Motive: The Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just break into his garage when he wasn't home and steal the damn thing. For that matter, with the sort of mark up you're talking about, why not just buy it flat out and resell it overseas? Lack of money is hardly a prohibitive object in this case.

Their fee's for the theft may have been exactly what the price of the truck was to buy. I could see 20K being a very realistic price in getting the truck from the owners driveway to a shipping container. To the final owner of the truck overseas...to them it makes no difference if it was bought or stolen as they are paying the same price for the truck eventually once it is in there own hands (in most cases the final buyer of the truck would have no idea how it actually got to their country).

Killing TB easily could have been an accident as a struggle happened while trying to kick him out of the vehicle or something else and they had no plans of taking a body back to the farm that night. Also, if you look at that incinerator...it was actually on the small size as that model was built for chickens and small animals which is why it possibly didn't do a complete incineration job on the body where as a larger model for Hogs or Cattle may have. The incinerator he had may just have been the perfect size in the past for getting rid of documents and vehical info just like mentioned in previous posts.

Also, if you look at that incinerator...it was actually on the small size as that model was built for chickens and small animals which is why it possibly didn't do a complete incineration job on the body where as a larger model for Hogs or Cattle may have. The incinerator he had may just have been the perfect size in the past for getting rid of documents and vehical info just like mentioned in previous posts.

Just to take up this point for a sec, RyeGuy - has there been any confirmation that the incinerator was used to dispose of TB? The last I've found in the way of detailed reports on the subject is still online at http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/16/police-seize-large-incinerator-from-property-of-suspect-in-tim-bosmas-murder/ but there may have been later updates to that information.

Investigators have discovered a large industrial incinerator on the property of the man accused of Tim Bosma’s murder, fuelling speculation of a gruesome end for the Ancaster father.

~respectfully snipped~ interesting theory and quite possible!

Oh, and the shopping cart, that is how you move a body from one part of the hangar to the other. Or from one part of the farm or barn, to the other side. JMO

Shopping cart wheels can barely make it around the grocery store on smooth floors and would definitely be useless with any kind of weight on soil or grass. The hanger to move engines and other heavy parts which would have been more useful at moving a body than a shopping cart :moo:

I don't remember seeing Smich in any of the Hangar photos. I'm not sure he is a body shop/mechanic either. Why was he on the truck runs with DM (TB and the man from the day before)? What was in it for him? Was the new truck/engine mashup going to be a gift vehicle for him? It seems to me that DM's friends all got vehicles somehow from him (use of the Hangar to build them, trips to the states to acquire vehicle and bring them back). Why is Smich involved at all?

Easy weak target to help be a drug runner? It was reported he looked like he was coming down from a high at his first court appearance. I know drugs have been mentioned here before but nothing confirmed other then speculation.
People prey on the weak, to me MS appears to be such. Graffiti charges at his age? Come on *eye roll*

Just to take up this point for a sec, RyeGuy - has there been any confirmation that the incinerator was used to dispose of TB? The last I've found in the way of detailed reports on the subject is still online at http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/16/police-seize-large-incinerator-from-property-of-suspect-in-tim-bosmas-murder/ but there may have been later updates to that information.

Investigators have discovered a large industrial incinerator on the property of the man accused of Tim Bosma’s murder, fuelling speculation of a gruesome end for the Ancaster father.

There was a post and info a week or two ago about the actual model # of the device. After going to the manufactures website I found it was one of the smaller machines they make and was meant for smaller animals (Chicken farmers and Vet clinics). I am sure someone on here can pull up that info about the model number? I can't seem to find it right now!

I am wondering if they did not use incinerator and just set truck seats and TB on fire with fuel and left the farm...why would they want to risk being caught there operating an incinerator in the middle of the night..if the incinerator was used then the body would have been inside and reports of discovering the body does not sound like it was inside the incinerator..like you said it was not a big incinerator and it would be difficult to drag a body with 2 people up onto the trailer and inside (if it was only DM and MS). It seems to me they left in a hurry from the farm assumed the body was burned and never returned back, otherwise why not bury what was left or dispose of it properly so not to be found. They did this on Monday evening and he was arrested Friday evening, there were 5 days in between that they could have covered evidence alot better at the farm but they did not. I wish police would just confirm weather incinerator was used or it wasnt and end all this speculation.

Earlier Tuesday, Hamilton Police Chief Glenn DeCaire gave the grim news that Bosma’s body had been found. Investigators have been searching several locations and found a body, he said.

“They are convinced by the totality of the evidence that these are the remains of Tim Bosma,” DeCaire said. “The evidence indicates the remains have been burned.”

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/3246435-bosma-found-dead-in-waterloo-region/

found it. It was the SN250 and google SuperNova Manufacturing for the information on the specs. It had a 12"x20" loading door which is quite small in my opinion.
Also it has a 250lbs capacity but these things are said to be alot more efficient in smaller volumes.

