Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to send a song out to Mickey: "If I Die Young," by That Band Perry. Here is the url to listen to it on youtube: The Band Perry - If I Die Young - YouTube.

I lost a close friend one year ago tomorrow, not to a killer like BS, but after a long, hard battle with breast cancer. She, too, was much too young to be taken from this Earth. I will be listening to this song for both Mickey and C.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Mickey's family and friends. May your beautiful daughter/sister/friend rest in peace in the safety of God's love.

Thank you.

Oh, just like justwannahelp, I hold my breath everytime I hear this beautiful song because I never wanted to be able to relate to it. For Mickey's mother.

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors.
Life ain't always what you think Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby.
The sharp knife of a short life
I've had just enough time.
If I die young, bury me in satin.
Lay me down on a bed of roses.
Sink me in the river at dawn. Send me away with the words of a love song.
the sharp knife of a short life. I've had just enough time.

Energy never ceases to exist, so Mickey still exists, just not visible to us.

Ride on sweet girl.

Well said. Confirmation brings us to the reality we pretty much know. It still hurts. Today my heart hurts. RIP Mickey. A life taken far too soon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXrmAKBBTU"]Vince Gill - Go Rest High On That Mountain - YouTube[/ame]

well didnt i just put a foot in my mouth by saying we shouldve known it wouldnt be today. and now i wish it didnt happen. im glad the family will have the closure that this will bring. i also feel like this isnt real. so many times did i have dreams about mickey laughing and dancing at random and to come to this, it seems like such a BS form of closure. my heart hurts. my six year old has prayed for mickey every night at bed. when the news came today i had no idea how i was gonna tell him, riding home in the car it came over the radio and before i could change the station he heard. my heart broke all over again! hugging all my websleuthers tonight.

I have fiolloiwed Mickey's story from day 1 but couldn't post because it broke my heart too much.
Dear Mickey---soar on angel's wings and watch over us who remain grounded. God bless your family and grant them peace.
I'm so sorry.
dr dona

Ditto. I've been following Mickey's case in NOLA and hoping that each day I passed Mickey's "Reward" flyer near the City Park Ave. exit that "Missing" would become "Found".

Now that Mickey has been found, "Reward" becomes "Remember"- Always remember Mickey and let's hope her story helps to stop the next one from ever happening!

Can you see her in heaven helping St. Francis with all of the animals? I can...

I wish the jails had 24 hour webcams so animals like BSL could know that we are watching his every move every second of the day for the rest of his life.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Rest in peace Mickey.

My 4 year old recognizes her. We went into the Dollar store today and her poster is still up so he says "Mickey is lost." Like he always does when he sees her. I told him a little while ago that Mickey isn't lost anymore and he said "Did her mommy miss her a lot?" Kids. Such innocence. I couldn't tell him what happened. We'll stick with Mickey isn't lost anymore.

well didnt i just put a foot in my mouth by saying we shouldve known it wouldnt be today. and now i wish it didnt happen. im glad the family will have the closure that this will bring. i also feel like this isnt real. so many times did i have dreams about mickey laughing and dancing at random and to come to this, it seems like such a BS form of closure. my heart hurts. my six year old has prayed for mickey every night at bed. when the news came today i had no idea how i was gonna tell him, riding home in the car it came over the radio and before i could change the station he heard. my heart broke all over again! hugging all my websleuthers tonight.

When you dreamed of Mickey laughing and dancing...it's because SHE WAS...just not on this plane...not in this world...but she was dancing...

It goes without saying how badly I feel for Mickey's parents.... how something this awful just came into their lives without warning and changed them forever.

What is especially painful for me is to imagine what Charlie is feeling.... Mickey was her "Mini Me," she said. Just seeing them together in their photos you can see their special bond. I can only dimly imagine it through my experience when my little brother was stricken with lymphoma and malignant melanoma. The news came so unexpectedly out of the blue. I dropped my teaching internship to go be with him in New Orleans, and the sudden possibility of losing my brother was such a numbing - indescribable feeling of impending loss. He survived and is in remission, but I will never forget the feeling of vertigo, and how upset my parents were.

The Shunicks have had the same sort of lightning bolt - but so much worse in that it was a human lightning bolt. I continue to pray for them every day, and I hope that they can take even a small bit of comfort from the support of those around them. But I know that truly, none but God can offer any true comfort. The loss is uniquely theirs to bear for the rest of their lives. I pray that God will hear the many prayers for their family, bless them richly, as Job was blessed after his life was cursed and his family died, and bring them many happy days in the future...grandchildren, and loving friends to help them embrace life, even after they have been so terribly hurt by it.

R.I.P. Mickey

So sweet, chicken fried - I knew it was you, just upset!!

I guess all of us have our crosses to bear. And like you and many others, we've known pain; however, and IMO the loss of a child a/o grandchild has to be a huge lightning bolt . . . we all feel, I'm sure, we're supposed to go before them. May the Shunick's call upon God and His Almighty power to hold & comfort them as only He can.

God is holding His precious child His arms. :rose:

And as has been put by many other precious WS'ers before me, we are so proud of "Our" Mickey. . . . and we truly have come to love you!! The whole country has tried to bring you home, but especially the wonderful people from 'Cajun Country'.
_________
:grouphug:

I hope that Mickey's family believe in God and Heaven, and love that never ends. And that they know one day they will be with her again, in such a better place.

I just logged on for the first time in a few weeks, and read the bittersweet news.

I'm so sorry that her bright light was snuffed out by this monster, but I'm so relieved that she has been found. Now her family can lay her to rest and, through her remains, her story of what she endured can be told - in a court of law.

RIP, sweet Mickey

Thoughts and prayers to the Shunick family

I hope that Mickey's family believe in God and Heaven, and love that never ends. And that they know one day they will be with her again, in such a better place.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk"]Carrie Underwood with Vince Gill How Great thou Art - 720P HD - Standing Ovation! - YouTube[/ame]

I can say nothing that has not already been said, and better. Anything I say now will be cold comfort.
Isabelle, no puedo comprenderlo..it is not the natural order of life, to have your child taken before you. Lo siento mucho, hija.

What is left for us to do, Bessie? Fight the good fight, finish the race, keep the faith. This must unite people, galvanize them to action. How, when, where, I don't know. I only know it must happen. I hope Lisa Pate's family can find some measure of solace. I hope we can be the vindicators for their lives. To stand in the gap for them.

Requiescat en pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member