New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erin Steuber from KATC posted on facebook to make sure we watch the 6pm news for new information about BSL.

I hope there is some new, breaking news. However, I do note that whatever will be said isn't making the 5o'clock news......so I'm going to go out on a cynical limb and bet this is a teaser for some minor news.....

I think she was using the word in the sense of a "repeat visitor"--maybe not the standard definition.

No, 'purveyor' has no definition, standard or not, which means 'repeat visitor'. One might as well say that it was being used in the non-standard sense of 'fire truck'.

I hope there is some new, breaking news. However, I do note that whatever will be said isn't making the 5o'clock news......so I'm going to go out on a cynical limb and bet this is a teaser for some minor news.....

'kgeaux, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat. Am I over reacting'?

Jeez, I never knew there were so many inventive & creative & literate ways to get around snark.

No, 'purveyor' has no definition, standard or not, which means 'repeat visitor'. One might as well say that it was being used in the non-standard sense of 'fire truck'.

Montjoy, let it go...purveyor has multiple meanings..
just thought I'd give you some homework to figure which one was intended.

Stuart Chase - "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible."

'kgeaux, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat. Am I over reacting'?

I'm a cynic. I believe it would be on the FIVE o'clock news if it was edge of the seat type of information. Hopefully I am wrong. We are hearing one of his former cellmates has spoken out, I think we're going to hear what he has to say. It'll be interesting, we're probably going to have a MSM link to point out when someone asks why we think BSL has more victims.....but I'm not thinking we're going to learn anything truly helpful like victims' names or what LE has up their sleeves!

Sorry. kgeaux is new to being a cynic, and it stinks, doesn't it!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart...
Helen Keller

Jeez, I never knew there were so many inventive & creative & literate ways to get around snark.

It's starting to remind me of Bill Clinton saying it depends on the definition of IS!

Jumping off:

BSL liked cemeteries. He has a history of hanging out there. He has friends from his youth that say he dug up some fresh graves.

That's all that was meant.

This may seem strange to some, maybe most people, but I enjoy old cemeteries...a lot. I love the peace and the history. I love looking at each grave. In fact, they don't even have to be all that old, I just like cemeteries. I do not find them taboo. Of course, to be sure, I have never dug up a grave, but I guess I too have an affinity for them. Also, there have been many times as a teenager, that my bf and I would go to cemeteries at night. I guess you could call it at least a "part" of a date. I mean, that wasn't the total date, just a place to walk and talk. I can assure you all though, that neither he nor I turned out to be serial killers. Brandon seemed to have kicked it up a notch.

I do as well. My family has a very old cemetary and I have been there often and have probably read every tombstone there and wondered about all the old gravesites just marked with rocks. I find it fascinating and wonder about their lives. I think this is normal.

Unfortunately, there are others that get a completely different type of satisfaction from death and where better to go than a cemetary! Particularly an old one.

I would also be curious to know if Brandon truly did dig up old graves and really did have such a draw to them. I also wonder if he had any fascination with evil spirits.

Someone on here mentioned his words to his family upon his arrest as "they did it to me again". I agree with that poster that I bet he meant an evil spirit or voices in his head. Something along those lines. If so, I bet he kept something much more intimate than the victims ID.

KATC had 5 pm news about BSLs stay May 30 at his sisters in Texas. When he went to retrieve his shaving kit, his truck was missing..... They stated the truck was found burned about 40 miles from his sisters. They suspect he burned the truck and unsure how he returned to his sisters home.

Very interesting...... Sorry. I was cooking so I wasn't expecting to take notes by paying greater attention.... No link yet.

** ETA LINK
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Come on, y'all - let's quit with the unnecessary needling. It's neither appropriate nor welcome. If you need to assert your superiority, there are plenty of other forums where you can do that to your heart's content.

I do as well. My family has a very old cemetary and I have been there often and have probably read every tombstone there and wondered about all the old gravesites just marked with rocks. I find it fascinating and wonder about their lives. I think this is normal.

Unfortunately, there are others that get a completely different type of satisfaction from death and where better to go than a cemetary! Particularly an old one.

I would also be curious to know if Brandon truly did dig up old graves and really did have such a draw to them. I also wonder if he had any fascination with evil spirits.

Someone on here mentioned his words to his family upon his arrest as "they did it to me again". I agree with that poster that I bet he meant an evil spirit or voices in his head. Something along those lines. If so, I bet he kept something much more intimate than the victims ID.

Little FYI - In the early 1900s & before most children went without a name til age 5, due to the mortality rate. The parents didn't want to get too attached...There are family plots with Boy & Girl scratched on them, all over these majestic mountains...
As an experienced grave dowser, and Appalachian people & Apalachee Indian/Moundwellers history buff, I know these things..

KATC had news about BSLs stay at his sisters in Texas. When he went to retrieve his shaving kit, his truck was missing..... They stated the truck was found burned about 40 miles from where he was staying at his sisters.

Very interesting...... Sorry. I was cooking so I wasn't expecting to take notes by paying greater attention....

That sounds like he would have had to have had an accomplice. Be hard to be in your sister's home and driving the truck away at the same time......Unless someone really did steal the truck. (I don't believe that, BTW)

KATC had news about BSLs stay at his sisters in Texas. When he went to retrieve his shaving kit, his truck was missing..... They stated the truck was found burned about 40 miles from where he was staying at his sisters.

Very interesting...... Sorry. I was cooking so I wasn't expecting to take notes by paying greater attention....

Does that mean it was stolen out of her driveway? If so, then he would have a witness verifying that he didn't leave and it would mean he had help. I didn't see the coverage.

I guess this is the step-sister. I think she lives in TX. (not a bio sister)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart...
Helen Keller
"The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing."
Pascal

Where's kinseywannabe??

That sounds like he would have had to have had an accomplice. Be hard to be in your sister's home and driving the truck away at the same time......Unless someone really did steal the truck. (I don't believe that, BTW)

There is the weak link, imo. The biological sister; the only person that BS Lavergne would have feelings/empathy for...He would protect her..She is why BS Lavergne, came clean, imo..

They said he last saw his truck around 10pm when going to bed, it was parked in the driveway. At 5:30am he went out to get his shaving kit and it was gone, the truck was found burning at 4am

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

According to the report, the truck was found about 40 miles from where he was staying. I have no idea as to the quality of, or which roads he may have taken to get from his sister's to where the truck was located, but I would think it would be no more than an hour drive, absolute tops. So he slips out his bedroom window and leaves around 3am, while the sister is most likely sound asleep (we know he has experience slipping in and out of windows), he gets to where he drops the truck and torches it, he gets back in time to slip back in and be there in time to get up as if nothing happened, goes to his truck to get his shaving kit, and wow, no truck...there is his alibi (he thinks). This seems to me to be the most likely scenario, but if it did happen like this, he HAD to have had someone to drive him back to his sister's, it seems...ALL MOO and JMO.

ETA...the other most likely scenario is that his sister helped him dispose of it, but I dont think he would have involved her unless he felt he absolutely had no other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500