Jury: Concert promoter not negligent in Jackson death

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
William M. Welch, USA TODAY 8:43 p.m. EDT October 2, 2013
Jurors have reached a verdict in the Michael Jackson wrongful death civil trial.

LOS ANGELES – A jury ruled Wednesday in favor of concert promoter AEG Live, finding it was not liable in the death of singer Michael Jackson.
Katherine Jackson, Michael Jackson's mother, brought the case against AEG Live LLC, the giant concert promoter that was producing the singer's comeback concerts, arguing that the promoter was negligent in hiring the physician who administered the drug that killed him.<snip>

"Michael Jackson was used to getting his way,'' juror Kevin Smith said outside the courthouse after the verdict.
"He could pretty much get what he wanted... Anybody that said 'no,' they were out of the mix and he'd find somebody else.''
AEG Live General Counsel Shawn Trell voiced relief at the verdict. "It's nice to have this in the rear-view mirror,'' he said.
Marvin Putnam, attorney for AEG Live, said his client never considered trying to end the case by negotiating a settlement with the Jackson family because "They werent going to allow themselves to be shaken down.''
He said Jackson had a long struggle with addiction, and ultimately what he did in the privacy of his home was beyond the promoter's control.
"What really happened behind those locked doors? That was between Michael Jackson and his physician,'' Putnam said. more at link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/10/02/michael-jackson-verdict/2883367/

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/music/20131002/US--Jackson-AEG.Suit/?

Brian Panish, a lawyer for the Jackson family, countered that AEG Live was negligent by not looking far enough to find out what it needed to know about Murray. He claimed in his closing argument that the lure of riches turned the company and Murray into mercenaries who sacrificed the pop star's life in a quest to boost their own fortunes.

Pot, meet kettle:

He claimed in his closing argument that the lure of riches turned the parents and siblings into mercenaries who sacrificed the pop star's childhood in a quest to boost their own fortunes.

I am beyond thrilled at the verdict!

I'm going to sleep well this evening...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think they got it right.

I am beyond thrilled at the verdict!

I'm going to sleep well this evening...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Me too! About time at least one of the Jacksons didn't get their way!!

I don't have any doubt jury got it right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back