100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question today about a straight razor was interesting. That neck wound. :(

How can a table knife from a regular kitchen set make such a perfect surgeon-like cut like that?

Why did JA make a huge point of explaining how Travis hadn't shaved and it was way too scratchy to do some nasty bizness -yet- the last picture of an alive Travis shows he was very cleanly shaved?

IMO there is another lie to be found in the whole Travis being clean shaven story.

But the picture of him shaving looks like a double edge razor(my hubby uses) vs a straight edged razor.

http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander/photos/30620591#{"ImageId":30620591}

JM wants to torment JA (just like she tormented Travis)... It must be something big, and that's why he keeps dangling it over her head... (He want get the "biggest bang for his buck" that he can!) ...he's blasting away at her false security and knocking the foundation of her defense out from under her...slowly chiseling it away... Slow and steady...all the while slipping her subtle clues that her whole world is about to come undone... And JA is wondering, what he knows and doesn't know..until this afternoon I think she still may have thought she could pull this off... But now she must be worried...I can't wait until next week!

Yep. I could tell from the very start on Thursday morning that she was more worried than usual. I think those juror questions shook her into reality, and she had all night to toss and turn and sweat about it. The jury is not buying all her crap and they're about to let her have it.

P.S. I can't believe a juror asked her about "hottie biscotti." WTH? This could be the one hold out, asking this inane question.

I keep seeing your references to the "stupid ponytail" and, quite frankly, I take offense to that! When I am not adorning myself with 50 curly swirly clippies, holding up my FRIZZ, I toss my hair up into what I hope is a respectable "Pebbles". (Or, as the Richgirls call it, The Waterfall. :floorlaugh:)

Anita, you are freakin' hilarious. If I'm in a hurry and quickly skimming posts, I always screech to a halt when I see your name. Thanks for the levity!

Me too. I didn't even think of it but it makes sense now. I just didn't understand how she could have done that with a regular knife, even a sharp one. But a straight razor, I can see... :( ugh...

So, she had three weapons. A gun, a knife and a straight razor. It's possible. One thing for sure, Travis was not going to live after Jodi's visit.

But the picture of him shaving looks like a double edge razor(my hubby uses) vs a straight edged razor.

Yes, that picture was taken a long time before June 4.

I don't know what is up with the whole shaving story but there's something there to be found.

I can't imagine any kitchen knife being able to do a one swipe ear-to-ear slice through someone's neck, almost to the spine. I can't imagine what it would take to do that. The wound on Travis's neck looks like it was just ONE slice. :( I hate that I'm typing this kind of stuff...and that JA has made my mind have to even go there!!!

She made a big point of how he hadn't shaved that day but the picture proves he did.

She used the 3rd gas can to burn the knife, gun, clothes and any other evidence.

-or-

She is not lying because she is not the brightest color in the crayola box, and returned the gas can for $$$ ?

I am 100% confident she used his straight razor for the stabbings/throat slit.

I wonder, why lie about the 3rd gas can? What is the consciousness of guilt there? Was she just being a brat by saying she didn't have a 3rd one, or is it something else? What did she do with it? Same with the razor. It seems that she used it in the attack (throat) and no one even knew until she started talking about the "old fashioned razor."

Thank you Stephanie Hart PI!!

Jodi hand-picked her car from the rental lot - a Ford Focus.

The Focus has a 13.5 gallon tank and gets approximately 28 MPG (combined City and Highway to be fair) for a total of approximately 378 miles per tank. (3) 5 gallon tanks, or enough for an additional 13.5 gallons would therefore allow you to drive approx 756 miles total.

The approximate distance between Pasadena, Travis' home in Mesa and I-15 in Nevada is 740 miles

Juan is proving Jodi had the 3rd gas can, enabling her to get to Travis' and back on her "supposed" CA to UT route without getting sidetracked in AZ.

She NEVER stopped for gas in Desert Center, CA and Buckeye, AZ as she claims. As this would have deviated from her So. Cal to Utah route. Besides, she wouldn't NEED to stop to fill up (as she testified to) after only driving 150 miles between each station.

Juan will demonstrate that she lied about Desert Center, lied about Buckeye and lied about the third gas can. The numbers are too perfect of a match and will prove premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm now 100% convinced now that Jodi will get the DP. It's over folks. This jury showed us yesterday - they aren't stupid.

Bumping because this was such an insightful post!

A serrated knife can cut a whole lot of things & very well, including a neck. Even a cheap serrated knife. just saying. I cook & haven't used knives in anyway to harm anyone but if I wanted to do damage, I know the butcher knife & the long serrated one would be my first two picks. The rest are steak knives mostly, oh and an apple peeler thing that lefthanders don't get? jmo

I'm not sure if this is possible, at least at this point in the trial without the defense having a heads up, but I'm wondering if JM has MM turning on JA saying she asked him to kill Travis? Maybe she went to him first and he said no, or she couldn't convince him too so she did it?

