Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@someguy Thanks for sharing your photos with us. Seeing them makes me so sad. What happened to this young man? What was BSL struggling with from a young age? How can others be identified and helped before it's too late? I have so many questions and zero answers. So sorry your family is having to endure this nightmare.
@HouDat I agree with you. I can wait for more info to come out especially if it means more families can find out about their loved ones.

I feel the same way as you. I found WS because of Mickey and can't leave now. I also feel like I am in limbo. I feel a void that I just can't explain. I pray Mickey is at peace as well as her family. I hope to be at peace with the situation one day too...I just have so many unanswered questions...more than before all the "facts" came out. But my desire and/or need to have those questions answered is just that...mine. I may never get the answers and that is something I will have to live with. As long as her family is at peace...that's all that matters. I hope to be able to continue to sleuth other cases however, this has been so difficult for me that I don't know if I am capable of becoming so emotionally involved in another...not yet anyway. I don't understand why I am such a mess over this and why I can't move on. Any advice by all of you is greatly appreciated!!!

The best advice I can give you is to relate a past experience, which left me feeling completely numb, with no closure. It was the verdict delivered by the P12, and coming to terms with the justice little Caylee deserved, but will never have. I still have that awful feeling today, however, after taking a break for 5 months, I started to post and get involved. Prior to that I was a lurker. I read every doc, watched every second of the trial, but never participated... So, for me, getting involved with other cases brought with it some peace... I know we still have unanswered questions, but at least we are doing something to find those answers. Sometimes I still get overwhelmed... take a break... and then I'm ready to go again. :smile:

All jmo.

@someguy Thanks for sharing your photos with us. Seeing them makes me so sad. What happened to this young man? What was BSL struggling with from a young age? How can others be identified and helped before it's too late? I have so many questions and zero answers. So sorry your family is having to endure this nightmare.
@HouDat I agree with you. I can wait for more info to come out especially if it means more families can find out about their loved ones.

Patticupcake.....exactly! That is what is bothering me, too. I see disturbing behavior in my twin nieces (see my post above) & feel almost helpless. There is no real protocol like an anonymous reporting agency. It's not a DYFS issue...perhaps a teacher or school psychologist can make a formal reporting. If I suggested it to the parents, I would become the monster. Maybe that's why family members are reluctant to report or mention children who seem to have behavioral problems. I wish some of BSL's relatives would give us more insight as to the details of his youth.

Sending thoughts and prayers to Louisianna...all Websleuth friends in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette....also Mississippi...May God keep each of you safe as TS Isaac heads your way.

Once again Florida has be spared much of the storm's wrath. Very few people remain without power in Miami and the Florida Keys.

My DH works as a liaison with the power companies in Fort Myers, Orlando and St. Augustine....they all had called in Power Workers from Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina...Early this morning they released them and as we speak....those workers are on their way to Misssissippi and Louisianna.....So help is on the way...Yeah!

DH and 40+ Power workers lived in their trucks for 2 to 3 months in The Mall in Baton Rouge, during Katrina...He and his men then worked on Hwy. 90. Tell you a secret....when you see lots of out of town Power Workers...they find out the closest Motel and will start restoring powered there....so that they have a cool place to sleep and Hot water for baths...LOL

Please say a prayer for all Power Line Men....they are the unsung heros....We all want our powers back on...but never remember to thank the ones that risk their lives to make it happen! I am really glad that DH is the liaison...not in those buckets doing the ultra dangerous work..

Dear God...Please Protect Those In the Path of TS Isaac

Thank you for this post. My husband is a lineman (33 years,) and I always worry about him/them during times like this. His crew from Ms. Power were scheduled to go to Florida, but with the westward turn, they will be staying here in Mississippi. We lived through the horror of Katrina and I would appreciate prayers now. Also, my son lives in La. and he's a stubborn guy, so please pray that he will be safe and sound as well. My husband is the one in the bucket, rubber handing the lines. God bless them all.
You are so right dear, Linemen are indeed the unsung heros.

480816_457196667654353_423974354_n.jpg

From The Daily Advertiser's FB page -- the decal which will be worn this season by UL - Lafayette's Ragin' Cajun football team.

THANKS, Coach Hud! Good Luck with your next season beginning next Saturday!

I hope LE is busy investigating so they can nail BS for other crimes. Death penalty, anyone? Texas sure likes to use it! :) I have read that Angola is hot and miserable, so at least, there's that...

Sending thoughts and prayers to Louisianna...all Websleuth friends in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette....also Mississippi...May God keep each of you safe as TS Isaac heads your way.

Once again Florida has be spared much of the storm's wrath. Very few people remain without power in Miami and the Florida Keys.

My DH works as a liaison with the power companies in Fort Myers, Orlando and St. Augustine....they all had called in Power Workers from Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina...Early this morning they released them and as we speak....those workers are on their way to Misssissippi and Louisianna.....So help is on the way...Yeah!

DH and 40+ Power workers lived in their trucks for 2 to 3 months in The Mall in Baton Rouge, during Katrina...He and his men then worked on Hwy. 90. Tell you a secret....when you see lots of out of town Power Workers...they find out the closest Motel and will start restoring powered there....so that they have a cool place to sleep and Hot water for baths...LOL

Please say a prayer for all Power Line Men....they are the unsung heros....We all want our powers back on...but never remember to thank the ones that risk their lives to make it happen! I am really glad that DH is the liaison...not in those buckets doing the ultra dangerous work..

Dear God...Please Protect Those In the Path of TS Isaac

Thanks Mustang my hubby who is a GF and two sons are linemen and when the call comes in they run for weeks/months. It is long days and long nights but at times like hurricane season they are in high speed knowing how people are suffering. For them it is quite rewarding!

I hope LE is busy investigating so they can nail BS for other crimes. Death penalty, anyone? Texas sure likes to use it! :) I have read that Angola is hot and miserable, so at least, there's that...

I can tell you that if Texas builds a case and files it, it will only be for one reason....and it's not life without parole. BSL is already sentenced to life without parole. IMO Texas only files charges to seek the death penalty and nothing less.

I can't understand why he would have been allowed to leave the country knowing he had bought concrete and buckets. Maybe someone can if they aren't charged? How could anyone not know that abusive husband, divorce, disappearace and concrete and buckets probably equals one thing IMO. I'll have to read up and see if there is more to it.

catching up, so sorry if this has already been discussed. this beautiful teacher vanished, but there seems to be a lot of evidence that her husband killed her. i too never understood why he was not brought back to the US?? I'm not sure how international lines play in with crimes. He had the carpets cleaned a few days before she went missing. He is said to be out of the country with the little girl now.

Thanks Someguy for posting those pictures. Brandon looks like one of my nephews, i.e. a normal guy. Gary wondered if he was just a "bad seed." Who knows?

I stumbled across the following when googling bad seed:

These children have a character disturbance. They devalue others and lack a sense of morality. Such incidents as those described above have made it increasingly clear that psychopathy is not exclusively an adult manifestation. In fact, some child development experts believe that childhood psychopathy is increasing at an alarming rate. In the research, these children are regarded as "fledgling psychopaths" who will become increasingly more dangerous as they get older. They might not become killers but they will learn how to manipulate, deceive and exploit others for their own gain. It is generally believed that they have failed to develop affectional bonds that allow them to empathize with another's pain. What they have developed are traits of arrogance, dishonesty, narcissism, shamelessness, and callousness.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/psychopath/1.html

