SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

Anybody have any ideas for the FB page? I keep posting the same 2 pics, looking for quotes that seem meaningful, etc

Anybody have any ideas for the FB page? I keep posting the same 2 pics, looking for quotes that seem meaningful, etc

No ideas but good on you for taking this on. How many likes for the page, may I ask? Any friends and neighbors in Cartersville?

I had to trade in my Facebook addiction because it wasn't leaving time for my WS addiction so I'm not able to 'like' it myself but I'm there in spirit!!

Hi all
Its gone very very quiet on the Johnny story, I've looked around and find nothing new at all, no posts in any obvious places, no searches that I can find any information on and no sightings.
Makes me wonder just what did happen with Johnny Lamar Brown?

Hi all. I'm still checking in on this thread daily, hoping & praying for some resolution-- preferably a very good one. I am not giving up hope, and I am glad to see others haven't either. Good work you guys! *hugs!* Come home soon Johnny!

Just checking in to say I hope that Hurricane Sandy doesnt cause any problems for any East Coast sleuthers and I hope that Johnny isnt affected by the storms either
Take care

I still check here every day, as well. Really praying for the folks on the East Coast, and for Johnny. You folks take care, and do what the guys in charge tell you to do, ok?

I guess his family has just given up, do ya think??

Praying every day that you will somehow find your way home, Johnny.

No news on Johnny here in Cartersville, and no evidence of any searches here. Praying he isn't out in this storm. Wonder if the family has heard anything...

Hi Nosy! We have 15 likes on FB for JLB! I'm sure its the same people that are here, although I have picked up 2 who appear to be Cartersville residents. One of them is a man who looks to be about JB's age. It's hard to post things and try to be positive when you just want to crawl through the computer and choke somebody:behindbar . Nonni and I chat on the page which reminds me has anybody heard from Peekerfoo lately? I hope her Mom is OK! Oh well, gotta go brace for the storm, I lost my power for 10 days after the derecho!!

Hi Nosy! We have 15 likes on FB for JLB! I'm sure its the same people that are here, although I have picked up 2 who appear to be Cartersville residents. One of them is a man who looks to be about JB's age. It's hard to post things and try to be positive when you just want to crawl through the computer and choke somebody:behindbar . Nonni and I chat on the page which reminds me has anybody heard from Peekerfoo lately? I hope her Mom is OK! Oh well, gotta go brace for the storm, I lost my power for 10 days after the derecho!!

Stay safe.
Prayers for you and everyone else in the path of this monster.

Thanks, Maureen. We are as ready as we can be, here in NJ. The wind is just starting to howl. My husband owns a tree service and no emergency calls yet. Pray for him, my son, and my nephew, and their crew, as they will inevitably be out in the worst of this.

You are right about, Peek. Where the heck is she? Did her family take her mouse away? :floorlaugh: Seriously, though, I hope she is taking a break to regroup, or on vacation, or something positive. :prayer:

Great work on keeping the facebook page going Maureen :rocker:

Peekerfoo has been away with family for a well earned break, no doubt she will be back firing on all cylinders soon.

Good luck with the storms, its all over the news here in the UK, hopefully it wont hit as hard as they are saying

Hi Maureen. Praying for you going through that horrible storm up there. Hoping everyone stays safe. I'm still checking the MSM's here in C'ville, and Atlanta area, but not finding anything at all on JB, except our site here and the FB page. No posters around town at all. I haven't been to the truck stops to see if posters are there. Will try to do that this wk and post what I find here.

I've had some drama here this week and been pre-occupied. O/T, I've let my g,son's girlfriend stay with me 5 mo. and on 10/4 discovered she used my cr.cd to charge (online) $235 for Poke'mon cards. My gson pd me back for it and is expecting money from her mom to him. I doubt he will ever see it.
I never dreamed the amt of work involved at the bank and with my creditors who I have direct-pay with. Needless to say, she was asked to leave, and is gone. What a mess.
I really am too trusting, and hear that all the time, but I wanted to help her. I feel so stupid now. Sorry for the O/T. Thanks for listening. Hope it's all settled now.:waitasec:
PS I havent heard from Peek in a while. Praying she and her family are all ok.

Thanks, Maureen. We are as ready as we can be, here in NJ. The wind is just starting to howl. My husband owns a tree service and no emergency calls yet. Pray for him, my son, and my nephew, and their crew, as they will inevitably be out in the worst of this.

You are right about, Peek. Where the heck is she? Did her family take her mouse away? :floorlaugh: Seriously, though, I hope she is taking a break to regroup, or on vacation, or something positive. :prayer:

Prayers to you and your family as this storm continues to bear down on you. Please be safe as you hunker down for this monster.

Hi Maureen. Praying for you going through that horrible storm up there. Hoping everyone stays safe. I'm still checking the MSM's here in C'ville, and Atlanta area, but not finding anything at all on JB, except our site here and the FB page. No posters around town at all. I haven't been to the truck stops to see if posters are there. Will try to do that this wk and post what I find here.

I've had some drama here this week and been pre-occupied. O/T, I've let my g,son's girlfriend stay with me 5 mo. and on 10/4 discovered she used my cr.cd to charge (online) $235 for Poke'mon cards. My gson pd me back for it and is expecting money from her mom to him. I doubt he will ever see it.
I never dreamed the amt of work involved at the bank and with my creditors who I have direct-pay with. Needless to say, she was asked to leave, and is gone. What a mess.
I really am too trusting, and hear that all the time, but I wanted to help her. I feel so stupid now. Sorry for the O/T. Thanks for listening. Hope it's all settled now.:waitasec:
PS I havent heard from Peek in a while. Praying she and her family are all ok.

