him because he didn't know at first, he was truly concerned about his sil. The bad part is that once this all went down, he now wants to basically erase all that and some will not let it. Reporters bothering him and stuff....I did a google search of his screen name and he has a very large footprint and worry about some nut job out there. Reporters hounding him and stuff. I gave him a heads up but no way he can erase that footprint. MOO

I wish him the best, and he did great, just wish once he knew that he posted a white lie so everyone wouldn't have caught on then he would have been safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod