SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked the 12 news channel and there is no live feed. They said they would post a link as soon as it is on the web.

Fair enough. I just find it odd he was having a hard time finding a wife at his age.

I don't normally talk about my personal affairs but I don't understand your statement. I didn't get married until I was 32. (Got divorced 8 yrs later but that's beside the point) I had no idea I married a con artist :(

www_MyEmoticons_com__smokelots.gif
It worked!
acigar.gif

I don't normally talk about my personal affairs but I don't understand your statement. I didn't get married until I was 32. (Got divorced 8 yrs later but that's beside the point) I had no idea I married a con artist :(
Heck, my son is 30 and unmarried. He's NOT looking just yet. Fine by me!

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 27m

She wanted the death penalty for #JodiArias. Juror No. 6 describes deliberations in an EXCLUSIVE int @ 10 on @12news pic.twitter.com/BPxx2hJ3rf

Personally, I think she is entirely too lazy to try to escape. It's easier for her to manipulate others to actually work and perform tasks.

She was lazy. Travis reminded her of that, too. She was so pi$$ed off that he rejected her and then he had the audacity of expecting her pay him back for the car that she destroyed. She would have no part of that, by gawd. I remember her testifying that one time she went to his house and how she usually just kicked back on the couch downstairs...Except Travis had been cleaning the floors and had the couch blocked off by the chairs he had propped up. That really ticked her off.

I just checked the 12 news channel and there is no live feed. They said they would post a link as soon as it is on the web.

Right, Chris Williams posted on his twitter that there was no live stream but it would be on the web at some point -- probably after editing (?)

the verbal and emotional abuse were indisputable. It was there in black and white in emails, text messages, and recorded conversations....we heard and read the ups and downs of the toxic relationship.

In order to get an objective, impartial, complete and accurate picture of that relationship, you would have to read all 80,000 messages between them, not handpicked snippets that were taken out of context.

From the snippets that were shown in court and the dancing around what was in e-mails, I saw initially a couple in the midst of a fight. And when a relationship is headed south and fights develop, sorry but I've yet to see one of those fights conducted using Emily Post's Book of Etiquette.

Out of 80,000 communications, all the DT could come up with were two instances? Eighty thousand texts and e-mails and those two portions (not even complete messages) were presented as evidence of an abusive relationship? Even ALV acknowledged on the stand that she didn't have the complete messages so she couldn't trace it back to what started it. :rolleyes:

And if I'm not mistaken, Travis said in one of the messages that whatever it was CMja has written on another man's Facebook page made her look slutty or whorish, can't remember the exact word. Can't say how many parents I've heard send their daughters back upstairs to change because the outfits made them look cheap or trashy.

Should we call DSS on the parents. :rolleyes:

I thought that what the foreman had to say was sensible.....he like you didn't buy that it wasn't premeditated. He saw the epic pain of the family and the tragic killing of a young man.....but he also was able to acknowledge that she was emotionally abused. That isn't an excuse, but it is a factor to consider in the sentencing phase IMO. All of the sum and substance of the prior jury decisions would have been served with a Life Sentence without possibility of parole.
MOO

If she gets LWOP, once she is deposited into general population, she is going to learn what emotional/verbal abuse actually is and it isn't being called "Pollyanna" as she testified.

The day it's reported on the news that she's been taken to hospital for injuries she's suffered in Perryville ... we'll know her Hell is just beginning. So I'll be ok with LWOP because she'll be wishing for the days when the only abuse she ever suffered was when Travis admonished her "whorish" behavior on Facebook.

It looks like Juan should be looking for female jurors, his next go 'round. I always knew we were the smarter sex.:rockon:

Not disagreeing with you AA, but here are my thoughts:

If a guy consistently had sacred sex with me but wasn't committing to me and lying to people about us, i'd feel like an object.

BBM

I think she treated him like an object - an object to give her kids, a house, and family life. She didn't care what was inside his soul. It's exactly like his said - dildo with a heartbeat. Except she didn't really want him for the sex, the sex was just a means to her end...the end being the house, kids, and family life, oh and money too. And the fake-attention to him was also the means to this end. Everything was fake. Everything was for her one goal: to fulfill the image she had in her imagination of what she wanted her life to be like.

He did not treat her like an object, IMO. He did not fake his feelings for her, whether in good times or bad. He did not lavish her with fake attention. He was real with her. When he talked to her on the phone, he was real. When he let her borrow his car, he was real. When he let her enter his house whenver she wanted and make herself at home in HIS house, he was real. When he went on trips with her, he was real. When he listened to her never-ending drama on the phone, he was real and his listening and attentivenes were real. When he offered her advice, it was real. WHen he loaned her money, it was for a real purpose to help her. When he let her come into his life and introduced her to his friends, it was real.

I feel strongly, very strongly, that Travis cared for JA on a very human level. I firmly firmly believe that if they had stopped having a sexual relationship, he would have stayed friends with her and helped her and cared about her. Genuine care, not fake like CMJA's "care."

No, they did not treat each other as objects. The objectification was only one-way...from CMJA to Travis.

It looks like Juan should be looking for female jurors, his next go 'round. I always knew we were the smarter sex.:rockon:

Not saying that alot of men dont see right through her, but sometimes women see thru other women much quicker than men do jmo

I would be assume because of his stoic nature that runs deep. My father always said: "It's the silent ones you gotta worry about". :angel:

I wonder how the jurors decided on the foreman? They couldn't really base it on opinions about the trial. I guess it would have to be based on personal preference from just being around each other during lunch and breaks. I do believe the jury foreman is fairly well known in the Phoenix area so maybe that is why he was picked.

Not saying that alot of men dont see right through her, but sometimes women see thru other women much quicker than men do jmo

I totally agree. I believe in women's intuition. So far, in this trial, it seems to be the case. I guess we'll just have to see, after all the jurors have been interviewed. I still have faith in some of the men, too. :twocents::moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53