CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
... And another thing, in my opinion Mr.Hrab was very quick to say that this was done by a stranger. We now have been told that it was someone who knew her. Hrab said she was found in her home. Yet PK said he found her in the garage. Hrab didn't find her in the home. PK found her in the garage.

It took over one year after her murder for neighbours to be interviewed.

Hrab didn't even bother doing that, and in fact arrested the wrong man
(who because of his mental illness was the first and only suspect), which would fit the "Stranger"" category that Hrab had in mind.

Hrab was taken off of the case and a second lead detective was assigned, who turned out to be the nemisis of Hrab's.

I keep returning to Audrey's prophesizing upon how she would die. Whomever she told this to, knew this and since he hated her so much, he obliged. I truly believe money was involved. And that this Will was fishy.

I think Audrey did lead PK on about him receiving something when she died.
Someone outsmarted him.

just my own opinion.

DW

An error in a beneficiary's name in a Will is not an issue when prefaced by a relationship - info is from a lawyer.

Is the correct name Robertson? I missed that earlier.

Clever error?

Maybe calling the murder scene "the home" it includes the garage since it was attached, it's not a separate building

I am here as a guest multiple times a day. I rarely sign in because my crappy internet kicks me off all the time.

I have read your last 3 pages, and I agree with many of you. Too many discrepancies.
Wonder about PK - going through her home and LV only going in there once.
Wonder why home was sold so quickly. LV brought up dumpser U-hauls and loaded all of Audrey's things and every posession and disposed of it.
House sold quickly to young couple who lived down the street.
Dogs adopted out quickly.
Those two missing bank statements bothers me.

Many things here trouble me.

How could a friend of 30+ years just toss everthing into a dumpster and NOT keep a few special things as a memory? For me.....that's COLD!:furious:

I'm also very concerned about the rapid events - cremation, selling house, new buyers, dogs adopted quickly........something is very wrong here.

And why on earth would a mere handyman have access to the entire house.......medicine cabinets, bedroom, bathroom, garage, garage code?

:twocents:

Maybe calling the murder scene "the home" it includes the garage since it was attached, it's not a separate building

But wouldn't that cause a strange turn of the phrase?

"Did you park in the garage" is different from "did you park in the house"? "I left the lawn mower in the garage" differs greatly from "I left the lawn mower in the house".

:waitasec:

But wouldn't that cause a strange turn of the phrase?

"Did you park in the garage" is different from "did you park in the house"? "I left the lawn mower in the garage" differs greatly from "I left the lawn mower in the house".

:waitasec:

I think it's a matter of hurried terminology, Stone. The differentiation you point out is true, definitely - we don't tend as a rule to count the garage when referring to "the house," but I would say LE was probably reluctant about going into structural detail at the beginning.

At the time of the murder, I remember wondering how on earth the dogs were unscathed and had not been injured or killed protecting Audrey, because there were comments in MSM to that effect - references to them being "guard dogs" and "mean," yet not near where she was found. My thought at the time was, they must have been locked in the garage! Anyone depraved enough to savagely murder an elderly woman, you would think would have made some statement with the dogs - either loosing them outside or dispatching them in some equally horrid fashion. :twocents:

However, all that said, I do think we're being told between the lines that where Audrey's body was found (garage) and where the assault/murder actually occurred (house??) may well have been in different places. Sadly, it would go a long way to explain the disparities we've analyzed at length :deadhorse: ...

:moo: as always.

An error in a beneficiary's name in a Will is not an issue when prefaced by a relationship - info is from a lawyer.

Is the correct name Robertson? I missed that earlier.

Clever error?

According to the obit for LV's mom, seems Robert would be correct. Robertson as a first name is fairly unique. For one to know the person as Robert but make a mistake in lengthening it to Robertson is a strange error. I can see if someone did have the first name of Robertson, and the mistake was to assume Robert, but the other way around?

Any "sons of Robert" in the mix - I don't mean in the will directly but related to this?

I have NO IDEA if this is related, but an arrest has just been made in the death of Kera Freeland. No info yet. Just - a 20-year-old male!

Thought I'd post it here because Kera's body was found in the Caledon area, not "all that" far from Audrey, SV and SL.

----------------------
ETA:

And this just in:

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth

Arrest has also been made in Kitchener torso case; man arrested

Also, Kitchener isn't all that far from Audrey's place either!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7145607#post7145607

I wonder if I am missing part of PK’s story…

PK says how odd that he should have her key code number. He makes it sound like he never used the code before to enter.

PK says he”never ever” goes to Indian Trail without A at home but he goes on to do just that. He called to say he is running late with no answer yet proceeds to A’s home.

Logic would assume that A had moved on with her day if he didn't arrive as expected not that she was out when he was expected to bring by her gift and would be back by the time he arrived late.

He begins his tale with his opening the garage door using the code.

This is where I might have missed the beginning of the story.

Did he knock on the door first?

What was his thought process when she still wasn't home as planned?

Was he worried he couldn't reach her when he knew she had been sick?

Did he wrestle with the thought of entering her garage without her home knowing she was not inclined to inside visitation?

Did PK call again from the driveway and get no answer and decide to just leave the cake in the garage?

Did he hear the dogs barking in the house and figure they were in their crates?

How can guard dogs guard a home from a crate while the owner is gone?

Or did she crate them when she was expecting company to run by and drop something off so she could just open the garage and visit for a moment without them going nuts at the home entry door because someone is out in the garage?

Even if knowing how much an older person living by themselves would enjoy a visit I might have just dropped off the cake at that point just to have it over with but I believe I might have left it on a porch or outside the garage door. I would be thinking that entering the garage would make the dogs upset and they might scratch up the door or something especially if it is something that I never ever had done before.

Signed, Guilty of being a Guest & hoping that the Stollen download isn't repeating on anyone

all imo

PK says how odd that he should have her key code number. He makes it sound like he never used the code before to enter.

PK says he”never ever” goes to Indian Trail without A at home but he goes on to do just that. He called to say he is running late with no answer yet proceeds to A’s home.

Logic would assume that A had moved on with her day if he didn't arrive as expected not that she was out when he was expected to bring by her gift and would be back by the time he arrived late.

He begins his tale with his opening the garage door using the code.

Did he knock on the door first?

What was his thought process when she still wasn't home as planned?

Was he worried he couldn't reach her when he knew she had been sick?

Did he wrestle with the thought of entering her garage without her home knowing she was not inclined to inside visitation?

Did PK call again from the driveway and get no answer and decide to just leave the cake in the garage?

Did he hear the dogs barking in the house and figure they were in their crates?

How can guard dogs guard a home from a crate while the owner is gone?

Or did she crate them when she was expecting company to run by and drop something off so she could just open the garage and visit for a moment without them going nuts at the home entry door because someone is out in the garage?

Even if knowing how much an older person living by themselves would enjoy a visit I might have just dropped off the cake at that point just to have it over with but I believe I might have left it on a porch or outside the garage door. I would be thinking that entering the garage would make the dogs upset and they might scratch up the door or something especially if it is something that I never ever had done before.

Signed, Guilty of being a Guest & hoping that the Stollen download isn't repeating on anyone

all imo

Thanks for popping on Jade with some great food for thought!

Hi all,

This is a repost of Audrey's Texas Stoellen recipe I posted at the end of the previous thread.

Bests,
Phil

bouncing off this post...

In reading this recipe, my first thought was... ewww yuck it calls for yeast... I've not had much luck with any baking that requires yeast... Then looking at the directions I wondered.. Did Audrey have arthritis in her hands as well as her knees/legs/hips (wherever it was)? There is an awful lot of kneading to be done... if she did have arthritis in her hands/wrists etc... that may be why she wouldn't have made it herself... just a thought...

Since PK knew Audrey had been ill, maybe he just thought she couldn't make it to the phone at that time and figured she would be home and just went over. Then since she didn't answer the door, he may have wanted to see if her car was in the garage and opened the garage. He was probably worried about her. He was not just a handyman but a friend.

PK says he”never ever” goes to Indian Trail without A at home but he goes on to do just that. He called to say he is running late with no answer yet proceeds to A’s home. CONTRADICTION!!

He begins his tale with his opening the garage door using the code.And I wonder HOW he did this whilst carrying a cake!

Did he knock on the door first?It seems he went straight to the garage door opener.

What was his thought process when she still wasn't home as planned? This has bothered me right from the start.

Was he worried he couldn't reach her when he knew she had been sick?It appears that he thought she was well enought to receive ther cake!

Did he wrestle with the thought of entering her garage without her home knowing she was not inclined to inside visitation? Seems not.

Did PK call again from the driveway and get no answer and decide to just leave the cake in the garage? This also has bothered me from the start. I HOPE LE has the phone records!!

Did he hear the dogs barking in the house and figure they were in their crates?My own opinion, but I'd say no.

How can guard dogs guard a home from a crate while the owner is gone?They can't. So........

Or did she crate them when she was expecting company to run by and drop something off so she could just open the garage and visit for a moment without them going nuts at the home entry door because someone is out in the garage?If it was merely for a short visit (dropping off the cake) why would the dogs need to be confined?

Even if knowing how much an older person living by themselves would enjoy a visit I might have just dropped off the cake at that point just to have it over with but I believe I might have left it on a porch or outside the garage door. I would be thinking that entering the garage would make the dogs upset and they might scratch up the door or something especially if it is something that I never ever had done before.Same here. I OFTEN drop off things for an older neighbour and I always leave it at the door.

Signed, Guilty of being a Guest & hoping that the Stollen download isn't repeating on anyone I'm sick to death of it.......but I believe it holds the key to Audrey's demise. Somehow........

all imo

Comments are within the quote itself.

:twocents:

Since PK knew Audrey had been ill, maybe he just thought she couldn't make it to the phone at that time and figured she would be home and just went over. Then since she didn't answer the door, he may have wanted to see if her car was in the garage and opened the garage. He was probably worried about her. He was not just a handyman but a friend.

<<< He was not just a handyman but a friend. >>>

And that comment in itself confuses me!

:moo:

Want to thank Hamilton Police Department, and in particular Det-Sgt Ian Matthews, for the one-year anniversary update he provided in Dec 2011. Wish I had seen it at the time.

It gives me a level of comfort knowing they are hard at work on this case. I also appreciate the glimpse Det-Sgt IM gave the public as to the direction of the investigation - someone known to AG.

I just wonder why he didn't include that in his narrative as it would be the prevailing emotion.

He makes it sound like there she was out of the blue maybe having slipped on ice not fainted from illness just like he had feared with her not being well and not answering the phone.

all imo

About phones - Audrey had a fairly large house and a LARGE property.

Did she only have ONE phone? That seems unlikely. Wouldn't Audrey want a phone handy at all times in case one of her dogs became ill? In my humble opinion, I'd say she had one landline and perhaps two portable phones. At least.....

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member