Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in Peace beautiful Mickey :rose: :rose:

Can't stop crying....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbkz_3lO3c&feature=related"]In The Arms Of an Angel - Sarah McLaughlin - YouTube[/ame]

LEO's are people like us, working their jobs day to day. When a case like Mickey's reaches a sad conclusion, they're left with the same sunken feeling many of us are experiencing right now. Cut them some slack. There will be time to talk tomorrow.

Ooh I absolutely understand them needing some time...in not meaning to sound critical! (sorry...I've had one of those days where everything I say or type seems to come out wrong lol. I'm so ready for tomorrow! Lol)

Posted using the tapatalk2 app...forgive any typos please :)

since we are sort of having a cyber vigil, i'm reposting

For Mrs. Nancy, Mr. Tom, Charlie, and Zack Shunick, I pray they continue to find relief knowing their beloved Mickey is with the Lord and is standing by them, though they may not see her.

Angel Standing By sung by Jewel, my all time favorite singer-songwriter:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61XkGntxMdY"]Jewel - Angel Standing By (Live 1997) - YouTube[/ame]

I had pretty much assumed Mickey had lost her life when first her bike was found in Whiskey Bay, and I was heartbroken. Then when BSL was arrested and we began to learn more about him, I greatly feared that she had lost her life, and I was heartbroken. Then when it became likely that he had led LE to her body, and the body was found, I knew it was her, and I was heartbroken. And yet now, hearing it confirmed that the body found is indeed Mickey, I feel like I have been hit with a ton of bricks. Rest in peace, sweet Mickey. You will never again be hurt by anyone or anything.

You so eloquently put into words what I, too, have been feeling. The reality hits very hard, and I can't begin to imagine how anyone who knew and loved Mickey must feel right now.

Ooh I absolutely understand them needing some time...in not meaning to sound critical! (sorry...I've had one of those days where everything I say or type seems to come out wrong lol. I'm so ready for tomorrow! Lol)

i understand, rhapsdsy.

I guess my thought here is this, and I beg to differ. The guy is telling you he was mugged, but doesn't know where, can't tell you where, has stab wounds all over his upper torso, says he's been lost for hours, but somehow ends up on the Belle Chasse Highway at a hospital when if he was, in fact, downtown, you know he's at least passed up Tulane, which is PLAINLY visible from the interstate, to somehow end up on the Westbank, and just happened to make a series of correct turns to get to a hospital, well, yeah, it's suspicous. But even so:

Had they have bothered to do a warrant check when they KNEW he was acting suspiciously, there WAS an active warrant for his arrest for domestic battery.

It's a warrant check. Not brain surgery. Just get the guy's name, DOB and SS* and call in a friggin' warrant check

Even if the warrant hadn't shown up, they'd have known he was a RSO. That's all I'm saying.

What I can't get over is how did he manage to pick her up, kill her, bury her, ditch her bike and make it to NO? Surely he couldn't have done this all in the same day! I don't think he has the mentality to do that much multi-tasking. Just saying...

I would like to send a song out to Mickey: "If I Die Young," by That Band Perry. Here is the url to listen to it on youtube: The Band Perry - If I Die Young - YouTube.

I lost a close friend one year ago tomorrow, not to a killer like BS, but after a long, hard battle with breast cancer. She, too, was much too young to be taken from this Earth. I will be listening to this song for both Mickey and C.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Mickey's family and friends. May your beautiful daughter/sister/friend rest in peace in the safety of God's love.

I can barely type through the tears. I listened to this song for Mickey and for my beloved husband Louis, who I lost to a five year battle with cancer in 2001.

Thanks for posting this.

I find it a little odd that the LE specifically said in their statement about confirming it was her body that there would be no more statements at this time. I must admit I kind of expected a press conference or something.

My guess is that they have to finalize the plea agreement now that it has been confirmed that it was Mickey and I'm sure they don't want to answer a million questions about whether there's a plea agreement in place or not and whether BSL led them to Mickey until after the plea agreement is finalized. I would bet after that is done, they will hold a press conference.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBFr43vQiSM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBFr43vQiSM[/ame]

Rest in peace, Mickey. Your death was not in vain.

Now we all need to prepare for what I am almost sure will happen. BSL will change his plea to guilty (or take an Alford plea) and do LWOP. I hope I'm wrong and that LE found Mickey on their own. I hope so.

I would be very disappointed if they allowed him to enter a plea that essentially says, ok, i'm pleading guilty because I think there's too much evidence against me but I really didn't do it. I would hope its a straight out guilty plea.

been pretty sure she has been gone for awhile, but the definite confirmation is very sad. At least her family doesnt have to wonder where she is. Rest in peace Mickey, you have touched alot of people and brought out a lot of goodness in peoples hearts.

I can barely type through the tears. I listened to this song for Mickey and for my beloved husband Louis, who I lost to a five year battle with cancer in 2001.

