LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am way behind, but have we considered the possibility he boarded a bus? I think you can purchase a Greyhound ticket with cash? Plus, you can be very anonymous at the bus station. Also, buses typically stop in smaller towns. IDK - just a thought.

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

Crowley hairdresser: Lavergne had ‘knife’ wound on neck

Written by Leslie Turk **
Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brandon Scott Lavergne’s last hair appointment with Holly Bourriague was June 20, one month after 21-year-old Mickey Shunick went missing. The stylist noticed a cut on his neck that she says appeared to be a knife wound.

This mugshot from the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center shows what appears to be
a scar healing on Lavergne's lower right neck.
<modsnip>.&#8221;

So he was making dates with other women, all while his girlfriend's family was trying to talk her out of being with him?

And he was gone from June 21st or so, according to this?

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

BBM
The Independent interviewed Bourriague Monday by phone, her voice cracking several times as she related Lavergne&#8217;s last visit to her salon on June 20 and the plans the two made for what would have been their first date when he returned from his offshore job. Bourriague says Lavergne was not a regular customer. Over the past three years she estimates she cut his hair five times.
He has supposedly a GF and then he makes plans with this girl, he kidnapped ms, Oh I say this behavior tells me there are a lot of other girls out there.

Like the stylist, I believe there are going to be many other people coming out of the woodwork with information. Some telling stories just for attention, but some hopefully with useful details. LE and Abdella are getting new tips in, things people "knew" but didn't "know" was important or relevant to this case, until he was named as the suspect.

I am way behind, but have we considered the possibility he boarded a bus? I think you can purchase a Greyhound ticket with cash? Plus, you can be very anonymous at the bus station. Also, buses typically stop in smaller towns. IDK - just a thought.

We were, until we heard that it appears he rented a car. Or do you mean to get to Spring to get the car?

Justwannahelp:

Thanks for picking that up! You are correct. Mickey was wearing jeans and not shorts. I have seen the pic of her in shorts so many times it actually slipped my mind.

I was just using that as an example how BSL could be rationalizing and justifying his actions in his mind. Sadly, I have even heard older people making irritional comments along those lines as well.

So he was making dates with other women, all while his girlfriend's family was trying to talk her out of being with him?

That certainly jibes with the "about the last two weeks" Chief Craft comment. Hmm.

According to his hairdresser he was calling her and making date plans. The gf and hd are so lucky the gf's family intervened.

Crowley hairdresser: Lavergne had &#8216;knife&#8217; wound on neck

Written by Leslie Turk **
Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brandon Scott Lavergne&#8217;s last hair appointment with Holly Bourriague was June 20, one month after 21-year-old Mickey Shunick went missing. The stylist noticed a cut on his neck that she says appeared to be a knife wound.

This mugshot from the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center shows what appears to be
a scar healing on Lavergne's lower right neck.
<modsnip>

Betrothed to one and cozying up to another, both probably counting their lucky stars they&#8217;re alive!

So it appears that he was offshore (not working on land rigs) departing from Venice, LA from June 21st to July 4th or 5th.

I personally think there is more than one involved based solely on the history of certain members of his family. Just my opinion

If anyone knows. When did BSL's first trailer burn down? Was that before or after he went ot jail? I was wondering how long this has been going on for him. Thanks

So since he's been out in 2008- he burned his trailer down, then burned his dad's house dowen, then burned his truck? All since 2008? Is that what I undertstood? Wow

I'm not 100% sure about any of it but it seems like this would have been the only time, besides his high school years that he could have done this.
Also, I'm pretty sure I read that he and his dad may have lived together at one point so maybe that's why his dad's place and his are both listed even though it may have only been one residence. As I said, I'm not sure.

And you know this as a fact? Can you please supply links to validate that BSL burned down his trailer as well as his Dads home?

Was he arrested and charged for these crimes? What sentencing did he receive?

This article says the home burned down last year... it doesn't state that BSL was investigated, but that BSL had questioned a neighbor and talked to the fire marshal ... BSL asked the woman if she had seen anything...

"At first, Lavergne lived in a house at the corner of Elaine Lane and Leslie Road where his father had lived, neighbors said."

"The house burned down about a year ago, said neighbor R.G. Harrison, and was later replaced with a mobile home."

http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom

It sounds to me and I'm only speculating here that he needed a trigger to get him going on his crimes with woman. So maybe he makes dates with woman, hoping they either shun him, break up with him, or put him down, something like that triggers him. I'm wondering right before MS was snatched, what went on with the GF and Him? I bet there is a big trigger there.

How does a sicko determine whether a girl is gf/dating material and spared from immediate harm, as opposed to a girl he just randomly chooses to victimize?

He had the girlfriend way back in 1999--she was "gf" material and he didn't kill her as far as we know. But he met her cousin, and decided she was "victim" material.

He had his wife...they were divorced in 2000, and he DID abuse her and maybe eventually would have killed her if given the chance. But conveniently for her, he got locked away for 8 years, allowing her a chance to escape and start a new life.

He gets out...has some girlfriends whom he does not abuse (the one I found on FB as well as the most current one, whom, I'm only assuming he did not abuse since she was defending him to her family)...but possibly has some victims as well.

What goes through his mind in deciding which ones to "keep" and which ones not to....?

How does a sicko determine whether a girl is gf/dating material and spared from immediate harm, as opposed to a girl he just randomly chooses to victimize?

He had the girlfriend way back in 1999--she was "gf" material and he didn't kill her as far as we know. But he met her cousin, and decided she was "victim" material.

He had his wife...they were divorced in 2000, and he DID abuse her and maybe eventually would have killed her if given the chance. But conveniently for her, he got locked away for 8 years, allowing her a chance to escape and start a new life.

He gets out...has some girlfriends whom he does not abuse (the one I found on FB as well as the most current one, whom, I'm only assuming he did not abuse since she was defending him to her family)...but possibly has some victims as well.

What goes through his mind in deciding which ones to "keep" and which ones not to....?

a phrase, looks, I'm thinking it is a little of both. Perhaps some girl in High School who belittled him, there must be a word and looks to it.

Why did he keep the rental car for as long as he did? With all the pics of the other cars in his yard..why wouldn't he turn the rental back when he got back to La? I sure hope that rental car had a gps that LE can track where he drove that car. I mentioned this before..but no one would have been looking for a red rental car and he might have gone back to where he left Mickey to check things out. Just my opinion.

I am wondering if it was the same BL that has been arrested in this case, that rented the red Chevrolet Aveo. Here is why:

When you get a rental through your insurance, they put you in something that is similar to what you are already driving. He had a truck, so the minimum that his insurance would have put him in is a Mid Size car, like a Malibu.

Another reason that I have some doubt that it was the BL that was arrested, that rented the Aveo is because there are multiple persons with the name Brandon Lavergne, living in the greater Houston area. We have already seen some confusion in identifying someone else as BL, that has the same name.

JMO, of course.

I have often wondered if it was the same BL as well since it seems to be such a common name. And it makes no sense why he would burn his turn on the 31st, you'd think he'd want to file a stolen truck report and burn his truck as soon as possible to MS's disappearance so he could say well it wasn't me, I told ya it was stolen! Maybe the 31st was just the day it was found and it just happened to be another BL that just happened to rent a car near by?? Especially since he kept the car for so long, when he obviously didn't need to with all the other vehicles he has (if they are running). Who knows?? Maybe the poster can post for sure saying if his drivers license and address is also listed with the rented car info to be certain that it is the correct BL and not just the name?

Only a guess, but it could be something as trivial as hair color. Someone posted that his former girlfriend had dark hair but otherwise looked like Mickey. Maybe he saw blonde women as "hard to get" and therefore took them by force. Wonder what the hairdresser's hair color is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenefa82