GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

O/T: I know someone whose niece may or may not be being sexually assaulted by her grandfather. He has a history of it and he has sexually abused the little girl's mom and her aunt. Child Services has been called on several occasions, and the mom of the little girl was told that there was nothing that they could do. Maybe NC Analyzer could weigh in.

Why isn't the mother of this child keeping her away from the man who molested her? I mean really, if I had been molested by a family member I sure as heck would not allow my child around him. If the child's mom knows she is allowing a molester to have access to her child then she has a screw loose too and maybe the child shouldn't be in her care either.

Why isn't the mother of this child keeping her away from the man who molested her? I mean really, if I had been molested by a family member I sure as heck would not allow my child around him. If the child's mom knows she is allowing a molester to have access to her child then she has a screw loose too and maybe the child shouldn't be in her care either.

LOL!! My thoughts exactly, but when I deal with clients I'm supposed to be politically correct....and I can't say what I want to say more often than not!

I've been following Willow's case since day one, and these threads moved so fast, I never had a chance to really respond.

It's sad that a precious little girl has lost her life. And that it was at the hands of someone who should have been her protector-her uncle. I don't believe Willow was sexually assaulted. Until I see documents or charges saying JD molested Willow, I will stay with my opinion that she wasn't. I do think Willow was killed in the bathroom, though. Maybe Willow walked in on JD masturbating, and that's why he mentioned that he was in the bathroom watching *advertiser censored* and masturbating. JD got angry at Willow for walking in on him, and he killed her. At first I thought there was some truth to the impalement story, but there has been no evidence to support that story.

The DCFS being called doesn't really surprise me. Willow was initially reported missing and then found murdered. For safety reasons, NG was removed from the home. I hope that he will be able to return to the care of his mom after everything is sorted out.

All of this is strictly my opinion.

O/T: I know someone whose niece may or may not be being sexually assaulted by her grandfather. He has a history of it and he has sexually abused the little girl's mom and her aunt. Child Services has been called on several occasions, and the mom of the little girl was told that there was nothing that they could do. Maybe NC Analyzer could weigh in.

I agree with the first part of your post I've been saying it all along.

wow@ the second part I guess if there's no proof the state can't intervene.

CPS protocol would require the parents/caretakers NOT to allow the child to be around her grandfather. Period. If the mother has concerns, she shouldn't have to be told in the first place.
There may not be any evidence of sexual abuse and/or the child may not be old enough to verbalize what happened to her and/or she may not want to disclose the abuse. If that's the case, there is nothing anyone can do except protect the child.
This case would be referred to the DA. If the DA doesn't want to prosecute, that is his call. Courts require proof to prosecute.

Her mother has tried to remove the child from the care of her grandparents, but because she doesn't have sole custody (the grandparents do), they won't let her have her. I don't know if she has been sexually abused yet, but the grandfather does have a history of molesting young girls. It's really only a matter of time before he does something to this child.

She's tried to remove her from that house, but she doesn't have full custody of her right now. I don't know a whole lot about this family's dynamics, just what I've when she mentions it at our house.

Her mother has tried to remove the child from the care of her grandparents, but because she doesn't have sole custody (the grandparents do), they won't let her have her. I don't know if she has been sexually abused yet, but the grandfather does have a history of molesting young girls. It's really only a matter of time before he does something to this child.

If he has a history, has he been reported and arrested?

If the mother and her sister made a formal police report about being molested by their father, that might get the ball rolling.

Re: OT report that. Surely the child's mother is keeping her away from grandfather ?

I'm not saying your friend isn't telling the truth, but more often than not in cases where grandparents have custody there is considerable animosity between the parents and grandparents. If CPS had any evidence, any history, any verifiable statements from other children this grandfather supposedly abused, anything to confirm the allegations, the child would not be allowed to be in his care. A lot of cases come down to family history that isn't always accurate.

If he has a history, has he been reported and arrested?

He's been reported on numerous occasions. No arrest, though.

@Brightbird: I think she is going to report him again and express her concerns about her daughter as well. She has a custody hearing coming up and I know this is one of the issues she will be addressing.

It is NOT about the money! That is the LAW in every State in the USA. This is an issue I fight with almost daily because of my own personal perspective. The COURTS see parental rights as sovereign because our laws are designed that way. It has been that way from the beginning of time.
If you don't agree with the LAWS, change them! Until then, children will be kept with their parents and/or reunited with their parents because that is how our system is set up! That is a huge hole in our system...the belief that parents always know best and will do what is right for their children. I've seen courts give parents repeated chances to do better and in the end, I've seen dead children because some of these parents don't deserve 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances just because they are the biological humanoid who created a child. Don't blame the money. Blame the lawmakers who think this is acceptable.

Yes I SO agree, blame the lawmakers who cut funding for social services. People have been so jaded by the politicians making it seem as though tax dollars spend on social services are only going to support welfare scam artists that they support and elect the politicians who want to cut funding. Then the defenseless suffer because there aren't enough social workers to keep up with the cases. :banghead:

I'm not saying your friend isn't telling the truth, but more often than not in cases where grandparents have custody there is considerable animosity between the parents and grandparents. If CPS had any evidence, any history, any verifiable statements from other children this grandfather supposedly abused, anything to confirm the allegations, the child would not be allowed to be in his care. A lot of cases come down to family history that isn't always accurate.

The only people (that I know of) that he's abused is my friend and her sister, and possibly the child still living with the grandfather.

CPS where I live usually doesn't follow through with any reports. I live in Canada, so maybe protocols are different than in the States...but I doubt it.

He looks like an anime character ... Remember Speed Racer?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

My son who is in his early twenties has a friend who is into the whole anime thing. Apparently there is a whole subculture based upon anime. They have conventions where whole groups of them dress up like anime characters and meet up for whatever it is they do. I've seen pictures of this. Thank goodness my kid isn't into it because frankly I find it creepy.

My son who is in his early twenties has a friend who is into the whole anime thing. Apparently there is a whole subculture based upon anime. They have conventions where whole groups of them dress up like anime characters and meet up for whatever it is they do. I've seen pictures of this. Thank goodness my kid isn't into it because frankly I find it creepy.

BBM. Yes, and I do find it creepy as well. Maybe JD was into that as well and he was acting out a fantasy from the anime world...

Dressing up like anime characters is called cosplay and it's absolutely harmless as far I know. I have some friends who are very much into it and they are good people without any murderous tendencies.

Dressing up like anime characters is called cosplay and it's absolutely harmless as far I know. I have some friends who are very much into it and they are good people without any murderous tendencies.

My son's friend is a good kid too as far as I know, but the whole anime thing is still creepy.

I don't like to blame video games for people's behavior, but what if JD was so into the video games he was playing, he decided to act that out and killed Willow? Add that to the fact that Willow might have walked in on him watching *advertiser censored*, and he got angry at her for that.

It would be nice to know the exact TOD. It would make it easier to know whether or not JD's account of events match up with that.

Agree. Grandmother and grandfather on the road, brother in room playing video games, mom out the door! I know the type very well.

Please put a link of of a type she/ he is ............. is. Which type are ya taking about? Isabelle?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back