*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin Bryant who killed 35 here in Australia had an i.q of 66 and probably killed his partner and father on separate occasions before he committed a massacre and evaded capture for almost a day.

In the end I don't think it matters, smart or dumb, diagnosable mental illnesses or not, some actions are evidence enough that something is terribly awry. Once you have shown the capacity to go there it seems only logical to me that someone is never given the opportunity again and the only triffle should be whether that means life imprisonment or a death penalty.
That is what I have been trying to say only triffle should be whether that means life imprisonment or a mental settingor a death penalty.

keep society safe but all behavior has meaning ......

That is the first thought that came to my mind.Going in for the insanity defense.:banghead:

Exactly. Orange-red hair and all. It will be interesting to see if the defense tries to stall so the hair color will grow out, or have his head shaved, or want his image to be in people's mind as he was in court today.

:waitasec:

MOO

In my opinion, he was stable enough to plod along for months stockpiling his guns, ammo, chemicals, tactical gear, etc. He was stable enough to make MULTIPLE transactions over many months gathering the necessary items to pull off this massacre. He was stable enough to post on adult websites that he was looking for casual sex and question potential suitors with "will you visit me in prison"? He was stable enough to rig up a potential SECOND massacre at his apartment. He was stable enough to choose the midnight showing of Batman. He was stable enough to walk up and purchase his ticket. He was stable enough to sit through the previews before the movie ever started. He was stable enough to sit several minutes into the movie before going on his rampage. He was stable enough to throw tear gas to confuse and disorient his victims. He was stable enough to switch weapons when one jammed during his massacre. He was stable enough to attempt to get away when all was said and done. All that being said.....he is stable enough to stand trial!

The key word is "looks", he could in all reality be faking an act for police... I'm not buying it until a competent, unbiased psychiatrist has evaluated him, and I don't mean one picked by the defense.:snooty:
BUt would this mean faking shooting 70 people, murdering 12, typing on a page would you visit me in prison, faking booby trap apt, faking dropping out of grad school, faking not being able to get a job, faking being obsessed with video games, faking an evidently odd outgoing voice message, faking buying 6000 rounds of ammo, beating swat at there armour, professing to law enforcement that you are the joker, painting your head red, spitting on folks, evidently playing with bags as puppets, ................

there are a mind boggling amount of proven data that indicate severe and intense aberrations of thoughts, behaviors, and today affect.

The only piece we are missing is family owning the psyc history and sharing the pain, with the world, they have had, with their sick child.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...ies+(News+-+Top+Stories)&utm_content=My+Yahoo

The program to which Holmes was accepted last fall admits just six students a year. Candidates have top grades and "near perfect" test scores, Shur said. They undergo a background check but no mental examination. "No program requires psychiatric evaluation, to the best of my knowledge,"

Holmes came with "excellent academic credentials," Shur said at a press briefing Monday flanked by school Chancellor Don Elliman and Executive Vice Chancellor Lilly Marks.

Can I share? I have weird eyes due to Thyroid/Graves Disease. It's a fairly new development in my life. I worry people will make snap judgments that I must have mental issues just because my eyes look strange. I hate it that my beautiful eyes are now scary. Please, not all people with weird eyes have a mental condition.

i'm in medical school. we've already had neuro and actually there are many eye conditions. it is much more common to have an eye condition or disease that causes an eye condition rather than a mental illness causing your eyes to look a certain way. rare!

i hope no one judges you either curiousme! thanks for sharing with us!!

Do you really think a legally insane person knows to ask for an attorney and stop cooperating with LE?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31296912/detail.html
This is not about insanity - I do not believe he is insane, I believe he is terribly ill and will end up being determined to be incompetent , by legal defination: There is a HUGE difference between the two concepts BUt incompetentcy is usually as a result of profound mental problems.

Just for me folks that end up being the biggest mass murderer in the nation suffer with mental illiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" a competency evaluation is an assessment of the ability of a defendant to understand and rationally participate in a court process."

He was clueless Friday night, and clueless today.

It seems like seeking the DP will insure his name gains notoriety. (like Casey) He'll never get out of a jail or prison hospital anyways, but so many people want him dead.

BUt would this mean faking shooting 70 people, murdering 12, typing on a page would you visit me in prison, faking booby trap apt, faking dropping out of grad school, faking not being able to get a job, faking being obsessed with video games, faking an evidently odd outgoing voice message, faking buying 6000 rounds of ammo, beating swat at there armour, professing to law enforcement that you are the joker, painting your head red, spitting on folks, evidently playing with bags as puppets, ................

there are a mind boggling amount of proven data that indicate severe and intense aberrations of thoughts, behaviors, and today affect.

The only piece we are missing is family owning the psyc history and sharing the pain, with the world, they have had, with their sick child.

BBM

Can you please link to this mind boggling amount of proven data that you speak of? Because I have seen lots of opinions but no PROVEN data to back up any speculations.

a693789b-fcee-0631.jpg

In my opinion, he was stable enough to plod along for months stockpiling his guns, ammo, chemicals, tactical gear, etc. He was stable enough to make MULTIPLE transactions over many months gathering the necessary items to pull off this massacre. He was stable enough to post on adult websites that he was looking for casual sex and question potential suitors with "will you visit me in prison"? He was stable enough to rig up a potential SECOND massacre at his apartment. He was stable enough to choose the midnight showing of Batman. He was stable enough to walk up and purchase his ticket. He was stable enough to sit through the previews before the movie ever started. He was stable enough to sit several minutes into the movie before going on his rampage. He was stable enough to throw tear gas to confuse and disorient his victims. He was stable enough to switch weapons when one jammed during his massacre. He was stable enough to attempt to get away when all was said and done. All that being said.....he is stable enough to stand trial!

Well said I agree. He wore a gas mask, and bullet proof gear, his dating site "Will you visit me in Prison" he wrote prior to the shooting he knew the consequences of what he intended on doing.

In my opinion, the two monsters who murdered the Petit family in Connecticut are evil. Pure, disgusting, despicable evil of the worst kind. Yes, people most assuredly have to be mentally ill / have something not totally right in the head in order to commit such crimes, but even still, those men were evil. Timothy McVey was evil. Some people are just sociopaths and they don't have regard for human life.

If it turns out that JH fits that profile, then we will hope for justice, but so far, I'm not getting that 'vibe' from him. Were his actions evil and horrendous? Without a doubt. He just doesn't seem WELL to me. If he's faking then he's pretty convincing IMO.

Also, I'm not going to find the parents suspicious or analyze the "you have the right person" quote. I feel so sad for his parents, and for the parents and loved ones of all of the innocent people he murdered. I feel sad that we live in a country where someone can buy 4+ guns (who needs that many guns??). I feel sad that a bright, young, promising life was ruined due to evil, mental illness, whatever the case. I don't find anything 'crazy' about his eyes, because some people have medical issues with their eyes. I don't find anything 'crazy' about weird voicemail greetings or an obsession with Marvel comics. Some people are just nerdy, and having a nerdy husband, I have no problem with that!

I LOVE that everybody on here brings different viewpoints and different theories to the table. That's how people learn and that's how people help solve crimes or get to the bottom of things.

There's no doubt that I think JH knew exactly what he was doing. He plotted, he planned, he bought weapons and ammo and gear and protective stuff, etc, he booby trapped his apartment. There is something 100% WRONG with him.

But as to what that is, I'm not sure yet, and I will wait for psychiatric evaluations and more evidence to come out before I form an opinion.

One thing though: I don't think he is clinically insane. I think he is competent and should be deemed competent to stand trial. But I still think even if he's not name, there's still a possibility of some kind of mental illness.

(By saying these things I am in NO WAY defending him or siding with him. I am sickened by his actions. Either way whether he's sick or just evil, he won't see the light of day)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...s-apartment-would-have-been-catastrophic.html

After he allegedly opened fire at the Century 16 movie theater during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises, killing 12 and injuring 58 (seven of whom remain in critical condition), Holmes was apprehended by police officers in the theater’s parking lot. Holmes introduced himself as the Joker, enemy of Batman, and hinted that there were explosives in his apartment, police said. Inside his car, police found a Glock and a bottle of sedatives.

Legally he is sane. Evident in the planning. That's all i care about. He is put away or death forever. When i look at the lives he took or shattered I dont really care about him. Not directing my feelings at you. Just expressing them.
I do not care about him either.
But he is far from sane.

I've looked and looked and could only find it quoted as "you have the right person." I've looked at over 20 sites. Do you have a link to the quote stating that she said 'man' and not 'person'?

TIA!

The reporter who originally contacted the mother is from ABC. I posted a link back a few pages that stated they were standing by what they originally reported.

I'm on iPad now and cant find the link. Don't think it was "man" though.

IMO the lack of eyelashes is definitely a large part of the unnatural look of his eyes.. Moo is there is simply one of two things as to why.. He either singed them off playing mad scientist with his explosive potions he was in fact concocting(this IMO very likely the cause).. Or it is a nervous/anxiety issue that's not all that uncommon where people pull out their own lashes.. Again moo is his potion concoctions got the best of his lashes and a bit of his brows as well..

As for the mental illness issue this is how I look at it.. We have zero foundation or basis of his being diagnosed mentally ill at any point in his life.. Therefor IMO I'm not just gonna give this killer the benefit of the doubt to his exhibiting qualities that could be mental illness.. What I KNOW FOR A FACT is that his brutally slaughtering the innocent including tiny babies, little bitty girls who'd just learned to swim, pregnant mommies, and any other human life that he could shoot down.. WHAT I KNOW FOR A FACT AND HAVE ZERO PROBLEM HANGING MY HAT ON IS THE FACT THAT HE IS EVIL!!.. Now is he evil and mentally ill?? .. Well I have zero factual basis of that at this time and I know that he sure as hell doesn't deserve to be given the benefit of any doubt whatsoever..jmo, tho!

Disagree, implication would be that he had it like that for months and would live in there that long crawling around not blowing himself up.

IMO, he , on paper designed the stuff, and did it from (making times up ) but from 8-1130 that night he had to live there....................

Insane and evil does not mean stupid. :)
He probably rigged it all up for months, and knew how to hook it all together in the last day. sort of like a puzzle that he finalized before he went on his kill mission.
But what do I know I have no idea about this guy… Other then he is obviously off balance and in the right place – JAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes