GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

It's strange how we know what's coming yet still feel horror and even shock when the announcement is made.

I knew Terry was dead once they began digging at his house, but logging on and seeing it confirmed that a little body was found caused me to involuntarily say, "Oh no." Why is that? Why does that happen?

Perhaps we just want so much for there to be a different ending that we grasp on to even impossible hope.

I totally agree...it wasn't until the first night of searching for this boy that my son and I were driving on Bundy Canyon Rd and discovered the search in progress. I will never forget the look of one of the searchers who stopped our car to hand us a flier and I just knew then...this wasn't going to end well.

It was such a different feeling to actually be in this area at the time of the searching vs. just viewing it online or from a TV.

I will never forget this...heartbreaking! :(

It appears (for those not on FB), that the SB went through a breakup on the 4th of July. I didn't see any post regarding having to stay home - there are posts missing as he deleted them (per his own words yesterday). He was reading media coverage and didn't like how it was being misconstrued. I have screen shots of his FB now but none of the posts he deleted. :(

In one of the news videos, a friend of mine put it perfectly when she described the look on SB's face..."like a deer in headlights".

It appears (for those not on FB), that the SB went through a breakup on the 4th of July. I didn't see any post regarding having to stay home - there are posts missing as he deleted them (per his own words yesterday). He was reading media coverage and didn't like how it was being misconstrued. I have screen shots of his FB now but none of the posts he deleted. :(

The one about having to stay home is still there. It's the first one on the 4th of July.
But it wasn't having to stay home to watch his brother, just to clarify.
That post REALLY sounded like something I've seen on MANY other young people's facebooks.

I'm with others who've said it, I wish - really wish - I was more shocked. :(

PS: I think the July 4th post is gone. SB mentioned he had taken down a post because it upset people.
That's not the post he was referencing that he took down. It was a crude post that in part called someone ( his brother?) 'retarded'.

Hard to tell if he was referencing Terry because he also mentions him and his dad and his 'hot' step mom.

<modsnip>

His posts about 'staying home' were not about his mom they were about a girlfriend.

Again, IMO

i remember some siblings-that i'm amazed they did'nt kill each other - and then they got over it. I jmo - think- - well i left home early and i got my(not by choice) still in high school younger bro--well it was my car he wrecked - believe me it got fisty/cuffs many times. i was not responsible(wise?) enough to be responsible to deal with my bro.

I can see things going sideways with young uns --i do not think that makes them evil. sometimes they just don't deal with people appropriately. JMO MOO MOO

I am not computer literate but someone may want to take snapshots of the sb's facebook page and the post he wrote on the 4th July. It will go soon, especially as so many people are talking about it. Don't think he was very happy at home...sad situation all around. I noticed on the find terry FB and the newspage they are wanting to start a petition to have the law changed about searching the families properties straight away in cases of missing children, as mum did not let them search the house....

Already done :cool:

ETA - Just the "stay at home" one, not the bashing/hot one...

They arrested the 16 yr old for murder? Do we know how it occurred?
Did mom know?
When did this happen? (The murder)
I think there is more to this story.
jmo

They arrested the 16 yr old for murder? Do we know how it occurred?
Did mom know?
When did this happen? (The murder)
I think there is more to this story.
jmo

I still haven't seen any independent verification of the last time he was seen by someone other than the family :( and ive followed this one pretty closely.

I'm trying to find his tumblr and twitter. If anyone finds it before I do, please link me. Thank you

He's a minor. no linking on the board until hes named by LE

AK I'll send you the FB post I referenced earlier

That's not the post he was referencing that he took down. It was a crude post that in part called someone ( his brother?) 'retarded'.

Hard to tell if he was referencing Terry because he also mentions him and his dad and his 'hot' step mom.

I'll say IMO since it's been deleted. But, it was screen captured on the FB discussion page

Actually that entire quote was from the movie step-brothers. Just a little FYI. It wasn't referring to terry being retarded - it's a line from the film!

Actually that entire quote was from the movie step-brothers. Just a little FYI. It wasn't referring to terry being retarded - it's a line from the film!

Thank you! I could not figure out how it fit in their family 'structure'. :seeya:

I still haven't seen any independent verification of the last time he was seen by someone other than the family :( and ive followed this one pretty closely.

Right. Me too.
Im pretty upset here.
Mom went out to play pool the night prior to the police report.
Bro left Terry to go to friends.
I suspect this is when they thought they got their stories straight.
How long has this young man been gone? What the heck happened?
I am not at all stuck on the minor SB having murdered him.
minor might be the key word for whos taking the hit on this!
Im so upset I cant find words!!!
jmo

I recommend the Huff Post article, it's simple and to the point. I find it very odd that the mother didn't realize he was gone till the next day. I'm assuming she went out - came home and went to bed?

This world will be missing that smile.
Rest in peace sweet boy.
^I^

Okay what the heck? I just read that Terry being autistic is a "lie". Did I miss something?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back