Thanks for posting this.

God Bless You :rose: So sorry for your loss.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3o8W5JMuU&feature=related"]THE PRAYER with Lyrics_Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli - YouTube[/ame]

Mickey your bright light & spirit lifts us up...

Just like a ton of bricks. :(

Very well said, Steve.

Rest in Peace, sweet Mickey.

I had pretty much assumed Mickey had lost her life when first her bike was found in Whiskey Bay, and I was heartbroken. Then when BSL was arrested and we began to learn more about him, I greatly feared that she had lost her life, and I was heartbroken. Then when it became likely that he had led LE to her body, and the body was found, I knew it was her, and I was heartbroken. And yet now, hearing it confirmed that the body found is indeed Mickey, I feel like I have been hit with a ton of bricks. Rest in peace, sweet Mickey. You will never again be hurt by anyone or anything.

So sweet, and so appropriate!! I just checked in and I can't seem to type the words between my tears!! Heartbroken, Ton of Bricks, absolutely but more than ever, I felt she was OUR own........

Rest in Peace Precious!!

It goes without saying how badly I feel for Mickey's parents.... how something this awful just came into their lives without warning and changed them forever.

What is especially painful for me is to imagine what Charlie is feeling.... Mickey was her "Mini Me," she said. Just seeing them together in their photos you can see their special bond. I can only dimly imagine it through my experience when my little brother was stricken with lymphoma and malignant melanoma. The news came so unexpectedly out of the blue. I dropped my teaching internship to go be with him in New Orleans, and the sudden possibility of losing my brother was such a numbing - indescribable feeling of impending loss. He survived and is in remission, but I will never forget the feeling of vertigo, and how upset my parents were.

The Shunicks have had the same sort of lightning bolt - but so much worse in that it was a human lightning bolt. I continue to pray for them every day, and I hope that they can take even a small bit of comfort from the support of those around them. But I know that truly, none but God can offer any true comfort. The loss is uniquely theirs to bear for the rest of their lives. I pray that God will hear the many prayers for their family, bless them richly, as Job was blessed after his life was cursed and his family died, and bring them many happy days in the future...grandchildren, and loving friends to help them embrace life, even after they have been so terribly hurt by it.

R.I.P. Mickey

Looks like I'm having the same problem, Rhapsdy. Sorry. I know where you were coming from.

Saw on FB this afternoon where this guy said he worked offshore with BSL. He said he thought BSL was odd but he didn't think he was that crazy. It's amazing how you can think you know someone and then find out you really didn't know them at all.

It goes without saying how badly I feel for Mickey's parents.... how something this awful just came into their lives without warning and changed them forever.

What is especially painful for me is to imagine what Charlie is feeling.... Mickey was her "Mini Me," she said. Just seeing them together in their photos you can see their special bond. I can only dimly imagine it through my experience when my little brother was stricken with lymphoma and malignant melanoma. The news came so unexpectedly out of the blue. I dropped my teaching internship to go be with him in New Orleans, and the sudden possibility of losing my brother was such a numbing - indescribable feeling of impending loss. He survived and is in remission, but I will never forget the feeling of vertigo, and how upset my parents were.

The Shunicks have had the same sort of lightning bolt - but so much worse in that it was a human lightning bolt. I continue to pray for them every day, and I hope that they can take even a small bit of comfort from the support of those around them. But I know that truly, none but God can offer any true comfort. The loss is uniquely theirs to bear for the rest of their lives. I pray that God will hear the many prayers for their family, bless them richly, as Job was blessed after his life was cursed and his family died, and bring them many happy days in the future...grandchildren, and loving friends to help them embrace life, even after they have been so terribly hurt by it.

R.I.P. Mickey

I don't know why I did it. I messaged Charlie last night through FB. I couldn't help it.

This is what I sent her:

I know you and your family are overwhelmed. You must want your anonymity back. Although I can't even begin to claim to know how you feel, I can only imagine.

Please just know there are people praying for strength for you all. Please just know there are people that have wanted to help you bring your sweet sister home. I'm not sure what it is about your sister that makes people want to defend and protect her like she was their own child, but she HAS it!

My heart hurts for you all. My heart hurts for Mickey. My heart hurts for a world where an innocent girl can't ride her bike home at night.

Please, just rest in the knowledge that God knows your heart, and God knows Mickey's heart. Please, just climb up in His lap right now and let Him hold you and comfort you. It is there you will find the peace that passes understanding. Right now, sweet girl, I pray for you peace.

This is what I found this morning:

19 hours ago
Charlene Shunick

thank you so much!

I love this family. I love them so much.

I have fiolloiwed Mickey's story from day 1 but couldn't post because it broke my heart too much.
Dear Mickey---soar on angel's wings and watch over us who remain grounded. God bless your family and grant them peace.
I'm so sorry.
dr dona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members