Sorry to continue the O/T but please, please check every account you have, and, to be really safe, your credit rating for any unknown accounts. Don't want to be an alarmist but we've gone through hell (and not back yet) after a "friend" who was "helping" my father cleaned him out to the tune of between 50,000 and $200,000 (due to his initial denial it's almost impossible to ascertain the exact amount but the after effects with his credit and other stuff could cause it to be even higher).

Sorry to continue the O/T but please, please check every account you have, and, to be really safe, your credit rating for any unknown accounts. Don't want to be an alarmist but we've gone through hell (and not back yet) after a "friend" who was "helping" my father cleaned him out to the tune of between 50,000 and $200,000 (due to his initial denial it's almost impossible to ascertain the exact amount but the after effects with his credit and other stuff could cause it to be even higher).

OMG nosy, I never thought that far out. Thanks so much for the warning. I guess it's not over yet... I am worried about my g-son. He still believes she is telling the truth. I have the invoice with her name, the poke'mon cards were mailed to her dad's address, she admits she has them, and doesn't know who sent them to her. As granny Sykes said, That's a crock!.

Hope all my WS friends along the coastal states are battened down and everyone is safe. Prayers to everyone.

OMG nosy, I never thought that far out. Thanks so much for the warning. I guess it's not over yet... I am worried about my g-son. He still believes she is telling the truth. I have the invoice with her name, the poke'mon cards were mailed to her dad's address, she admits she has them, and doesn't know who sent them to her. As granny Sykes said, That's a crock!.

Hope all my WS friends along the coastal states are battened down and everyone is safe. Prayers to everyone.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this! What a way to repay somebody for helping them out. Good on your g/son for paying you back, show's he's an upstanding young man. It could have been worse, but at this point in my life, I would be angry if anyone stole 20 bucks from me, so I understand your frustration.

Shout out to all the posters on the east coast... STAY SAFE!! We don't get hurricanes in Texas, not where I am, but a few years ago when one hit the Gulf coast we did get some pretty bad storms from it. We had a heavy tree branch break off and hit the front porch, also smashed the bbq grill. Scary. Just hope all of you are okay!!

Praying for Johnny still!

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK............ Come Home.. we miss you!!!

Hi all! I just got back from a week in the mountains of NC (had a wonderful time)and I checked in here to see if Johnny was located while I was gone. I see that, sadly, he has not. I hope he is somewhere safe because it's really chilly here. I can't believe he's been gone this long.

On the way home I drove past the scene where Jake Ziegler and Ray (the two missing boys from NC) were killed in a car accident. The accident team was there today. I had no idea the boys car had been found in the water and I even said to my DH that I hoped it had nothing to do with them. I hope the ending of Johnny's story will be a better one than the way Jake and Ray's ended.

We don't bring anything like laptops etc to the mountains with us, and I found myself missing my friends of Johnny Brown! Thanks for noticing I was gone--it's reassuring that if I ever go missing y'all will notice. :)

PEEK!!:takeabow: ! Glad to hear you're OK, still wondering how the Brit had the scoop on all of us, but, I guess we're getting used to thaT!! I didn't know they had found those boys dead, I was hoping they had chosen to go missing. Soooo, anyway.....I have a new friend on FB who wants to know how to search jails, hospitals, mental hospitals, etc for JLB! I think those are all excellent ideas, but, I don't know how to do it. What is the procedure if someone without ID is arrested, etc? My new friend also wants to know how to get pics made of JLB if he had hair, beard, etc! Any thoughts?? Anybody know how to photoshop? I'll see if my friend has any other photos of JLB she wants to share!

So, Ive been googling...unidentified man arrested, unidentified man hospitalized, etc....theres gotta be a better way!

Hi all! I just got back from a week in the mountains of NC (had a wonderful time)and I checked in here to see if Johnny was located while I was gone. I see that, sadly, he has not. I hope he is somewhere safe because it's really chilly here. I can't believe he's been gone this long.

On the way home I drove past the scene where Jake Ziegler and Ray (the two missing boys from NC) were killed in a car accident. The accident team was there today. I had no idea the boys car had been found in the water and I even said to my DH that I hoped it had nothing to do with them. I hope the ending of Johnny's story will be a better one than the way Jake and Ray's ended.

We don't bring anything like laptops etc to the mountains with us, and I found myself missing my friends of Johnny Brown! Thanks for noticing I was gone--it's reassuring that if I ever go missing y'all will notice. :)

Hi Peek, so glad you had a good trip. You so deserved a vacation and some rest. And you know we missed you! I love the NC mountains.

I didn't realize Jake and Ray had been found either. I'm so sorry it was such a sad ending, was hoping they would return home safely. Prayers to their families and friends.

TxLADY2...thanks, and you're right, my gson Adam is such a great boy. He and his gfriend both graduated from HS this yr, he started to college and went to work at Publix too, and she went to work in another grocery store, couldn't afford college. I was letting her stay here, no charge, to save to go to school, and helping her get registered. He is processing all this and surely will see all the evidence points to her; she has the Poke'mon cards, ordered and mailed in her name, and to her dad's address. I'm hoping she will pay him back, but I really doubt it. Anyway, enough of O/T.
Maureen, I am so glad to see you are picking up the posters needed on the FB page. The more interest that site gets, the better it is for Johnny and the family, and the greater chances to find Johnny. Thank you so much for the work you are putting into that page. I'm checking the names of the FB posters to see if I recognize any, and I did recognize one. She posted only once, but she if from a family of community workers, so I'm sure they are keeping an eye out for JB.
If there is anything I can do from C'ville to help with that please let me know. I am still checking local MSM. I don't think our police dept is doing much here, but I guess since it's MB LE's case, they don't see it as their responsibility. That' another issue for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buybuyavto
Back