Ok. I am going to get slammed for what I'm about to ponder out loud. But if there is any online forum that I would EVER post what I'm about to, it's here --because you all are pretty calm and collected and know how to "toss ideas around" without freaking out. So I'm just tossing this out there. PLEASE understand that this is not my opinion, but something I've wondered about ever since I've been a mother. Do you think that putting children in daycares from infancy then into school then after school care etc etc could be psychologically damaging SOME of them. I KNOW that some people have no choice. I'm just wondering because I have a couple of friends that put their babies in at 7am and don't get them until 6pm. That's a LONG time to be away from their mothers 5 days a week. Their older school aged children go to before care at school, then school, then are bused to an aftercare at a daycare. In nature, with most mammals, it is not normal for babies to be away from their mothers for such long periods of time. Again, I am NOT judging. I'm just wondering if this could be negatively affecting the psychological development of SOME of these children that are away from their mothers.

Personally, I am a ninny and am on the other end of the spectrum and rarely leave my babies until they are fully weaned around 2 years old, and trust me, I get lots of snickering from friends and family about that. Thus, I try my hardest not to judge other mothers and their breastfeeding, daycare, etc decisions.

So, I'm not judging,. I'm just looking at what is natural for a mammal, and wondering about extended long term daycare.

Ok. I am going to get slammed for what I'm about to ponder out loud. But if there is any online forum that I would EVER post what I'm about to, it's here --because you all are pretty calm and collected and know how to "toss ideas around" without freaking out. So I'm just tossing this out there. PLEASE understand that this is not my opinion, but something I've wondered about ever since I've been a mother. Do you think that putting children in daycares from infancy then into school then after school care etc etc could be psychologically damaging SOME of them. I KNOW that some people have no choice. I'm just wondering because I have a couple of friends that put their babies in at 7am and don't get them until 6pm. That's a LONG time to be away from their mothers 5 days a week. Their older school aged children go to before care at school, then school, then are bused to an aftercare at a daycare. In nature, with most mammals, it is not normal for babies to be away from their mothers for such long periods of time. Again, I am NOT judging. I'm just wondering if this could be negatively affecting the psychological development of SOME of these children that are away from their mothers.

justwannahelp, I believe it depends on MANY factors -- quality of daycare, parent/other nurturer-child relationship during other times, inherent personality inclination of the child, to name a few -- but it is my opinion that yes, some children in long hours of daycare are impacted in a negative way in their emotional development.

On the other hand, there are probably children who get more nurturing and guidance in daycare than they would if they were not in daycare.

It's definitely not a one-size-fits-all situation, IMO, but I believe daycare may be in the equation with SOME children who don't develop normally emotionally.

justwannahelp, I believe it depends on MANY factors -- quality of daycare, parent/other nurturer-child relationship during other times, inherent personality inclination of the child, to name a few -- but it is my opinion that yes, some children in long hours of daycare are impacted in a negative way in their emotional development.

On the other hand, there are probably children who get more nurturing and guidance in daycare than they would if they were not in daycare.

It's definitely not a one-size-fits-all situation, IMO, but I believe daycare may be in the equation with SOME children who don't develop normally emotionally.

yes. DEFINITELY not a one size fits all situation.

SOMEGUY - I'm going to get blasted and no one needs to know the reasons I say this to you, but here goes:

Thanks for reminding us of your view. I cannot imagine what it was like going through these last weeks for your family. I too raised a child that was bullied by classmates and even called a freak by a teacher/coach in front of the class. Humiliated at every chance they had. That type of treatment has in other situations led to devastating consequences. Some don't make it past their teen years and devise their own form of suicidal justice on their tormentors. The bullied become the bully and go too far. It was wrong, we recognize that.

It's OK to still love your family member. It may be painful right now, but seldom can a christian turn their back on their brother. Most important for your family is to encourage him to choose true redemption of his soul.

Certainly, the Shunick and Pate families have a right to decide whether to forgive Brandon or not, not the invisible voices who call Brandon a monster.

Only God can judge where Brandon will spend eternity and that will depend on what God sees in his repentance and confession.

Go with God in your heart.

catching up, so sorry if this has already been discussed. this beautiful teacher vanished, but there seems to be a lot of evidence that her husband killed her. i too never understood why he was not brought back to the US?? I'm not sure how international lines play in with crimes. He had the carpets cleaned a few days before she went missing. He is said to be out of the country with the little girl now.

JUSTWANNAHELP ~

I cannot imagine what Oscar Losada has told his young daughter?? He has disrupted her life, leaving school, friends, Sylvaine (her most beloved Mom), and life as she knew it, behind in BR.. She has to be traumatized by her losses, and being taken to an unfamiliar / new country. That is just as heart wrenching as Sylvaine vanishing ! I wonder what kind of care she is subjected to in Venezula ?? I don't believe anyone knows for sure. I'd like to think she is being doted on by her paternal Grands ....... but with such erratic behavior from her Dad ..... just no way of knowing what her situation is. She and Sylvaine are constantly on my wind ........ Wondering .... ?? They / we need help in finding the truth. Wish I had a pile of cash to hire a PI to go to Venezuela.

On a larger scale, I would agree that there needs to be more info made public in such instances as these types of cases.

Relative to BS Lavergne, though (which is what my comments were intended to speak to...apologies if I was unclear), the effect of releasing such info to the public will not save another person from being harmed by him, as LE and the justice system have taken care of that for us.

HouDat, please don't think that I am singling you out for your opinion. I honor and respect your theories and opinions.,, and your sense of humor ain't bad either..

With that said, please consider the shattered vase analogy. That one missing char that may allow investigators to reassemble the vase may be held by a member of the public, that doesn't know that it is the missing char.

There are many families of the missing/murdered such as the Ali Lowitzer family that have a hole in their heart that only Ali can fill..

All available resources should be used in the Brandon S. Lavergne; serial killer multi-state investigation to insure that all the chars are recovered..

I can tell you that if Texas builds a case and files it, it will only be for one reason....and it's not life without parole. BSL is already sentenced to life without parole. IMO Texas only files charges to seek the death penalty and nothing less.

reedus23, TX executed 10 persons in 2010, yet has 400 on death row. The numb3rs don't compute. TX has inmates sentenced to the Death penalty that have been there for decades. Most TX death row inmates die of natural causes/LWOP..

Henry Lee Lucas; DP commuted to life, & Kenneth Mc Duff(two death penalty sentences & two different incarcerations/multiple victims before finally being recaptured due to AMW & executed)..

Thanks Mustang my hubby who is a GF and two sons are linemen and when the call comes in they run for weeks/months. It is long days and long nights but at times like hurricane season they are in high speed knowing how people are suffering. For them it is quite rewarding!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcykofWTCgY&feature=fvwrel"]GLEN CAMPBELL - WICHITA LINEMAN - YouTube[/ame]

SOMEGUY - I'm going to get blasted and no one needs to know the reasons I say this to you, but here goes:

Thanks for reminding us of your view. I cannot imagine what it was like going through these last weeks for your family. I too raised a child that was bullied by classmates and even called a freak by a teacher/coach in front of the class. Humiliated at every chance they had. That type of treatment has in other situations led to devastating consequences. Some don't make it past their teen years and devise their own form of suicidal justice on their tormentors. The bullied become the bully and go too far. It was wrong, we recognize that.

It's OK to still love your family member. It may be painful right now, but seldom can a christian turn their back on their brother. Most important for your family is to encourage him to choose true redemption of his soul.

Certainly, the Shunick and Pate families have a right to decide whether to forgive Brandon or not, not the invisible voices who call Brandon a monster.

Only God can judge where Brandon will spend eternity and that will depend on what God sees in his repentance and confession.

Go with God in your heart.

You said it perfectly.. Thank you.. I feel the same way.

Truly a shame. He looks like a regular cajun boy. He had a good job and family that loved him. I don't understand why he threw it all away and harmed innocent girls in the process. This will never make any sense to me. A tragedy on so many levels.

LOL, a 'regular cajun boy'.............as opposed to other American boys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle