George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Sheaffer just made a good point: A prosecutor doesn't raise questions. A prosecutor answers questions. He said (paraphrasing) that De la Rionda is raising a lot of questions, but not providing answers.

Bill Sheaffer feels it's a weak closing argument. I agree.

Kathy Belich tweeted that juror B29 isn't making eye contact with De la Rionda.

http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/

It is human to render aid to someone with a life threatening condition. obviously he was no longer a threat.

I consider inhuman that he didn't imo

Yes from the safety of your computer keybord not under any physical or emotional distress. I think we would all like to think we would be magnanimous enough to provide aid. However, if GZ's account is accurate, he yelled for help for 40 secs. and TM didn't relent. As well as no one helping him. To not understand their might be some residual resentment or hestancy to aid is understandable.

MOO

There were NO cuts on Trayvon's hands! That is a FACT. Autopsy and court testimony. One 1/4 x 1/8" abrasion to his non-dominate hand.

Please provide link if you state something as a fact. It can be a main stream media article.

I understand this is fact as well but for those who don't know the case like we do it is important to provide links in posts like yours.

Thank you,
Tricia

I am trying to stop people from shooting teenagers. Any ideas?
IMO

Doesn't it take A Village? Just look at the murders happening in StL, Chicago, Toledo, etc., and it's not rocket science. It starts AT HOME!!! Oh, not to mention quelling the debauchery of MSM (MTV, VH1, horrible values our kids are exposed to, etc.)

My Opinion Only

It was hard, but I finally make myself look at TM's uncovered corpse, and he looked like a typical teen, smooth-face, an oval head, lanky, awkward, ...the expression though, was a face frozen in terror. He suffered, poor kid, just gone, probably never knowing why..IMO :sigh:
This makes me sooo sad. I haven't looked...just can't. My son was the same height and weight at that age...matter of fact he still is now that he's in his 20s. No way would he have had the upperhand in ANY fight, yet alone with a guy of GZ's stature (and he played football as a kid as well).
Then I think how scared he would be that this guy was following him...and it makes me cry.

The "black male teenagers" who committed the crimes were arrested weeks prior and GZ knew it. :twocents:

GZ is not a cop and is not allowed to pull over anyone, nor is he allowed to follow anyone according to the neighborhood watch rules. IMO

Only one was arrested...and then released, do to being a minor....per testimony IIRC....at a later day rearrested....ONE of them. ONE was still wandering about.

IMO

This happens every night and day in the areas I live in or live near. And my son who is LE says it never makes the news unless it is a child, very small or an athlete. Then it makes big news. It makes me wonder if we would have even heard about this had TM's parents not turned it into a racial cause and gotten everyone involved. jmo

I don't even wonder. I'm sure we wouldn't have heard about it. That's one of the reasons why it was racial then and is not any longer, per the family's spokescounsel. Mission accomplished. The other reason, imo, is that, as it turns out, there was only one racial epithet uttered that night and it came from Trayvon. jmo

Yeah, but you have to admit that "I just killed him" draws out more emotional response from the jury than the truth.... IMO

Hi, confused. When GZ was in the interrogation room is when GZ found out TM died. Officer said that on the stand, and then GZ put his head on the table. NOT being sarcastic, have not watched like I did the JA trial, but don't recall your quote. Stopped listening to the media, they run their mouth and you wonder if they watch the trial. Still a bad, sad situation for all.

So what happens if they find him guilty?

What are the chances of him getting set free?

Iluvmau those two questions are the billion dollar ones.

I have asked very experienced lawyers and no one can predict.

When the jury takes the case we will put up a poll that will focus on guilty or not guilty or guilty of a lesser charge. Be looking for that.

Bill Sheaffer just said he think this closing is very poor.

WFTV also said that the prosecution had some factual mistakes in their closing argument. More to follow. MOO.

Yes and 17 is not a boy, which is what your post refers. It is an emotional appeal. He is a teenager, adolescent, or a young male, but not a boy.

MOO

Lets get back to basics. I didn't event this information.
A BOY is a young human usually a child or adolescent.
An adolescent is a human in the teen years.
Does this help?
IMO

Whatever happens in the end, I hope GZ is NEVER allowed to own a firearm again. Imo, he was careless. Just because you CAN run around with a loaded gun on your person, doesn't mean you should. Not everyone is responsible enough with weapons. I feel George acted in haste, and having a gun made him feel stronger. All my opinion.

In my mind, that's the bottom line. TM would still be alive if GZ had stayed in his car. Just trying to keep it simple.
Simple it is. It just doesn't have anything to do with Florida law or the charges against GZ.

Looks like gun recoil to me:

67ac363ccfaf148564d1a9a9ffae6d0b_zpse1a03b27.jpg

60d5b83cb7ba49f0743f577412a109a1_zps2c08cf73.jpg

We had a kid who elbowed another in the face during soccer practice - the nose looked exactly like the above pictures. At the emergency room they said that only one side of the nose was fractured and there was nothing they could do but let it heal on it's own. Made for some bad feeling amongst the parents...

I only say this because the injury looked so familiar.

I think if the jury uses common sense in trying to understand the prosecutions closing argument, they will disregard the majority of it. MOO.

Bernie's asking a lot of questions...makes him sound uncertain and wobbly. Bill Sheaffer says prosecutors are supposed to have answers not questions. imo

So what happens if they find him guilty?

What are the chances of him getting set free?

zilch, none, nada.

He will have to do time awaiting appeal. 18 months minimum.

If this judge had it her way he would be on death row. IMO

Sheaffer just said that this was a poor closing. Also said that it's being reported that one juror won't make eye contact with BDLR (if I heard correctly) and that's "not good." JMO. OMO. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa