SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

:banghead::banghead: Can we change the name of this thread to banghead? Getting tired of trying, now it;s cutting the tops off my letters! Maybe I'll try again 2mrw!!

Hey, I have a quick question- if I ever get my poster figured out, how can I get color copies of it? I can only make black and white copies at work. I have a fedex shop near me, but, how do I get the poster to them, you know what I mean? From my computer to their counter? Lord have MERCY!! Maybe I just am not cut out for this sort of thing, in my day, we user typewriters for everything, didnt even have whiteout, if you made a mistake, you threw the paper away and started again! Also, how much do the posters cost at places like this? Have a great weekend everybody, maybe today is the day JB comes home!

Hey, I have a quick question- if I ever get my poster figured out, how can I get color copies of it? I can only make black and white copies at work. I have a fedex shop near me, but, how do I get the poster to them, you know what I mean? From my computer to their counter? Lord have MERCY!! Maybe I just am not cut out for this sort of thing, in my day, we user typewriters for everything, didnt even have whiteout, if you made a mistake, you threw the paper away and started again! Also, how much do the posters cost at places like this? Have a great weekend everybody, maybe today is the day JB comes home!

Flash drive. Save it on a flash drive and they will plug it in, upload and print. You can also send via attachment remotely. And fwiw, many locations will print a certain # of missing persons posters at no cost. Ask for the manager at your particular store (office max, fedex, kinko etc) and ask if they would be willing to donate x number of posters. A lot of them do.
I sure hope today is the day Johnny is found. :please:

You did a good job. It looks great.
If you do end up doing it in B&W, try it on colored paper.

You can see it? I thought I was the only one who could see it!

I tried copying it over to show you, but his picture and the words at the bottom of the page are not showing up. I guess I don't know how to do it now.

MISSING
IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT JOHNNY BROWN

CALL 911 OR MYRTLE BEACH POLICE 843-918-1382

JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN
Missing From: Myrtle Beach, SC
Date Missing: August 3, 2012
Sex: Male
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 141
Build: Medium
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black, may be shaved
Race: African-American

Johnny has special needs and a severe
speech impediment which prevents him
from communicating with strangers. He
wandered away from his family while
on vacation in Myrtle Beach and is
trying to make his way home to
Cartersville, GA. He is usually clean
shaven, but he may have longer hair
as well as facial hair by now.

Hey ya'll..... just checking in to see if anything new has been happening. I got tied up in the Jessica Ridgeway case, and after that I just needed a little break. Ready to keep looking for Johnny. I think I might be going to Myrtle Beach next weekend, so if there is anything special I can do, let me know.

I can't see it, Maureen. It doesn't open for me. So sorry. Wish I could help but posting pics and files are beyond my brain's capability these days.

Maureen, I'm still not quite back up to speed here, so I just finished reading all your posts about trying to make the poster and I was laughing so hard I could barely type! You sound just like me!!! I'm still working on getting a pic up on FB and half the time I can't find the one I want to post. I lose things all the time on my laptop!! Thanks for the chuckles, and you ended up with a very nice finished product!! KUDOS!!

Terrific job, Maureen! :rocker: I'll try to get some copies made and put them around again. Sadly, the ones that were up are no longer there. Every single one I put up has been removed and I no longer see the ones that OLG and Miss James put up either. Maybe everyone assumes he was found already?

I haven't seen any up around Cartersville either, Peek. I'll get some out ASAP. Thanks everyone. Maureen you're wonderful.

Hi Everybody, Damn I feel like I've been sleeping all day! Didn't get done nearly what I wanted to do, including putting up JB's poster. I wish I could get rid of the box around his pic and make all the fonts match!! Oh well, I guess cause its a template, you have to do what they want you to do. I'll do better next time, It's like I told Nonni, I guess it's better to get it out there than try to make it perfect, I did add the namus mumber to it, that way if police in other states get wind of it, they can look it up. I'm gonna see if I can put in on FB, not sure if I can. I can email it to someone though, if anyone wants it. Or if anybody wants to make one, I googled missing person template...the first one to come up was from ...4the missing.....so I used theirs, maybe another one would be better. Did I tell you guys we're up to 17 likes, now? Soooooo, I havent heard from my new friend, wonder how the session went Thursday? Talk to you guys later...:seeya::seeya::seeya:

Hi Everybody, Damn I feel like I've been sleeping all day! Didn't get done nearly what I wanted to do, including putting up JB's poster. I wish I could get rid of the box around his pic and make all the fonts match!! Oh well, I guess cause its a template, you have to do what they want you to do. I'll do better next time, It's like I told Nonni, I guess it's better to get it out there than try to make it perfect, I did add the namus mumber to it, that way if police in other states get wind of it, they can look it up. I'm gonna see if I can put in on FB, not sure if I can. I can email it to someone though, if anyone wants it. Or if anybody wants to make one, I googled missing person template...the first one to come up was from ...4the missing.....so I used theirs, maybe another one would be better. Did I tell you guys we're up to 17 likes, now? Soooooo, I havent heard from my new friend, wonder how the session went Thursday? Talk to you guys later...:seeya::seeya::seeya:

maureen, I think it's beautiful! You did a great job, and I'm sure it's not gonna matter what font you used, especially when it helps Johnny find his way back home. You are an angel to do this, and picking us some amazing "Karma". :tyou: Thank you is just not enough. Nite, get some rest.

Bumping for Johnny.... it is cold here tonight in South Carolina. We have been through Halloween, and Thanksgiving is approaching. I hope Johnny can come home to his family by then.

Just checking in with you guys.
Im still prayin hard and sending good thoughts.

Can I snag some of those posters for Northern AL? I cannot believe he is still missing :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back