CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another article titled, "Defying Trends, Killings of Police Officers are on the Rise." from the NY Times dated April 9, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/10/u...-of-police-officers-are-on-the-rise.html?_r=0

"According to statistics compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, 72 officers were killed by perpetrators in 2011, a 25 percent increase from the previous year and a 75 percent increase from 2008."

It's really unfortunate that this thread is less about this particular situation and more about being rah-rah for LE no matter what (and yes, that's the way I see some of these posts).

In every situation, there can be things done by LE that are questionable or that can be learned from. Some people are trying to figure that out here and if anyone DARES to question what was done or try to figure out what CD was thinking, they are accused of being anti-LE.

Everything is open to question, including law enforcement actions, motives and reports of what happened. The criminal is the criminal and we don't hold them to the higher standard LE is supposed to exhibit, which is why nobody is really questioning what CD did.

Actually we've already been told by mods here not to bash LE and that's exactly what some people are doing. LE are victims here and victim bashing is against TOS. We aren't rah-rahing for LE no matter what, we are in agreement that they did the right thing yesterday and not standing by a mass murderer.

What about....

"Burn this MF "

"we’re gonna go forward with the plan, with — with the burn,”

“Copy 7, burners deployed. We have a fire.”

I'm not saying we have all the evidence of what transpired and when, just that we have this and it's not only ok to question, but a good idea.

As far as we know, it was something else or more than the incendiary tear gas/CS gas canisters.

I really don't see what's bad about if LE did set the house ablaze themselves. They gave them the opportunity to surrender. He refused and continued to fire upon LE. LE went through this for hours and darkness was approaching. It was stated that this would not go through the night, that night fall would give him a chance to escape and would endanger LE further. Setting a cabin ablaze would cause someone to come out of the house, forcing them to surrender. If he wants to be end his life instead of simply exiting a cabin then that's his deal. LE had no other choice or more lives could have been lost and there would be more families sitting at home without a father tonight. Oh how awful of LE, sheesh.

Normally, the maid's actions, which clearly led to Dorner's demise, would merely earn her the gratitude of the police force and the community. But this was hardly just any old criminal investigation. Three days ago, a group of local businesses, organizations, and private citizens, led by the Los Angeles mayor's office, cobbled together a record-breaking $1 million reward for information leading to Dorner's "arrest, apprehension, and conviction," in the words of Riverside County District Attorney Paul Zellerbach.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/02/maid-reward-million-dollar-dorner-lapd.html

Those pesky details....not very many people ever thought that he would be "convicted"...and he made it clear that he wouldn't be...

RIP Officer Jeremiah MacKay. :rose:

Michael Crain
Monica Quan
Keith Lawrence

The reason CD needed to be stopped!!! IMO

The question I have is WHY did he go to Big Bear?

Everyone knows you don't flee to small mountain communities (or small towns anywhere) if you are wanted and highly publicized. Plus who would want to drive in snow and deal with cold if they didn't have to?

Did he have a friend that told him he could go there and hide out for a while? Are charges pending for that friend?

I don't get it, maybe it was mentioned and I missed it?

“I figured he was back in the woods somewhere, but the guy was right across the street,” said Bruce Doucett, 55, a certified public accountant who lives in the same condominium complex as the unit where Dorner was said to be hiding. “All I can say is that it’s a bit unnerving.”

Doucett said the condo in question had been vacant and clean since Thursday, the last time a tenant was there for a vacation rental.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=649324

Everyone knows you don't flee to small mountain communities (or small towns anywhere) if you are wanted and highly publicized. Plus who would want to drive in snow and deal with cold if they didn't have to?

Did he have a friend that told him he could go there and hide out for a while? Are charges pending for that friend?

IIRC Dorner's friend JY (the one mentioned in the manifesto) owned property or his family had property there. Is that the real reason he went there? I have no clue..

I've been posing the same question all this time. Someone said because he went up there as a kid alot and that his mother had undeveloped property up there. With only 3 ways in and out, I thought it was suicide for him to be up there. That's why I thought he commandeered another vehicle and left the area.

I know. I was wondering that too. And what was the San Diego boat thing about?

In times of stress, people tend to gravitate to what they know. It is my understanding that Dorner's family had property on the mountain that they used to spend time at. It is therefore my guess, that he just went there without consciously even understanding why himself.

He also identified the San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy who was killed in a shootout as Detective Jeremiah MacKay.

The 35-year-old lived in Redlands with his wife, Lynette Quinata MacKay, a 7-year-old daughter and a 4-month-old son.

MacKay had worked for the department for 15 years, McMahon said. He had most recently been stationed in Yucaipa and had previously worked at the Big Bear station.

He was a 1995 graduate of Rim of the World High School in Lake Arrowhead, according to his Facebook page. MacKay also played the bagpipes and was a member of the Inland Empire Emerald Society.

A second deputy who was wounded was identified as Deputy Alex Collins. McMahon said Collins is expected to make a full recovery after a number of surgeries.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/report...anhunt-investigation-is-over-sheriff-says.ece

In times of stress, people tend to gravitate to what they know. It is my understanding that Dorner's family had property on the mountain that they used to spend time at. It is therefore my guess, that he just went there without consciously even understanding why himself.

That would make sense. The news media is saying it was because of "Badge Day" earlier in the week but that doesn't make sense. Family property does. Friends property does too.

Doesn't LE have the right to shoot/kill a fleeing felon if they reasonably believe he is a threat to other people? I think they could have justifiably shot him on sight if he ran out of the cabin. He did this to himself. He chose not to negotiate or even attempt to surrender. He knew what he was doing imo.

Fighting tears, the wife of slain Riverside police Officer Michael Crain said she will most miss the simple times with her husband.

Regina Crain said she loved the family's Sunday mornings, when she fixed her husband his favorite breakfast: eggs, bacon and, most important, hash browns, she said. He loved his hash browns.

Regina Crain said her husband went to his daughter's ballet classes and danced with her. Though he never played baseball, he learned the game so he could coach his son's team, she said.

While other people talked about having good relationships, "I felt like mine was perfect," she said. "It just seemed like a dream."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/deputy-wife-funeral-perfect-mate.html

Before the service ended, a photo slide show was shown backed by music from Flogging Molly, Hendrix, Clapton, Miranda Lambert and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Pictures included Crain riding a dirt bike, decorating a Christmas tree and with his wife and children.

“It's humbling,” Rialto Police Department Cpl. John Black said after the service. “One of our own died. And next week we’ve got to do it again.”

http://www.pe.com/local-news/rivers...neral-thousands-salute-ultimate-sacrifice.ece

What about....

"Burn this MF "

"we’re gonna go forward with the plan, with — with the burn,”

“Copy 7, burners deployed. We have a fire.”

I'm not saying we have all the evidence of what transpired and when, just that we have this and it's not only ok to question, but a good idea.

As far as we know, it was something else or more than the incendiary tear gas/CS gas canisters.

I dont think we know what "burn" means in LEO speak. We think we do, but we may not. It may mean something as simple as the tear gas canisters being fired. Or to tear gas the suspect.

I know. I was wondering that too. And what was the San Diego boat thing about?

Feb 11th article talking about that incident which occured on the 7th said:
After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards "at the San Ysidro Point of Entry" near the U.S.-Mexico border.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-ex-cop-may-got-help.html

Feb 12th article talking about same incident said:
An investigator working the case said that a wallet and identification cards belonging to Dorner were recovered last week at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, according to a federal complaint filed Thursday in Santa Ana.

That contradicts with what authorities said on Thursday, when it was reported that a shuttle bus driver turned over Dorner’s wallet, LAPD police badge and photo ID to San Diego police after a passer-by found them near Lindbergh Field.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/feb/12/dorner-hunt-big-bear/
Wed 13th Feb talking about previous days incident said:
Investigators have reportedly found Christopher Dorner's wallet beside charred human remains at the forest cabin where he made a last stand,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/13/christopher-dorner-wallet-found-cabin-reports

Well that's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members