Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the page about the Batcave and the whole scene. It really does give a good picture of what it was like.

I grew up not far from where "Andrea" was found in Huntington Beach. I do remember seeing people dressed like that in the downtown area in the early eighties. I was very young and probably afraid of them ;)

I do remember in the 7th grade (1987) many kids started coming to school wearing the white goth makeup and black clothes. Being a beach town, they really stood out. I remember these types all the way through High School. They were called Death Rockers, Goth or Doom and Gloomers.

So I'm guessing there must have been a scene or "Batcave" sort of place they hung out in Huntington. Just have no idea where it would have been or what happened to these kids I knew.

Always being open minded, I was friendly with all the different clicks in school I knew alot of them. I'm trying to rack my brain to see if any of these kids are still local so I can ask.

There was a place on Golden Beach some of my friends used to go to. The Golden Bear, maybe? It wasn't really a Goth place, at least didn't look it in the pictures my friends sent me, but it appeared to have quite a number of Goth/death rock people in the crowd?

I'm wondering if she was living with a parent at one time and that parent died. In consequence, she eventually ends up on the street, because of her mental illness. If a scenario like this happened, no one has reported her missing.

What happens to older children in the care of authorities in the US, who run away? Sadly, in England the answer in many cases is 'nothing much'. Also, in England around this time, I knew a girl who at 16 was released from very long-term care, helped to rent an apartment and that was it. She could have taken off and there would not have been anyone in authority or any family who even knew.

Could anyone tell me if there was likely to be a similar system in the US at the time? I know it's a big place, but a rough idea would really help this little Englander - now Deutschlander - to get an idea.

TIA!

There was a place on Golden Beach some of my friends used to go to. The Golden Bear, maybe? It wasn't really a Goth place, at least didn't look it in the pictures my friends sent me, but it appeared to have quite a number of Goth/death rock people in the crowd?

Not that this helps much but...

I remember that place. It was called the golden Bear, right on the corner of Main street and PCH. I believe it was around since the 20's. It was torn in 1986.

I was to young to go there, but it seemed that all th cool people went there and my parents were pretty sad when it was gone. The city lost alot of it's unique charm when that happened.

I think it was probably gone before "Andrea" was in town.

Just reading this case tonight and it warms my heart a little. That at least MontanaMan was reunited with a long lost friend and together they will piece together information that might end up in a positive id. I do hope this is his Andrea and one can be taken off the unidentified list....even if no one else is out there searching for her. We are here.

MontanaMan, did the person you spoke to think that the bracelet might have fingerprints? I know it is 20 years ago, but if neither you nor your mother wore it, it is a possibility. Also, it might be rare. Can you upload a pic? May have been stolen or sold at some point.

I am somewhat familiar with facebook pages, although not for missing/unidentified, I would be happy to start one. Just let me know what I can do to help! :)

Not that this helps much but...

I remember that place. It was called the golden Bear, right on the corner of Main street and PCH. I believe it was around since the 20's. It was torn in 1986.

I was to young to go there, but it seemed that all th cool people went there and my parents were pretty sad when it was gone. The city lost alot of it's unique charm when that happened.

I think it was probably gone before "Andrea" was in town.

I saw Steppenwolf at the Golden Bear in either the late 70s or early 80s! I forgot all about that! Thanks for the blast to the past! :flashback:

Traacker 13, you're the second person to have suggested her so I think we should look at Cynthia closely.

I think she atleast deserves a look even if her nose may not be an exact match to the drawing.

Do they have a photo of this doe? That would be a much more accurate determination imo.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think she atleast deserves a look even if her nose may not be an exact match to the drawing.

Do they have a photo of this doe? That would be a much more accurate determination imo.

Yes, I have a photo of this doe. But I've been asked not to publicize it. The nose in the recon is pretty much unaltered from the postmortem, and it was undamaged from the accident.

Thanks CarlK - Good to know her recon is a close match to her photo.

what a moving article. i cant imagine the kind of dedication and resolve it takes to do this for a living. the same that many here at WS have shown since i first started lurking here long ago.

i wish we knew more about the hotel key. i am guessing they could not trace it?

are there other places to look for MP reports than charley project and namus? if she was a ward of the state who ran away at 17, would she have to be entered into namus?

sorry for the rambling thoughts. i am new to this all and want to give her a name!

I agree that it is wonderful that MontanaMan has been reunited with an old friend and they are able to be of support for each other.
It just goes to show you that when you least expect it, someone from your past can re-enter your life and make it so much better.
I am so happy that whether or not our UID is "Big Mouthed Andrea"...
That in her tragedy, she has brought two old friends together. In a corny, Cosmic kind of way I think it brings some purpose to her short life.

I know this is a long shot and probably not possible, but i wonder if any of the old clubs Andrea, Montanaman and his friends hung out in are still open. Maybe these clubs kept records or the owners could have been young enough to still be alive. They had to check ID's I think when the kids came into the club. Maybe someone there could look at her picture and see if they remember anything. I know that's probably not a possibility, but you never know.

The article says her parents were from Virginia. Isn't that more than we knew yesterday? If we could get a clue a day, we just might find out who this Andrea Doe really is. You guys/girls are awesome.

This case bothers me for some strange unknown reasons. I just hope this person and any missing or doe would get the respect and justice they deserve.

I'm wondering if Big-mouth Andrea ever had a run-in with the law in Seattle. I wonder how long they keep their records for. If she had been picked up for something they might have her full name and date of birth, then we could narrow the search from there, and if we found Big Mouth Andrea alive then how amazing would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53