CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting find abt the little village of Eldorado Springs. i've only been through there once. seemed to be a little hippie community. small, older homes on a dirt road. fairly tightly packed in there together. there is a natural spring running through there; they bottle water for drinking and there is a public swimming pool that looks right out of the 1960's. guessing 50 homes or less.

Sometime earlier today or maybe last night I remember some discussion about sometimes people who commit horrific crimes against children start by committing crimes against animals. I am still so new here I don't know exactly what can and cannot be sleuthed about anyone who hasn't been named as a suspect so I won't identify anyone specifically. There was a man who committed a pretty disturbing act against a cat several years ago in Arvada (he and his younger buddy lit a cat on fire and threw it off the roof of the high school). It appears this same person plead guilty of a sex offense against a child in 2007 in Jefferson County. He has also had a couple of DUI's more recently. I am not seeing him on the sex offender registry.

I also remember the MSM here reporting dogs being skinned (several days apart) ... am I the only one who remembers this incident? I remember following it, and then it just dropped from news coverage. It could be just coyotes, etc. mutilating the bodies. But it seemed like they were more concerned at the time.

From todays news:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-was-approached-by-stranger-at-memorial-park

Girl told Arvada police she was approached by stranger at Memorial Park
Man followed girl while she was walking to school

Posted: 10/16/2012
Last Updated: 38 minutes ago

ARVADA, Colo. - Arvada Police said they are investigating a report that a man followed a girl for a short time on Monday morning while she was walking to school.

The student told police the man approached her at 7:40 a.m. at Memorial Park.

The girl told officers that the man asked her to come over.

The girl told police that as she walked away, the man started following her.

The man is described as being about 30 years old and 6 feet tall with possibly a goatee. He was wearing a black hoodie and a green T-shirt.

"We will notify parents of these reports," Arvada Police posted on Facebook. "We do, however, want to caution citizens that while we will look into each report; each one is not suspect."

One person posted on the Arvada Police Facebook page that they did get a note from their grandchild's school about the incident.

Officers did not release any information about the girl's age or her school

can anyone humor me?

why would Jessica head NW to the West View rec ctr instead of going to Chelsea Park to meet her friend?

I believe this is where the pajamas and red tank top were also found along with the pillow pet - ( I'm extrapolating here ) or in the field.

( btw - I think her friend waited for her at the park, either with his dad or on his own, then when she didn't show, he called his dad who came to drive him OR his dad was there waiting with him in the park and drove him to school. Did Jessica no-show frequently? Did they figure she was off doing whatever she usually did at the rec ctr when she didn't show, so they didn't follow up?)

theories?

absenta, IF she had the pillow pet and items mentioned with her that morning, plus walking in the opposite direction, seems she was planning on spending the night with someone...imo

the other school near where the backpack was found was an elementary school in Superior, not a high school.

It appears now that we have confirmation that body parts are missing.

I believe these were taken as trophies.

If they do turn up somewhere, I imagine they will be placed to shock, not hidden.

We have the sickest, rarest type of predator here.

My opinion only

:cow:

GL using this page, I hate their website and can never find the bus I need for my route! They also offer very strange route suggestions when there is a straight shot, but you get the general idea

http://www3.rtd-denver.com/elbert/SystemMap/

Okay, this is interesting but probably doesn't mean much. The area of Westminster/Superior seems to be part of something called "Interlocken/Westmoor Call and Ride." You call and schedule a pickup or dropoff. Which means a person could arrive or leave by public transit, though not with a body.

The nearest actual bus stop appears to be on the south side of Standley Lake, or along 121. There's also a park and ride at the junction of 93 and 72; the bus that stops there seems to run from Boulder to Golden.

Me too. Whether this is an experienced predator, or one just beginning his predatory career, this person will not crawl back into the woodwork forever. He will prey again, months or years from now, it will happen. So very important they get this person off the streets.

I so agree. If he is just beginning I believe he has done other types of crime sexual in nature and just got away with it. If he has peaked he has just gotten away with other murders. The type of predator and the escalation seems he may not lay quiet for long. I know others have but typically unusual. I feel for the folk in Colorado. And of course Jessica's Family. Just bouncing off your post.

The backpack was placed there Saturday night and her body found Weds. I don't think I've heard, do maintenance, where she was found, pick up there once a week? Could she have been put there Saturday night,also? If so, he had her somewhere till Saturday.

This thread has moved so incredibly fast, so I apologize if this has been asked/answered, but I'm very curious about Jessica's moms job. Does anyone know what line of work her mom does? I know it's an overnight shift, but haven't heard much more than that.

Does anyone know?

I don't want to see anymore sleuthing of people who are not named as a POI. :tos:

THIS POST LANDS AT RANDOM and is a WARNING.

This thread has moved so incredibly fast, so I apologize if this has been asked/answered, but I'm very curious about Jessica's moms job. Does anyone know what line of work her mom does? I know it's an overnight shift, but haven't heard much more than that.

Does anyone know?

It was at a tech company.

And here's the related video, since the bloodhounds seem to come up on every Jessica thread.

At about the 5 minute mark, the reporter on the scene says something to the effect that it doesn't appear to him that the Bloodhounds found anything.

He also makes it clear that he didn't really know what the dogs were doing. Good reporters convey the level of their knowledge.

The girl's remains were found last Wednesday at an Arvada open space park. Police said the body was not "intact." Sources told 7NEWS her body had been dismembered and pieces of her body are still missing.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...lood-and-chemical-test-results-may-take-weeks

From the link:

"AirTracker 7 flew over the area shortly after the body was discovered. AirTracker video showed that the remains were found near a culvert, and had been placed on a black plastic bag when investigators were looking at it. It's not clear if the body had been in the bag.

The remains were found by maintenance workers who were doing routine cleanup of the culvert."

where did you see the pillow pet was found in the home? I just read it was "here/on scene".

From my own reading of the transcript "here, on scene" means JR's home. It is very difficult to interpret but that is my takeaway.

From todays news:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-was-approached-by-stranger-at-memorial-park

Girl told Arvada police she was approached by stranger at Memorial Park
Man followed girl while she was walking to school

Posted: 10/16/2012
Last Updated: 38 minutes ago

ARVADA, Colo. - Arvada Police said they are investigating a report that a man followed a girl for a short time on Monday morning while she was walking to school.

The student told police the man approached her at 7:40 a.m. at Memorial Park.

The girl told officers that the man asked her to come over.

The girl told police that as she walked away, the man started following her.

The man is described as being about 30 years old and 6 feet tall with possibly a goatee. He was wearing a black hoodie and a green T-shirt.

"We will notify parents of these reports," Arvada Police posted on Facebook. "We do, however, want to caution citizens that while we will look into each report; each one is not suspect."

One person posted on the Arvada Police Facebook page that they did get a note from their grandchild's school about the incident.

Officers did not release any information about the girl's age or her school

That is beyond scary, but check out the distance to Jessica's house to Memorial Park. There are people on here much better at plotting maps that I am so you can tell me what you think. If it's him, he seems to be working in a radius.

I believe you're jumping to some conclusions that haven't been established.
The clothing you're talking about wasn't attributed to having anything to do with Jessica.
The pillow pet was found at that park and her mother confirmed that she had one but it was not confirmed that they were in fact the same pillow pet. As a matter of fact, I believe her mother confirmed that Jessica's pillow pet was still at home.
The whole scanner thread is still available in the basement.
I don't believe anyone thought Jessica went to the rec center.

Not having any contact with young girls, I don't know for sure but I think those pillow pet things are mass produced and fairly popular among the stuffed animal set.

If my impression is correct, then it seems more likely to me that it was an item that some child other than Jessica had lost.

From the link:

"AirTracker 7 flew over the area shortly after the body was discovered. AirTracker video showed that the remains were found near a culvert, and had been placed on a black plastic bag when investigators were looking at it. It's not clear if the body had been in the bag.

The remains were found by maintenance workers who were doing routine cleanup of the culvert."

This is why I do not think the killer expected the remains to be found as quickly as they were. It was by chance. jmo I also think she was probably there before her mom woke up. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa