LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

Crowley hairdresser: Lavergne had ‘knife’ wound on neck

Written by Leslie Turk **
Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brandon Scott Lavergne’s last hair appointment with Holly Bourriague was June 20, one month after 21-year-old Mickey Shunick went missing. The stylist noticed a cut on his neck that she says appeared to be a knife wound.

This is interesting to read, but I'm wondering if too many articles come out like this if BSL's lawyer will argue that BSL can't expect to receive a fair trial in Lafayette and request a change of venue.

I don't know why the quote feature doesn't always seem to work but...

in regards to BSL making a date while he has a GF/is engaged, etc.... this woman said he asked her out on June 20th.

I still speculate that his GF/fiance told him prior to 5/19 that her family was upset when they found out about his RSO status and maybe she told him they thought they shouldn't be seeing each other. The following weekend pics were released and they realized he was possibly involved with Mickeys disappearance and the GF/fiance ended the relationship.

By June 20th he's on the rebound, looking for a new woman in his life.

I was watching NG last night and she was very convinced that Mickey could still be alive. I'm sure partly because Mickey's father was a guest on her show. So if the media like Ng and Mickey's family is believing she could be alive..can the grand jury still say yes to a trial of murder? Without a body can they charge him with kidnapping and give him bond? And take the murder charge off?

June 20th was a Wednesday. Does that still fit for Wednesday shift changes? Venice is a 5 hour drive?

Why did he keep the rental car for as long as he did? With all the pics of the other cars in his yard..why wouldn't he turn the rental back when he got back to La? I sure hope that rental car had a gps that LE can track where he drove that car. I mentioned this before..but no one would have been looking for a red rental car and he might have gone back to where he left Mickey to check things out. Just my opinion.

The cars in his yard were reported to have been not in working condition for some time BUT, we know that he has mechanical experience. It's possible he could have been using one or some of those vehicles and then made them appear to be broken down. Of course, the neighbors would notice if he was driving them.

And yeah, that's why I was saying yesterday it's not fair that RSO's can just rent a car when they want to, and drive around in something other than the vehicle listed on the registry. LE, to my knowledge, has not released anything saying he was driving around in a red Chevy Aveo from such and such date to such and such date. If that car had been parked somewhere, and someone saw it, they probably have no idea it was BSL in it, b/c everyone thinks he had to have been in a white Chevy Z71.

oh em gee from that link!

Can you imagine?

'Imo, this testimony by his hairdresser; BSL's more fortunate victim, is verifying his chamelean like abilities; his other self'.."I'm sure that now he has been identified/arrested, there will be many more testimonies shared"..

I said, ‘Well, what’s his name?’ And he said ‘Brandon.’ And I’m just making a joke out of it cause I was waiting for Brandon to call me when he got back from work and said, “Huh, it better not be Brandon Lavergne.’ He turns, he looks at me, he said, ‘Brandon Scott Lavergne?’ and shows me his picture. I dropped my scissors, I dropped everything I had in my hand and ran outside. I was shaking so bad. I still cannot believe it, I’m still in shock.”

“I didn’t know he was a sex offender,” Bourriague says. “I didn’t know any of that. I’m most shook up that he sat in my chair. He hugged me before he left the shop. That could have been me. I cannot even sleep at night.

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

Is anyone planning to be present in the courthouse on the 18th? Will that even be allowed? I am seeing people on FB talking about going. Would it be open to the public?

Louisiana

Article 434 of the Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure states: “Members of the grand jury, all other persons present at a grand jury meeting, and all persons having confidential access to information concerning grand jury proceedings, shall keep secret the testimony of witnesses and all other matters occurring at, or directly connected with, a meeting of the grand jury.”

In Louisiana, Grand Juries are always done in private and the public is not allowed.

Betrothed to one and cozying up to another, both probably counting their lucky stars they’re alive!

So it appears that he was offshore (not working on land rigs) departing from Venice, LA from June 21st to July 4th or 5th.

I wonder of his whereabouts on June 10th?! Being offshore, would he stay somewhere as far as FL?!

"It was believed Hawkins may have been riding a blue-green cruiser type bicycle when she disappeared. "

The found the woman's body, but her bike is still missing
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-found-on-Emerson-identified-as-missing-woman

I have often wondered if it was the same BL as well since it seems to be such a common name. And it makes no sense why he would burn his turn on the 31st, you'd think he'd want to file a stolen truck report and burn his truck as soon as possible to MS's disappearance so he could say well it wasn't me, I told ya it was stolen! Maybe the 31st was just the day it was found and it just happened to be another BL that just happened to rent a car near by?? Especially since he kept the car for so long, when he obviously didn't need to with all the other vehicles he has (if they are running). Who knows?? Maybe the poster can post for sure saying if his drivers license and address is also listed with the rented car info to be certain that it is the correct BL and not just the name?

When you go to rent a car you have to have a lot of ID -- you are driving off wih someone's 20 or 30,000 vehicle. That means at least major credit card and picture driver's license. Even though there are different names, I think it was the right person.

Re: article about the house burning down.

Thanks for the article link.

However an article stating his house burned down is not the same as an article saying he was arrested for burning down his trailer and burning down his house.

As another poster stated, maybe a neighbor who didn't like the idea that he was an RSO set it on fire, or one of those reportedly unfriendly schoolmates of his did it, or even a relative of the '99 incident (one even drives a white Z71). Unless someone has proof he was arrested and convicted, then people are just speculating. I don't mind people doing that at all, but they should post it as such, not as a fact that is true.

Is anyone planning to be present in the courthouse on the 18th? Will that even be allowed? I am seeing people on FB talking about going. Would it be open to the public?

I served on a grand jury in LA several years ago and it was behind closed doors. Also, the jury was picked at random. No questionaires, no interviews, etc. The format is that the DA gives the jurors the details of the case. Witnesses, including LE are brought in, but for the prosecution only. No defense witnesses.

We would meet once a month and hear numerous cases each time. It was our job to vote for a true bill or no true bill. A true bill meant that there was enough evidence for the case to go to trial.

Yes cluciano63, I understand the Schunick family holding out hope, as does Marc Klaas, and the many other members of the involuntary fraternity of the missing/murdered.
Mr Schunick asked the $60,000.00 question, 'how did BSL get to the car rental company'? Unless the rental company picked him up. The only possible scenarios that I can come up with requires the help of others.

I don't know about this area, but if it was Enterprise here the slogan is "we will pick you up". So do we know what rental car company?

the article says he has braces on his teeth right now... well that's interesting.

Only a guess, but it could be something as trivial as hair color. Someone posted that his former girlfriend had dark hair but otherwise looked like Mickey. Maybe he saw blonde women as "hard to get" and therefore took them by force. Wonder what the hairdresser's hair color is.

That was me, lol.

How does a sicko determine whether a girl is gf/dating material and spared from immediate harm, as opposed to a girl he just randomly chooses to victimize?

He had the girlfriend way back in 1999--she was "gf" material and he didn't kill her as far as we know. But he met her cousin, and decided she was "victim" material.

He had his wife...they were divorced in 2000, and he DID abuse her and maybe eventually would have killed her if given the chance. But conveniently for her, he got locked away for 8 years, allowing her a chance to escape and start a new life.

He gets out...has some girlfriends whom he does not abuse (the one I found on FB as well as the most current one, whom, I'm only assuming he did not abuse since she was defending him to her family)...but possibly has some victims as well.

What goes through his mind in deciding which ones to "keep" and which ones not to....?
-----------------
This is JMO:

These types need to remain as anonymous as possible in order to conceal their dark-side activities. Therefore, they cultivate certain people around them as their "cover."

When it is clear that they are on the outs with one, (abuse, family intervention) and people are catching on to their nature, they move on to another who they can charm into their trap of being a cover. I call it the "buffer zone." Also, included in this zone are friends, work associates, neighbors they have been nothing but kind to.

For example, in some cases of serial child molesters, you will notice that they will not harm every child in their sphere, and only portray an outward appearance of goodness to them and their families.

Hope these women can provide some insight into where he he could have left Mickey.

the article says he has braces on his teeth right now... well that's interesting.

That's ironic.. In the photos where he is smiling and his teeth are showing, they appear to be very straight.

hello good folks following Mickey's case....I hope it is okay to stick this here? There is another young lady missing that has a thread here. Please, locals to the area, read about her so you can keep an eye out? She may have headed to the Lafayette area from Baton Rouge... thank you kindly.

Ashlund Devoe age 15

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176615"]LA LA - Ashlund Devoe, 15, Baton Rouge, 19 April 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

“He sat in my chair and he was like, ‘have you and that guy ever tried working it out?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said well I find it very funny a pretty girl like you is still single and he kept going on and on and on.”

Interesting he goes on and on about her being single, asking about her X and stuff. INTERESTING. She should be worried because she could have been his next victim.

Now I'm starting to wonder if BL didn't run into MS somewhere and they chatted a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306