CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is local RTD bus service into Denver for sure. Not sure about inot Boulder. I don't know where the local RTD bus stop would be, but could probably google it or look at the RTD Denver site.

RTD has service from Superior to Denver and Boulder. The easiest way to figure out routes is to go to maps.google.com, ask for directions between any two points, then click on the bus icon. This will give you both bus schedule information and walking distances.

rules on RSOs
New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is the thread on RSOs.

You can link to RSOs in the area. You cannot sleuth them other than what is listed on this thread. If you have a question about a particular case and a particular RSO and what can and cannot be posted in depth you can post your question for administration on this thread.

((please note: questioning of what can and cannot be posted and moderation questions should not be placed on the general discussion thread. I hope that helps. If anyone has a further question please pm a moderator or administrator.))
folks... rso's are the only sleuthable people at this point and sleuthing them also has rules..see the above... please do not post about random people.. thanks guys.

I am interested to hear what you guys think about the backpack being tracked by dogs, from the spot it was left at, all the way up to the high school and back.

I think that until LE confirms that the dogs were tracking, there's no way for me to evaluate that report.

I've posted this before, so I apologise if you have read it before.

Tracking dogs are a team with their partner and that teamwork doesn't happen overnight. It takes a lot of training hours to get to the point where you have a highly qualified dog/handler team.

Dogs are all individual and so are humans. No two dogs are ever exactly alike, not even two littermates raised in the same home. So each handler/dog team is a little different.

To someone who has never trained a high level tracking dog, it may look like the dog was tracking when it actually wasn't tracking anything. It's not always obvious to anyone but the handler when the dog is working a track versus when the dog is looking for a track. Both activities involve a lot of sniffing! So just because a dog looks like they are sniffing right along doesn't mean the dog is on a track.

An expert observer who knows that dog/handler team really well can probably tell by watching what the dog is doing. Somehow, I don't think that describes the msm reporters on this case. I think the reporters are more likely to be people who have never trained a tracking dog.

So, until LE states what the handler said was happening, I take the tracking stories with a heaping spoonful of salt.

folks... rso's are the only sleuthable people at this point and sleuthing them also has rules..see the above... please do not post about random people.. thanks guys.

Sorry...I know what I done did....

RTD has service from Superior to Denver and Boulder. The easiest way to figure out routes is to go to maps.google.com, ask for directions between any two points, then click on the bus icon. This will give you both bus schedule information and walking distances.

It wasn't turning up bus as an option from the point I was looking at, which is why I asked. "Outside our coverage area."

I'm looking at the map, and looking at what's across 93 from Arvada/Superior/Westminster where somebody might live. And I'm seeing a small town called Eldorado Springs.

I see nothing that says a pillow pet was involved in any way except for forum talk, just sayin

Thanks! I don't travel by RTD much (well actually, never have been on one) ... but useful to know :). I am not too aware of the bus routes etc. But know enough to know that RTD buses go to a lot of suburbs :)

Good info for someone who wants to figure out the bus routes though :)

Sometime earlier today or maybe last night I remember some discussion about sometimes people who commit horrific crimes against children start by committing crimes against animals. I am still so new here I don't know exactly what can and cannot be sleuthed about anyone who hasn't been named as a suspect so I won't identify anyone specifically. There was a man who committed a pretty disturbing act against a cat several years ago in Arvada (he and his younger buddy lit a cat on fire and threw it off the roof of the high school). It appears this same person plead guilty of a sex offense against a child in 2007 in Jefferson County. He has also had a couple of DUI's more recently. I am not seeing him on the sex offender registry.

It was never confirmed where the pillow pet was found, if it was even found. On scene could mean quite a few things since we don't know where the person who said that was at.

When I read the rewind from downstairs I thought the pillow pet was "on scene", which from what I could understand from the transcript, was her home. I will go back and read it again, but I reread it several times that day and got the same meaning from it.

ETA I realize that we are not allowed to discuss things from downstairs here normally, but since that particular rewind transcription was so important and posted here abovestairs, I'm hoping it is okay to talk about. My apologies if not okay.

I am interested to hear what you guys think about the backpack being tracked by dogs, from the spot it was left at, all the way up to the high school and back....

Janeumayer, I think it should be seriously looked at, DOGS don't lie..imo..

so who, parent, student, faculty or maintence workers at that high school had the 'smell' of this childs packpack on them, or carried the backpack, to be tracked to the school?
How many people over the age of 16 walked through those particular doors that day??
Did the school have survelliance camera's?
IF not, didn't schools learn anything when Kyron disappeared from school??jmo

From Todays news:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...lood-and-chemical-test-results-may-take-weeks

Jessica Ridgeway autopsy done, blood and chemical test results may take weeks

Posted: 10/16/2012
Last Updated: 2 hours ago

By: Deb Stanley

Quote:

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. - The Jefferson County coroner's office has finished its autopsy on 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, who was abducted blocks from her home and found dead last week.

However, the report on her cause of death may take weeks.

That's because coroner John Graham told 7NEWS he is waiting for blood work and chemical tests results.

The girl's remains were found last Wednesday at an Arvada open space park. Police said the body was not "intact." Sources told 7NEWS her body had been dismembered and pieces of her body are still missing.

AirTracker 7 flew over the area shortly after the body was discovered. AirTracker video showed that the remains were found near a culvert, and had been placed on a black plastic bag when investigators were looking at it. It's not clear if the body had been in the bag.

The remains were found by maintenance workers who were doing routine cleanup of the culvert.

If the school it was placed near is an elementary school, it may have been placed there so as to say "none of your kids are safe". A scare tactic? Something rubs me the wrong way, though... If its near an elementary school, wouldn't most younger kids be inquisitive enough to look inside of it?

On the other hand, children are heavily conditioned from about age 3 not to touch things that belong to others without permission. By the time they are going to school, most kids know very well that it is not okay to get into someone else's backpack, tote or purse without permission.

It's mostly adults who are willing to look inside something like an abandoned backpack.

Has this been mentioned? I noticed it yesterday and keep thinking about it.
One of Jessica's pictures shows her wearing a t-shirt with the words '2012 Standley Lake Pee Wee Cheerleaders'. Did she cheer for the youth football team over the summer? Could that be an avenue that LE should explore to outrule perps? I hate to say it because of all the good guys, but that's where a pedophile might hide out. Also an adult could become aware of the mother's schedule if Jessica had to ride with a friend or something.

I think you could have something here. I am a little confused about the dogs tracking her scent from where the backpack was found to another school and I have to wonder if there is some connection to that other school with Jessica - cheerleading being one way. Someone who could have met her over the summer and maybe even one time a while back gave her a ride. Just thinking out loud here, because I keep hearing opposing results from the dog-tracking, but if her scent was in fact tracked toward a school, I have to think there is a link.

Also, the neighborhood where the backpack was found, does it come off a main street where there could be cameras? Also, the perp with the backpack could have been on foot, having it in another bag possibly.

Just bothers me that it seems unless every move is on camera, these sickos will do these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo