Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope by verdict day we will be a sea of Blue Ribbon Justice for Travis avatars to show our WS Solidarity to Travis and family.

Your wish is my command. What a lovely idea to show our support and solidarity.
I just changed it and hope it shows up correctly in this post.

Overcharged? Oh no---huh uh. She earned the death penalty and she should get what she deserves. The death penalty is reserved just for vicious, evil people like what's-her-name. She killed him 3x and then killed his reputation in front of the world.

If she doesn't deserve the death penalty then Satan/Devil doesn't either.

I'm having a prob with the link, any idea when it happened, which video?
Thanks much!

Believe it was in JM rebuttal and not JM closing statements. Any one help us, or I'll try and find it tomorrow for you.

I don't think she will, but if there are a couple holdouts on the jury, it COULD be a compromise verdict. But if she does get 2nd degree, I would think the judge would,give her the maximum sentence allowed.

If we say a couple as in two, it seems unbelievable to me that 10 would be willing to back off murder 1. I could never live with myself- I'd rather hang it.

Maximum in Arizona for murder 2 is 20 years. With time served that would be 15. Seems incomprehensible for stabbing someone 29 times, cutting his throat to nearly decapitate him and shooting him in the head.

Pathetic for anyone to consider that second degree.

My responses are in red.Murder 2 isn't on the table, she tried to plead guilty to that and the prosecutor denied it because it is premeditated Murder 1, nothing less.

Murder 2 is on the table, along with manslaughter. The state did not accept her plea bargain to 2nd degree, but if the jury feels that is what she is guilty of, they can convict her of 2nd degree murder.

She did say when she stopped to get rid of gun, she noticed blood on her hands she used costco water from her trunk to wash them. I think she cleaned herself over poor Travis's body in the shower, God forbid I hope I'm wrong!

No doubt she did. She HAD to, otherwise, how could she have even left the house in daylight. And he had to be in the shower already, otherwise she's get bloodied again. That water cup would have helped her rinse herself too I guess.

OMG...that is terrifying, I can't believe I missed that. This person is a psychopath no one can convince me otherwise. I was totally shocked at the behaviour of JA and JW during Mr. Martinez' closing, it was sickening and should have been stopped. I do respect JSS except for stuff like that which should have been stopped by the judge. That video clip is going to give me serious nightmares tonight.

OMG, that just gave me shivers and I am on my way to bed. Yikes.:gasp:

Yes, ITA Juan Martinez does in fact ROCK! I, too found his closing arguments to be presented with such reverence and respect for Travis..and especially the respect that Juan has for Travis' siblings who have been there with him not only just throughout these last 4 months of trial..but rather Travis' siblings have been there through this for 5 long years with Juan preparing and pushing this to go to trial so that he could get justice for this family that he knows is long past due..

What I noted in closing arguments was Juan's having made a very real effort to go out of his way to show this uber reverence and respect toward this victim, Travis..as in to try to "right the wrong" that this evil murderer has gone about inflicting throughout the course of this trial.. I felt as tho Juan somehow wanted to express and show this man the dignity and respect that this evil murderer literally and figuratively stripped him of in both life and death.. As tho, to somehow put a proper end to her very literal reign of terror..and IMO Juan did this withOUT going out in a big, flashy bang type of way, but rather to bring to a close this nightmare with a restoration of respect for this man who more than deserves it..I felt as tho it was a perfectly fitting closure of sorts..it just felt "right"...it felt "good"..it felt like there was very real meaning to it and it was not just memorized words from a prosecutor to a jury... I don't know that I'm adequately describing what exactly I mean, but I can only say that it moved me and that I truly felt as tho it was a signifying of Travis' name, Travis' memory being set straight and brought back from the dark, depths of hell that the evil murderer had taken and dragged his name and memory down into in an all out effort to truly continue to slaughter Travis over and over and over..even in death.. I believe this affected Juan..I mean honestly how could that NOT affect someone who has been witness to what this evil individual has done to this victim physically in slaughtering him??...and then going about continuing to slaughter his name, his memory, and his legacy??.. I believe that this long drawn out nightmare with Jodi Arias at the helm has sparked an anger in Juan in his being a man who stands for what is "right".. I believe that he has made it part of his goal in not only successfully prosecuting and convicting Jodi of having murdered Travis...but equally as important was Juan's goal to attempt to somehow "right the wrong" where Travis' name and memory are concerned..and I personally believe that his closing argument was every bit as much about restoring that respect to Travis' name and memory..as much as it was about summing up to the jury Jodi's guilt of the premeditated murder of Travis.

I even got the sense that Juan was attempting to somehow even negate the nastiness, the dirtiness, the seediness of Kirk Nurmi's continually droning on for months about their sexual relationship...Kirk Nurmi's gross way he spoke about every aspect involving sex..the slang, crass, disrespectful way in which Nurmi over dramatized every tiny issue that he could dredge up regarding these grown adults sexual relationship.. I felt as tho Juan, in his closing arguments went out of his way to speak about their sexual relationship with such respect and dignity..even saying to the jurors that they knew that this couple had a sexual relationship and that this sexual relationship was "NORMAL" and that they didn't need the prosecutor to continue on and on with over zealous, salacious, dirty details of these two grown adult Individuals who had an equally consensual sexual relationship.. I really felt like he wanted to somehow take the skankinees.. The dirtiness of this young man's PRIVATE, perfectly normal, respectable sexual relationship, that Jodi, Nurmi, and her defense team had twisted and turned, spewed and spat out of their mouths day in and day out for over 4months ..I felt as tho, Juan wanted to get back to the "real" of it all, away from the seedy, dime store, bad sex novel that Jodi and Nurmi had created and fed to this jury..

I REALLY FELT AS THO JUAN MADE AN EFFORT TO RESTORE THE RESPECT AND DIGNITY TO TRAVIS' AND TRAVIS' MEMORY DURING HIS CLOSING ARGUMENTS.. ..AND IMO HE WAS SUCCESSFUL IN DOING SO and I know for me, the perfect stranger, it is very much appreciated..so, I can only imagine what it meant to Travis' family to have Juan take the time and effort to show such reverence and respect for their brother, Travis..after having witnessed the relentless disrespect, lies, and blasphemy that Jodi and her defense have spewed these past 4 months...

Jmo, but I'd say what Juan has done means the world to Travis' siblings and they have great respect and appreciation for Mr. Martinez fighting so damn hard, and with such fierceness for their brother, Travis...a young man who Mr. Martinez will never even have the chance to meet/know in this life.:(

Your post brings tears to my eyes. :tears:

Ex-Mormon (sometimes I think I should just put that in my sig).
I thought about that idea too, and may have put it in words on here or the JM support page on FB. But there's a few problems:

"Blood Atonement" is no longer practiced by the mainstream LDS. Maybe Warren Jeff or the LDS Plyg groups might still (not that they'd admit it).

The offending party (and his family) would be contacted by a member of the Bishopric and his companion (whoever he chose) to notify the individual of the "punishment" after it was deemed through a church court the individual had in fact violated a tenant of the church that required "the spilling of one's blood".

Often, the offending party would be required to dig his/her own grave. He (or she) would then dress in their Sunday best, an official statement would be read, the individual would confess their sin, and then be disemboweled (stem to stern), watch their entrails fall into the grave, and cut from ear to ear (the actual "atoning") usually in a place where they would fall INTO the grave.

John D. Lee, the only member of the Mountain Meadow's Massacre to be convicted, would probably be one of the only infamous Mormons NOT to be allowed the "Blood Atonement" because of his crimes, as directed by Brigham Young. But.....Lee was the patsy for that whole deal. There's many LDS members who are descendants of the, ahem, "Mormon Militia" that murdered 100-140 of the wagon train. (including my mom's 2nd husband who is a grandson of one of the "Militia")

Then you have the purported "Mormon Mafia"......rightttttt. In and out, no fuss, no muss, and don't leave a signature...and have your "patsy" kill themselves, ie, make it look like a homicide/suicide. My "jury" is still "out" on that particular rumor, "group", whatever, because I have seen a few "weird" deaths that make the mind wander. Nuf said on that.

So with that, I think it's truly a lonnnnngggggg shot. I think JA had something else planned and was rushed for time, or just had to get TA to be quiet.

:twocents:

Crazy you mention the Mountain Meadows Massacre... I don't know many people who know what I'm talking about when I mention it. All of my ancestors on my grandfather's side were killed except for one baby girl... I wouldn't be here otherwise! Some of my relatives were involved in providing info to make the movie that came out, but I haven't seen it (they yell at me often that I'm not more aware of this piece of family history, haha) Anyway, nice to meet ya since we are connected by this event!

Me too I thought its my imagination but I see I'm not the only one noticed and hopefully the. Jury seen it.

Ya know, we are seeing only a glimpse of pshyco jodie and we question what our eyes are seeing, I can only imagine the craziness she put TA through.

Well here is a cheerful little read about protocol/procedures for carrying out the death penalty, especially the part about what happens in the month before the day of execution and how they are even more confined and such. Interesting read. Quite a lot of pomp and circumstance to say goodbye to Jodi. Buhbye Jodi!!

http://www.azcorrections.gov/policysearch/700/0710.pdf

I wonder what she was thinking as she did it....reliving it in her mind? On second thought, I would prefer NOT to think about what is on that mind.

I did not see this but during Nurmi's closing when he showed the jury pictures of items found in the washing machine, I noticed that she just stared coldly for a long period of time at her monitor. As if she was remembering these items and who knows going over her actions that day. Totally creepy.

:waiting: is it Monday yet?

No...time is slowing down it seems. I hope the jury comes to a decision on Monday and its Murder 1. With 8 men on the Jury though, I'm thinking they won't give her the Death Penalty. Nevermind, just hurry with the Guilty please!:please:

With all these jitters waiting for the verdict, went to HLN to read some of the 805+ stories they have on the case. Just when you think you've heard it all I saw a video of one of Travis' friends talking about how Jodi chased her car trying to get to Travis when he needed some free time away from her when they first started dating because she needed to know where he was 24/7! Has anyone else heard this? LOL

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/02/travis-friend-jodi-ran-after-our-car

Hadn't heard that one before.

O/T

:seeya: Hi Dolly! Long time no 'see'.

How do I do that? I want a ribbon too!
Right click on ribbon and save URL
Look ^^^ for (User CP) click on it * it is under "verdict watch" on this page.
<<< Look over there for (Edit Avatar) click that
Scroll down and you will see a space for URL right click again
and paste there.
Scroll down a little farther and hit "save"

Then go back to the page you were on.

If she doesn't deserve the death penalty then Satan/Devil doesn't either.

If she had planned to kill him and had stabbed him in the heart and left him to die, that would be one thing. But she stabbed him in the heart, watched him attempt to crawl away like a wounded, dying animal, slashed his throat so deep she almost decapitated him, and then dragged his lifeless body into the shower and shot him in the head. LWOP is for bad people. The Death Penalty is reserved for evil people who do unspeakable acts---like what's- her- name

I heard a story on HLN about Travis driving off in a car at a Mormon retreat to take a break from Jodi's 'attention' .. once she saw him in the car driving off she ran after it like a dog! Stories like that, matched with these pictures paint the real Jodi I'm thinking.

How good are the pics .. can we get a thread for whackiest court moments where we can post these and clips?

The thread idea is good as long as it is liberally sprinkled with with cute GIFS like Weebles provides. Too many demonic JA pics and throat-slash gesture vids would give me nightmares. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa