The Death of Wayne Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see a link for DM on ancestry or DNA geneology website. I wondered why he was on there. will try to find the link
That was actually discussed back in the DM thread quite early in the investigation. WW was looking for his father by the name of WM about 2 weeks after DM signed up for the DNA website. Lots of info back in those original threads. I think if you search dna DM those threads will come up!

I am an avid genealogy gal, and although I am unfamiliar with this site in particular, they are usually ( IMO) used for two purposes.. I could be totally off on this, but have spoken to a few relatives in regards to getting into it.

#1: People who submit to find their region... Basically you can find what your genetic ethnicity is and then do All the leg work and are notified IF others match your general line ( whom submit as well)

#2: people who already have proof of the line but need extra confirmation....a direct male descendant is needed. I have this problem in one line. I know it is connected, but not recorded in paperwork and no living man with the funds to submit. Serious genealogy is a bit like this site.... Back up your statements with proof!!!

I can see both of these scenarios as a reason to submit. 1, male looking for father Wayne and 2, trying to confirm chief Joseph Brant as an ancestor.

Thanks. My first day on this site. Yes... I have to do catch up reading before making comments! If DM had an inkling, that turned into proof, of a half sibling, that may be cause enough to require insuring his inheritance. I recall reading that CM said DM didn't want to get into the family business, that he was interested in cooking! What IF this half sibling was into aviation, or business... a hard worker?? He IS older.... Someone needs to contact the gf of WM. Her name Was in the comments section of the obit, which is now gone.

Suicide from a gun shot to the eye is suspicious to me. JMO

Who stood to benefit from the death of Wayne Millard? Was Dellen the only "heir" to his company, properties and money?

MOO but I think a suicide by gunshot is commonplace as far as suicides go. Usually a shot to the head. The fact that it was in the eye area is not really surprising IMO, especially if the man/woman had been drinking. The aim would not be as accurate as if sober IMO. Also the jolt from a shot could have sent it off course. Add to that the possibility of shooter being inebriated and you have a random fatal shot JMO but I see nothing odd about it ... JMO MOO

Thanks. My first day on this site. Yes... I have to do catch up reading before making comments! If DM had an inkling, that turned into proof, of a half sibling, that may be cause enough to require insuring his inheritance. I recall reading that CM said DM didn't want to get into the family business, that he was interested in cooking! What IF this half sibling was into aviation, or business... a hard worker?? He IS older.... Someone needs to contact the gf of WM. Her name Was in the comments section of the obit, which is now gone.

I am sure WM had at least a will (and I'm sure a trust) that specified he had one issue (meaning child) and also a contest clause wherein it is stated that anyone who contests the will/trust, will receive $1.00. If DM should have a half sibling, then the onus is on the half sibling to try to get his/her share. The chances of prevailing are fat, slim and none.

OR what if the other potential sibling was annoyed about not inheriting anything?? Whose to say there is not an aggrieved 'other' out there....JMO that there could be something other than the obvious... IMO MOO

This may have already been mentioned but did anyone do any research into the Elizabeth Glass fund that was set up by WM prior to his death?

I can't really find any info about the fund other than the fund's mention in the WM obit.

I am wondering how much money it raised and what the money was used for.

Private funds/foundations are kept private Kaley. They do not need to disclose anything. IMO I dont think it is relevant to anything. But thats just MOO/JMO

MOO but I think a suicide by gunshot is commonplace as far as suicides go. Usually a shot to the head. The fact that it was in the eye area is not really surprising IMO, especially if the man/woman had been drinking. The aim would not be as accurate as if sober IMO. Also the jolt from a shot could have sent it off course. Add to that the possibility of shooter being inebriated and you have a random fatal shot JMO but I see nothing odd about it ... JMO MOO

There was a gun in a photo that was taken through the window of the house early in the investigation. It's probably posted in the photos thread. If the gun in the photo was the gun WM used, then it would be odd indeed. The gun seemed to be a hunting rifle, not a handgun. Can a person shoot himself in the eye with a hunting rifle? Don't try it to find out!! It's just a theoretical question.

The crazy thought that came to my mind talking about potential siblings/half-siblings of DM... There's no possible way that <modsnip> was somehow the half-sibling or related to the half-sibling?!

That would make a pretty good motive. But pretty far-fetched I guess.

There was a gun in a photo that was taken through the window of the house early in the investigation. It's probably posted in the photos thread. If the gun in the photo was the gun WM used, then it would be odd indeed. The gun seemed to be a hunting rifle, not a handgun. Can a person shoot himself in the eye with a hunting rifle? Don't try it to find out!! It's just a theoretical question.

I would imagine WM had more than just a hunting rifle at his disposal tbh. If police at the time had thought it were a hunting rifle that was used, I suspect they would have thought it were as odd as you find it. But they didnt appear to.. as the death proceeded to cremation etc.

I guess anything is possible if you are determined. Maybe he was cleaning his gun...who knows eh.... but like I said IMO/MOO I think it was straight up suicide.

I would imagine WM had more than just a hunting rifle at his disposal tbh. If police at the time had thought it were a hunting rifle that was used, I suspect they would have thought it were as odd as you find it. But they didnt appear to.. as the death proceeded to cremation etc.

I guess anything is possible if you are determined. Maybe he was cleaning his gun...who knows eh.... but like I said IMO/MOO I think it was straight up suicide.
I would tend to agree with you on the suicide, however the fact that the Coroners office is still investigating 6 months after the fact, even after TPS closed the book on it, causes me to question it. As in my previous post...why? People die all the time from self inflicted gunshot wounds to the head. What was there about this suicide that didn't jive with the Coroners office? I've come up with 2 theories. The angle of the wound didn't make sense or perhaps the time of death didn't make sense, meaning they may have felt that WM was already dead at the time of the gun shot wound. Now, when you factor in TPS searching the farm in concern to WM's death...that's were I pull a blank. As previously mentioned, TPS would not be able to get a search warrant if they didn't have a good reason.

New Toronto SUN story is up!

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30...m-bosma-killer

According to this article a stolen Harley was found inside the hangar along with "hundreds of vehicles" (I wonder if that is an exaggeration).

Note the Harley was stolen just a couple of month's after WM's death. If WM had been alive it is unlikely that he would have permitted the Hangar to be used as a cover for a major auto theft ring. If he was murdered I think we just found our motive!

I would tend to agree with you on the suicide, however the fact that the Coroners office is still investigating 6 months after the fact, even after TPS closed the book on it, causes me to question it. As in my previous post...why? People die all the time from self inflicted gunshot wounds to the head. What was there about this suicide that didn't jive with the Coroners office? I've come up with 2 theories. The angle of the wound didn't make sense or perhaps the time of death didn't make sense, meaning they may have felt that WM was already dead at the time of the gun shot wound. Now, when you factor in TPS searching the farm in concern to WM's death...that's were I pull a blank. As previously mentioned, TPS would not be able to get a search warrant if they didn't have a good reason.

I dont think they were still investigating, I think they said it was still open, if anyone has any links to the contrary maybe they can post. TIA... Suicides are often left open for a period of time in some places, however not sure about Ontario. Search warrants can be obtained with minimal 'suggestion' of a crime IMO. Any warrant obtained now would be in conjunction with the murder of TB, if other crimes are found que sera sera. Warrant disclosures are often a long time coming for some reason.... like they have to tidy them up a bit before presenting to Crown ;-) JMO

Thanks for your theories, I guess time will tell :)

According to this article a stolen Harley was found inside the hangar along with "hundreds of vehicles" (I wonder if that is an exaggeration).

Note the Harley was stolen just a couple of month's after WM's death. If WM had been alive it is unlikely that he would have permitted the Hangar to be used as a cover for a major auto theft ring. If he was murdered I think we just found our motive!
Your link wouldn't work for me. Let's try this one.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30/stolen-harley-found-on-property-of-accused-tim-bosma-killer

I hadn't read this one before. It says, "The company is awaiting its AMO (approved maintenance organization) certification from Transport Canada, but Millard hopes to be up and running by the beginning of November."

You don't do all this and then shoot yourself. IMO unless you're having a bad day or are drunk or high. IMO

Can't figure out how to link the pdf

Maybe he was both !!! Also JMO but what if OC is involved and had informed him that they would be taking a nice big chunk of his profits and would deal with anyone who stood in their way ! Just a thought..... but it happens, more than we realize IMO

Tx Kevin-this is so sad to hear. WM built that hangar as a multi million dollar AMO .. in a 50,000 square foot hangar..an acre of land is 43560 square feet (approx 200' x 200') but if the average car needs an 18 x 8.5 foot parking space, then 1 car would take up 153 square feet, so mathematically, they could have 200 cars in there and still have 20,000 square feet, and that's if everything is on the ground floor. IMO, all the theories about DM getting set up are going out the door quickly.

Tx Kevin-this is so sad to hear. WM built that hangar as a multi million dollar AMO .. in a 50,000 square foot hangar..an acre of land is 43560 square feet (approx 200' x 200') but if the average car needs an 18 x 8.5 foot parking space, then 1 car would take up 153 square feet, so mathematically, they could have 200 cars in there and still have 20,000 square feet, and that's if everything is on the ground floor. IMO, all the theories about DM getting set up are going out the door quickly.

It will be interesting to learn how many stolen vehicles were found inside the hangar. The description of "hundreds" seems almost unbelievable but as you noted it is physically possible to store 100's of cars inside a big hangar.

If there were hundreds of stolen vehicles are they still inside the hangar? I don't think that we saw hundreds of vehicles being taken off the site in trailers.

Since DM is not mechanically inclined he would have needed lots of help for such a large chop-shop. Possibly MS worked for him as we know he worked on cars but who else is out there? They may not be involved in any murder(s) but they could be charged as part of this auto theft ring. Surprised we haven't seen any arrests related to this theft ring since I would think LE would have identified who else was working inside the Hangar after WM's demise.

Since DM is not mechanically inclined he would have needed lots of help for such a large chop-shop. Possibly MS worked for him as we know he worked on cars but who else is out there? They may not be involved in any murder(s) but they could be charged as part of this auto theft ring. Surprised we haven't seen any arrests related to this theft ring since I would think LE would have identified who else was working inside the Hangar after WM's demise.

DM may have had people working on the cars whom had no idea the cars were stolen. The people who worked on the cars could possibly be oblivious to the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500