Sorry if this was already mentioned, or if I'm way off track but JM obviously has something over JA involving MM.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the murderess couldn't have brought a straight edge from her grandpa(!) or elsewhere with her. Or that Travis didn't have one that wasn't photographed, which she took with her, along with the gun and knife. (Because even if she used a razor, I still believe she needed a knife to inflict some of the wounds on his chest and back.)

When Jodi called Matt pretending to be suicidal and asking for his gun, she might have been hoping this would manipulate Matt into killing Travis for her. She told Matt all those lies and faked injuries for some reason. Hmmm.

Whoa and Matt seems to be the type JA would think she could easily manipulate!

A serrated knife can cut a whole lot of things & very well, including a neck. Even a cheap serrated knife. just saying. I cook & haven't used knives in anyway to harm anyone but if I wanted to do damage, I know the butcher knife & the lond serrated one would be my first two picks. The rest are steak knives mostly, oh and an apple peeler thing that lefthanders don't get? jmo

But if she'd used a serrated knife, you would be able to tell. He has stab wounds and lacerations. It would make a messier wound. His were too straight.

As a follow up to my earlier post, I just saw the bank statement that was presented this afternoon. Wow! The transaction immediately prior to the gas purchase in SLC is a gas purchase in Mesquite, NV!

Just as I suspected, she drove back to I-15 and filled up north of Las Vegas to cover for the So Cal to Utah alibi.

Assuming she had 13.5 gallons of gas in the car tank and 15 gallons in the 3 tanks, that's a total of 28.5 gallons. With a conservative estimate of 28 MPG in the Ford Focus, she had a range of approximately 800 miles

The distance from Pasadena to E. Mesa to Mesquite, NV - approximately 800 miles

If Juan puts a Walmart rep on the stand that testifies the receipt was never returned and also possibly that she was never identified on surveillance the day in question, she is officially toast.

Also - I used to live in Phoenix and have made the drive to SLC numerous times. NEVER did I go through Vegas to get to the I-15 The most direct route is I-17 through Flagstaff, Page, AZ and Kanab, UT. Furthermore, at the time Jodi made the drive, the Hoover Dam bypass wasn't complete. There would be significant delays at the dam (post 9/11) for security purposes. Nobody went this way in 2008. She wouldn't have had enough fuel on her to go through Kanab. She had to get to the I-15 "alibi route" as quickly as possible.
Bump.

Makes perfect sense. She even planned an "alibi route"

BBM
I'm not sure if this is possible, at least at this point in the trial without the defense having a heads up, but I'm wondering if JM has MM turning on JA saying she asked him to kill Travis? Maybe she went to him first and he said no, or she couldn't convince him too so she did it?

Sorry if this was already mentioned, or if I'm way off track but JM obviously has something over JA involving MM.

I will sleep, very soundly in my warm and comfy feather bed for the next 5 days whilst our murderess tosses and turns, wondering the same thing. Sometimes anticipation is a good thing! lol ;)

Nothing is impossible, until the very moment the clerk reads the jury's verdict. :)

I keep seeing your references to the "stupid ponytail" and, quite frankly, I take offense to that! When I am not adorning myself with 50 curly swirly clippies, holding up my FRIZZ, I toss my hair up into what I hope is a respectable "Pebbles". (Or, as the Richgirls call it, The Waterfall. :floorlaugh:)

I had a discussion with my daughter (23 years old) today regarding top ponies and made it clear that only girls under 5 years old can wear their hair that way. Once you are over that age, you must use a barrette to clip it back because that is how women who live "on the outside" do our hair. :yes:

The question today about a straight razor was interesting. That neck wound. :(

How can a table knife from a regular kitchen set make such a perfect surgeon-like cut like that?

Why did JA make a huge point of explaining how Travis hadn't shaved and it was way too scratchy to do some nasty bizness -yet- the last picture of an alive Travis shows he was very cleanly shaved?

IMO there is another lie to be found in the whole Travis being clean shaven story.

I definitely think you're onto something. There's always a method to her madness. All the other crazy stuff she's said somehow ties back with a purpose. Most stories are designed to cover-up one little thing.

Example: She elaborately fabricated having sex in his office just to cover-up why there was evidence that she'd cleaned herself up in the downstairs bathroom.

So the scratchy face bit makes me think TA, indeed, had an "old fashioned" razor around -- and she used it to slice his throat.

She used the 3rd gas can to burn the knife, gun, clothes and any other evidence.

-or-

She is not lying because she is not the brightest color in the crayola box, and returned the gas can for $$$ ?

I am 100% confident she used his straight razor for the stabbings/throat slit.

I'm surprised she didn't buy a gun, use it and return it.

what if MM did help and the state says that he won't be in trouble if he testifies against Jodi?? Can she really pull him 12 ft and sit him up in the shower alone??? Just a thought.

P.S. love your tag name. My hubby is a Steeler fan too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard