trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge is probably being very careful. Considering DT are pushing for mistrial every chance they get.

Man, this judge sure is defendant-sided based from what it seems!

We all know the mantra....

Death is different, death is different...

But I say...what about the "death" of the person who was murdered? I am sick and tired of the defendants having more rights than the victim.

So the good doctor was hired to make an evaluation of the defendant but he crossed the line and provided treatment (for her depression). Juan is making the argument that it Dr Samuels got personally involved with JA (he sent her cards!) and his testimony is biased. Hell yes it is!

Why would the Judge be pro defense? Is she pro-defense or anti-DP? I can't imagine being pro DT. There is nothing likable about any of them.

every time i see your sig i can't help but laugh til my sides are sore :floorlaugh:

The worst one that I know of was the DT seeking to preclude Travis being called a victim in trial.

WTF? If someone stabbed 29 times, nearly decapitated, shot in the head, and left to rot in the home he lovingly decorated himself (with Martha Stewart's help) isn't a victim then I might as well start wearing a crown and calling myself the Queen of England! (Instead of just on the weekends. :biggrin:)

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/JOnamesearch.asp?casenumber=CR2008031021 - Some motions can be found here but its bare skeletons, not a whole lot of context unfortunately.
I couldn't believe it myself and needed to re-read it many times!!!!!

So...the judge allows this "doctor" to testify about the crime scene, body strength, and other things not related to his expertise, but doesn't allow in the fact he sent cards to JA. Utter BS. I have given this judge the benefit of the doubt the entire trial, but my faith is diminishing. She allowed Travis's reputation to be dragged through the mud and now this?? It's not right, even if Juan Martinez brings it back home. It really makes me sad that the murderer has more rights than the victim.

This bozo has an answer for EVERYTHING that Jodi claims or doesn't claim!
Ya can't fault him for false advertisment....

Willmott is mimiking Jodi.... She's a sneaky little __ (You fill in the blank)

Willmott asked the Judged not to have "speaking objections". What is the alternative?

Just throwing this out there, but if Samuels sent cards to JA, wouldn't they have been screened by the jail and possibly copied or something? Not sure how that works. If the card was actually to Nurmi as he said, it wouldn't have gone through the jail system. If he says he didn't send cards and gifts and the records show he did, isn't he obviously shown to be a liar? Just thinking out loud......back to lurking.

Samuels talked about scratching head during a stressful situation so now Arias scratches her head. Or she has lice.

I think it was said scratching the head, which Nurmi does a lot too....means they want to be anywhere else but there....get me outta here! "caught in my own web of lies" Yes, Jodi scratches her head a lot...are those cold sores spreading?

No she's not at all.

I don't get the sense that she is pro-defense, but I do feel like she is in over her head. She just seems so "wishy washy" to me. Other trials that I've watched, I've always kind of understood why objections were sustained or over-ruled, but with her, I can't make sense of a lot of it. If you feel comfortable stating your opinion, what do you think about this judge?

I don't know how HLN with all their commercials isn't behind by hours, but I'm listening to Cnn and it's only about a couple of seconds behind. Amazing. I guess with all the sidebars they stay even.

All of the breaks help too.

Ah that's right!! But I didn't think it was det. Flores who conducted it? I thought it was Juan? Or am I confused??

It was Juan - I don't know why Flores would have it.

Don't worry guys. If we are frustrated by all this then I have to believe the jury is too. If we can see through it all I have to believe they can too. They seem like a smart bunch.

Why did Nurmi want off of the case?

Good question. She went through 2-3 other lawyers before him. He's tried very hard to be removed from the case (I think at least twice) but he was ordered to stay on by the judge.

I can see why he doesn't want to defend her, she even argued with him on the stand and that's her own attorney! Jodi thinks she's smarter than everyone in the room and she doesn't take advice very well it appears. She must be very difficult to represent. IMO.

Wilmont asked the Judged not to have "speaking objections". What is the alternative?

Sign language....that way JA can follow along. The fine taxpayers of AZ have paid for her to learn to sign. (No lie). Sickening but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member