I've been trying to watch this "Live Draw" of the various class positions for the 2013 Baja 500 to see if Dellen had a position selected but was then the team that withdrew from the race. In 2009 and 2011 he was running in Class 3, so that would be fairly far along in this telecast. The video keeps freezing up as I try to watch it. Maybe someone has a better internet connection than I do, and can find the names of the Class 3 competitors. I think there were only 3 or 4 entrants this year. They start the draw in the lower classes, around number 22 and work their way up to Class 1 and the top being the Trophy Truck category. 160 some entrants in all...

Anyway, here's the link if anyone's interested in watching some rather tedious video.

http://score-international.com/2913-tecate-score-baja-500-positions-draw-fiesta-live/

Here's a link where the incinerator is mentioned :

Police investigate incinerator's role in Tim Bosma slaying

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2013/05/16/20829241.html

Thanks Coldpizza. QMI Agency, btw, is the Sun Media's national newswire. Inferences intended. I hadn't saw this story before but like most from this source it makes the most astonishing, vague, provocative declarations without a single named source anywhere.

"Police will allege one of these Georgia-built animal incinerators was used in an attempt to dispose of the murdered remains of husband and father of two." What is the source of this information? When and why will the police be making these allegations? When did SB have another child?

The revelation that his body was made to disappear through an incinerator is macabre. Yes, it certainly would be. Who confirmed this revelation?

The bold comments are MOO, of course. It seems to me we have a higher requirement for reliable sources here on WS than some MSM. This kind of sloppy journalism is particularly troubling imo because so many people absorb this information into an understanding of the crime until it seems to become the truth, imo.

I haven't had the faintest idea about whether DM and/or MS carried out the murder of TB and/or whether others may have been involved - only that TB's burned remains were found at the farm. Now, however, as we search back through the information available, there appears to be no confirmation that the incinerator was used to dispose of anybody's body and the ashes collected were those identified as belonging to TB based only on the "totality of the evidence" (according to Kavanaugh). What is going on?

Thanks Coldpizza. QMI Agency, btw, is the Sun Media's national newswire. Inferences intended. I hadn't saw this story before but like most from this source it makes the most astonishing, vague, provocative declarations without a single named source anywhere.

"Police will allege one of these Georgia-built animal incinerators was used in an attempt to dispose of the murdered remains of husband and father of two." What is the source of this information? When and why will the police be making these allegations? When did SB have another child?

The revelation that his body was made to disappear through an incinerator is macabre. Yes, it certainly would be. Who confirmed this revelation?
The bold comments are MOO, of course. It seems to me we have a higher requirement for reliable sources here on WS than some MSM. This kind of sloppy journalism is particularly troubling imo because so many people absorb this information into an understanding of the crime until it seems to become the truth, imo.

I haven't had the faintest idea about whether DM and/or MS carried out the murder of TB and/or whether others may have been involved - only that TB's burned remains were found at the farm. Now, however, as we search back through the information available, there appears to be no confirmation that the incinerator was used to dispose of anybody's body and the ashes collected were those identified as belonging to TB based only on the "totality of the evidence" (according to Kavanaugh). What is going on?

Although I agree with you on the frustration considering sources and info.

There is no mandate legal or otherwise for a reporter to name his/her source. It is only a good practice to do so. One must 1) take ithe info. with a grain of salt or 2)rely on the reputation of the reporter and agency.

When did SB have another child?

Early on I remember hearing from one media source (I forget who now) that SB was expecting...I only ever heard that once until there was just mention of it here again.

Maybe MS is talking now since if this is (pure speculation I want to add )the way it went down, LE has explained all this to him and he may be beginning to realize how he was set up. Just my own opinion as I obviously have way too much time on my hands.

Oh, and the shopping cart, that is how you move a body from one part of the hangar to the other. Or from one part of the farm or barn, to the other side. JMO

I would not think a shopping cart would be ideal for moving a corpse. For example all dead bodies leak fluids from every orifice. The body no longer has muscle control and everything escapes. Therefore when a body dies in hospital it is 'packed' by the nurse. I doubt very much in this case that anyone took the time to do what can take 30 minutes to do. Plastic or a tarp would be the only viable way to transport a body that has expired without leaving a trail of fluid that would be picked up by a tracker dog who could no doubt follow the scent. I actually have a hunch that TB was taken to farm in a totally different vehicle from his truck or the SUV.

[/B]

I would not think a shopping cart would be ideal for moving a corpse. For example all dead bodies leak fluids from every orifice. The body no longer has muscle control and everything escapes. Therefore when a body dies in hospital it is 'packed' by the nurse. I doubt very much in this case that anyone took the time to do what can take 30 minutes to do. Plastic or a tarp would be the only viable way to transport a body that has expired without leaving a trail of fluid that would be picked up by a tracker dog who could no doubt follow the scent. I actually have a hunch that TB was taken to farm in a totally different vehicle from his truck or the SUV.

I agree with you. DM does not want to be implicated in anything so the Yukon would be clean. His henchman does the dirty work.JMO

found it. It was the SN250 and google SuperNova Manufacturing for the information on the specs. It had a 12"x20" loading door which is quite small in my opinion.
Also it has a 250lbs capacity but these things are said to be alot more efficient in smaller volumes.

I did a quick measurement, and according to the loading door size, I would fit but I'm smaller than TB. From the site supernovamfg.com/250.html the chamber capacity is only 12 cubic feet which works out to about 2' x 2' x 3'. The loading door if at the end would work for burning a smaller body under 6' height if cut in half (sorry to be so graphic) BUT from what I can see the loading door is at the top so a body would have to be lifted up and into the incinerator rather than pushed in. Wasn't there a backhoe found on the farm as well? It could have been used to lift something into the incinerator. I also noted that it burns 100 lb per hour meaning if the incinerator was used it would have had to be running for a least a couple of hours plus the time to get to temperature.

First of all, it has never been stated by any authority that the remains were in the form of "ashes".

Secondly, numerous links were provided about a week ago, and in the weeks prior, to show the coroner's office was continuing its investigation of the remains at the time the "totality of evidence" statement was made. I spent a good deal of time putting the links together. You can search for them in this forum.

Nowhere has it been stated, indicated or implied by any authority that "totality of the evidence" was the final word on the matter.

Finally, it has never been stated by any authority that the body was burned in the incinerator.

I did a quick measurement, and according to the loading door size, I would fit but I'm smaller than TB. From the site supernovamfg.com/250.html the chamber capacity is only 12 cubic feet which works out to about 2' x 2' x 3'. The loading door if at the end would work for burning a smaller body under 6' height if cut in half (sorry to be so graphic) BUT from what I can see the loading door is at the top so a body would have to be lifted up and into the incinerator rather than pushed in. Wasn't there a backhoe found on the farm as well? It could have been used to lift something into the incinerator. I also noted that it burns 100 lb per hour meaning if the incinerator was used it would have had to be running for a least a couple of hours plus the time to get to temperature.

The unit would need an electrical power supply to be as efficient as advertised rates. Appearing to be found in or near the "woods" would infer no electrical power meaning inefficiencies in burn rate/hr if you know what I mean.

There should begin to be mounting evidence at this point in time to determine where, when and how the murder was committed. Other test results would likely refine that data into who is the actual killer(s) and narrow the parameters of where, when and how. Some of that might already be known after initial inspection of the body and could be why they were looking in the weeds/woods, near where MS was arrested, for a weapon.

First of all, it has never been stated by any authority that the remains were in the form of "ashes".

Secondly, numerous links were provided about a week ago, and in the weeks prior, to show the coroner's office was continuing its investigation of the remains at the time the "totality of evidence" statement was made. I spent a good deal of time putting the links together. You can search for them in this forum.

Nowhere has it been stated, indicated or implied by any authority that "totality of the evidence" was the final word on the matter.

Finally, it has never been stated by any authority that the body was burned in the incinerator.

Well I guess there would be a few ashes if something is burned. I believe they said he was burned. I think releasing the information about an incinerator was actually tantamount to provocative suggestion IMO. I believe a thread was even started on here about the incinerator, so I gather it was sufficiently acknowledged to be a part of the investigation if not the crime. Many people posted about the atrocity of the relation of the incinerator to the murder whether or not it was actually used.

IMO I feel that so much information has been suggested, if not stated as fact, without proof by LE, that it is safe to say that we have been handed many virtual carrots. This is JMO as I find many inconsistencies surrounding this case simply MOO

Well I guess there would be a few ashes if something is burned. I believe they said he was burned. I think releasing the information about an incinerator was actually tantamount to provocative suggestion IMO. I believe a thread was even started on here about the incinerator, so I gather it was sufficiently acknowledged to be a part of the investigation if not the crime. Many people posted about the atrocity of the relation of the incinerator to the murder whether or not it was actually used.
There is no "incinerator" thread in this forum specifically because it was never "acknowledged to be a part of the investigation" in any tangible way.
IMO I feel that so much information has been suggested, if not stated as fact, without proof by LE, that it is safe to say that we have been handed many virtual carrots. This is JMO as I find many inconsistencies surrounding this case simply MOO
Ha! Ain't that the truth.

There is no "incinerator" thread in this forum specifically because it was never "acknowledged to be a part of the investigation" in any tangible way.

Must have been the multitude of incinerator related posts and subsequent association to the murder that I am referring to then. thank you for clarification on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase