CA CA - Sacramento Co, WhtFem UP2389, 30-50, in garage, multiple jewerly, May'89

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Hot Case 606
[FONT=&amp]Unidentified White Female[/FONT]
  • The victim was discovered on May 22, 1989 in Sacramento, Sacramento County, California

[FONT=&amp]Vital Statistics
[/FONT]

• [*]Estimated age: 30-50 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 71 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. No scars, marks or tattoos.
    [*]Clothing/Jewelry: No clothing. Three yellow metal rings (one had a clear stone, and one had a light blue stone); several metal crosses (one had blue beads, one white metal, one had black fabric rope, one black and white metal one had the inscription "INRI"). She had a yellow Timex watch with a white metal band.
    [*]Personal Effects: She had multiple rocks and crystals in a wooden box and a plastic container. She had other miscellaneous property and carried it in a J.A.L. flight bag.
    [*]Fingerprints: Available
  • Dentals: Available; teeth in poor repair, but had previous restorative work done.

[FONT=&amp]Case History
The victim was located in the garage at 2120 Marconi Avenue, near Howe Avenue, in Sacramento, California on May 22, 1989. A small yellow dog was also present in the garage. She was possibly transient.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]She had a clothing voucher #0810 (dated 11-08-88) from St. Frances of Assisi in Concord, CA to St. Vincent de Paul in Pleasant Hill, CA for $15.00. On the voucher was the name "Marion Winston".[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Sacramento County Coroner's Office
916-874-9257
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Agency Case Number:
89-1556
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]NCIC Number:
U-510023073

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Source Information:
Sacramento Coroner's Office
[/FONT]NAMUS https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/2389

Doe Network new link case update

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1368ufca.html

[h=1]1368UFCA - Unidentified Female[/h]
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Date of Discovery: May 22, 1989
Location of Discovery: Sacramento, Sacramento County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

[h=2]Physical Description[/h]Estimated Age: 30-50 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 71 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, shoulder-length in a single braid, gathered at the back of her head; held with a rubber band.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

[h=2]Identifiers[/h]Dentals: Available; teeth in poor repair, but had previous restorative work done.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: Jeans and several layers of shirts and jackets.
Jewelry: Three yellow metal rings (one had a clear stone, and one had a light blue stone); several metal crosses (one had blue beads, one white metal, one had black fabric rope, one black and white metal one had the inscription "INRI"). Yellow Timex watch with a white metal band.
Additional Personal Items: Multiple rocks and crystals in a wooden box and a plastic container. She had other miscellaneous property and carried it in a J.A.L. flight bag. She also had a sleeping bag and a shopping cart in her posession.

[h=2]Circumstances of Discovery[/h]The decedent was located at around 7:00 AM in a garage at 2120 Marconi Avenue, near Howe Avenue, in Sacramento, California on May 22, 1989. A small yellow dog was also present in the garage. She was possibly transient.
She had a clothing voucher #0810 (dated 11-08-88) from St. Frances of Assisi in Concord, CA to St. Vincent de Paul in Pleasant Hill, CA for $15.00. On the voucher was the name "Marion Winston".
[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h]Agency Name: Sacramento County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Christine Kneeland
Agency Phone Number: 916-874-9680 or 916-874-1751
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 89-01556

NCIC Case Number: U510023073
NamUs Case Number: 2389
Former Hot Case Number: 606

[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h]NamUs
Sacramento County Coroner

Ruleout:
  • Marjorie Linehan
Wish we could see photos of the jewelry / accessories. Thinking she was probably homeless for a while, since 71 lbs at 5'5" is incredibly thin.
There was a Marion C. Winston who lived in North Hollywood, CA and died in January 1991. Wonder if that is who gave her the voucher (although North Hollywood is quite far from Sacramento)? Or maybe she knew Marion and used her name as an alias?
Apparently St. Francis de Assisi - St. Vincent de Paul provides "vouchers for clothing that can be used in lieu of cash at St. Vincent de Paul thrift stores for discounted clothing and furniture." Concord / Pleasant Hill are quite far from Sacramento, though -- about 68 miles.

The following are three MPs that I think might warrant DNA tests or dental comparisons against this UID white female. I included a few notes which will give an indication as to what interested me about these comparisons. I'll add more comments to these I'm sure as I look through my notes and continue thinking of each MP circumstances. I'll also be adding to this thread any other candidates at whom we might can take a closer look.

Your comments, thoughts, suggestions, research, etc. would be greatly appreciated by the UID and her family/friends. Maybe together we can give her her name back and help her to get home to rest in peace. She's been away for too long already!

Jump in with your thoughts. :)
___

1973 Rochelle Claudia White - San Juan Capistrano, CA - Distance ~6hrs. 33mins.
Missing Person Case

White Fem - 22yo - 5'5" - 5'7" - 110-125#
Disappeared.

**Yaya's thoughts/inquiries**

Her Namus file wasn't very generous in terms of the circumstnces surrounding her disappearance. Her descriptive information is rather close to this UID, although the distance between where Rochelle went missing and this UID was found deceased is quite far. Still, homeless people in large cities are not always from that particular area. I'd hope they could do comparison testing of these cases.
___

1977 Linda Louise Lebeau Tustin, CA - Distance ~6hrs. 15mins.
Missing Person Case

White Fem - 27yo - 5'6" - 120#
Backed into another vehicle, got out ran away. Brought back to scene, exchanged info. then left and was never seen again. Vehicle located 4 days later.

Could she have suffered some sort of head injury? It's possible she could have aquired some sort of amnesia due to a head injury or some extreme stress level due to the accident? Any WS psychs. or cognitive drs. can help explain if these are possible?
Linda was married but no mention of domestic abuse. Having said that it could be that she was afraid to go home after the accident because she knew she'd be beaten/hurt by spouse.

MP had gold chain necklace and watch. UID had lots of jewelry and a Timex watch.

___

1982 Ruth Ann Leamon - Modesto, California - ~1hr. 15mins
Missing Person Case

White Fem - 16yo - 5'5"- 84# -
Went to store then disappeared walking home.
4-5 rings and gold chain with cross

MP could have runaway. She's likely quite young to disappear and never be in contact again, however she may have been new to the area (Namus doesn't specify) so she didn't know anyone. She may have left Modesto for life in or near a larger city such as Sacramento. For a 16 year old without a vehilce 1 hour or so away is quite the distance if she wanted to surround herself with a partying/runaway type culture. She survived on her own for years but either remained or struggled with homelessness and/or substance addiction throughout her adult years. She also could have runaway with a friend/lover but the relationship didn't last or any other of a few possiblities which rendered her homeless.

She did have a tattoo however Namus doesn't mention tattoo for UID. That could be an investigative strategy.

Lots of speculation on my part but I think there's still a fair degree of possiblitiy as a match.
__

1987 Mona Lisa Lincoln - Inglewood, CA - Distance ~5hrs. 50mins
Missing Person Case

White fem - 20yo - 5'5" - 100#
Mona Lisa left her Los Angeles home with an uncashed check and rode a bus to Inglewood to cash the check. Check was never cashed and she was never heard from again.

Mona Lisa has tattoos. The UID's description doesn't mention any tattoos. However, the descriptive stats are spot on except for the weight. Mona Lisa weighed 100 pounds when she went missing in 1987. It's not unreasonable for her to have lost 25 pounds or so in at most 2 years of homelessness.

The fact that she had a check that stayed uncashed doesn't necessarily scream robbery/murder/kidnapping. There is no information on how much the check was written for so perhaps it wasn't even enough for her to worry about. Rather, the leaving town to cash a check then come up missing would be a great plan for someone who might intentionally want to disappear under suspicious circumstances.
___

I'm ruling out Rochelle Claudia White. Her NamUs file didn't list much in terms of descriptive information or circumstances surrounding her disappearance. However her CharleyProject page did provide enough info regarding her circumstances for me to rule her out. Plus the fact that she was reported missing from 6 1/2 hours away from Sacramento where this UID was located.

Here is her WS thread.
CA - CA - Rochelle White, 22, San Juan Capistrano, 30 July 1973

Your comments, thoughts, suggestions, research, etc. would be greatly appreciated by the UID and her family/friends. Maybe together we can give her her name back and help her to get home to rest in peace. She's been away for too long already!

Updated list. Three MPs to investigate.
___

Missing Person Case

Backed into another vehicle, got out ran away. Brought back to scene, exchanged info. then left and was never seen again. Vehicle located 4 days later.

Could she have suffered some sort of head injury? It's possible she could have aquired some sort of amnesia due to a head injury or some extreme stress level due to the accident? Any WS psychs. or cognitive drs. can help explain if these are possible?
Linda was married but no mention of domestic abuse. Having said that it could be that she was afraid to go home after the accident because she knew she'd be beaten/hurt by spouse.

MP had gold chain necklace and watch. UID had lots of jewelry and a Timex watch.

___

Missing Person Case

MP could have runaway. She's likely quite young to disappear and never be in contact again, however she may have been new to the area (Namus doesn't specify) so she didn't know anyone. She may have left Modesto for life in or near a larger city such as Sacramento. For a 16 year old without a vehilce 1 hour or so away is quite the distance if she wanted to surround herself with a partying/runaway type culture. She survived on her own for years but either remained or struggled with homelessness and/or substance addiction throughout her adult years. She also could have runaway with a friend/lover but the relationship didn't last or any other of a few possiblities which rendered her homeless.

She did have a tattoo however Namus doesn't mention tattoo for UID. That could be an investigative strategy.

Lots of speculation on my part but I think there's still a fair degree of possiblitiy as a match.
__

Missing Person Case

Mona Lisa left her Los Angeles home with an uncashed check and rode a bus to Inglewood to cash the check. Check was never cashed and she was never heard from again.

Mona Lisa has tattoos. The UID's description doesn't mention any tattoos. However, the descriptive stats are spot on except for the weight. Mona Lisa weighed 100 pounds when she went missing in 1987. It's not unreasonable for her to have lost 25 pounds or so in at most 2 years of homelessness.

The fact that she had a check that stayed uncashed doesn't necessarily scream robbery/murder/kidnapping. There is no information on how much the check was written for so perhaps it wasn't even enough for her to worry about. Rather, the leaving town to cash a check then come up missing would be a great plan for someone who might intentionally want to disappear under suspicious circumstances.
___

Updated list. Three MPs to investigate.
___

Missing Person Case

___

Missing Person Case

__

Missing Person Case

___

I'm ruling out 1977 Linda Louise Lebeau Tustin, CA - Distance ~6hrs. 15mins.
Missing Person Case

I'm shocked at the lack of information on some of these Namus profiles. I read a few summaries on Linda's disappearance. It appears quite a bit of pertinent information has been left off her NaMus listing. I now believe that her estranged husband played a part in her disappearance.

Updated list. Two MPs to investigate. Feel free to add any MPs you might come across.
___

Missing Person Case

__

Missing Person Case

___

I've been reading a bit about Ruth Ann's disappearance. I'm leaning toward ruling her out given that she may have actually known and interacted with the killer(s). Apparently there was a discovery of hundreds of bones and personal items in a well back in 2012. (IIFC) Investigators are going through the tedious tasks of matching and identifying the remains of multiple people. It'd be wise to move on to other MP possibilities while we wait for the results of the tests. Also, I want to find that letter and map. Who knows what clue(s), if any, about Ruth Ann we might find. ;)

Here's a link to Ruth Ann's WS thread with newly linked articles and a few pics.

CA - CA - Ruth Ann Leamon, 16, Modesto, 19 Aug 1982

Although Ruth-Ann's remains weren't identified in the well or on Shermantine's property, given her acquaintance with the Speed Freak killers it seems likely she was killed by them.

I'm not coming up with any other good suggestions for this UID, though. Still only one R/o on Namus.

I notice that the Sacramento Coroner refers to this UID as being middle aged to elderly, which doesn't exactly match up with the estimate of 30-50 years, although it does overlap. She's not described as having any grey hair, whatever that's worth, so possibly she just appeared older than her actual age due to weight loss and living rough. I do wish they had released some sort of image for her. She's listed as having a recognizable face when she was found.

Case Number​

89-01556

Race​

White

Gender​

Female

Age​

Adult

Estimated Age​

Unknown

Height​

5' 5"

Weight​

71 lbs

Eyes​

Brown

Hair​

Brown hair (12”) was gathered at the back of her head into a braid and held with a single rubber band.

Date Found​

1989-05-22T07:00:00Z

Date of Death​

Unknown

Case Information​

This middle-aged to elderly woman was found in the garage at 2120 Marconi Avenue, near Howe Avenue. Fingerprints on file.

Scars-Marks-Tattoos​

None

Clothing​

None

Jewelry​

Three yellow metal rings (one had a clear stone, and one had a light blue stone), several metal crosses (one had blue beads, one white metal, one had black fabric rope, one black and white metal one had the inscription "INRI"). She had a yellow Timex watch with a white metal band.

Other distinguishing characteristics​

Her teeth were in poor repair, but had previous restorative work done. She had clothing voucher #0810 (dated 11-08-88) from St. Frances of Assisi in Concord, CA to St. Vincent de Paul in Pleasant Hill, CA for $15.00. On the voucher was the name Marion Winston. She had multiple rocks and crystals in a wooden box and a plastic container. She had other misc. property and carried it in a J.A.L. flight bag. A small yellow dog was also present in the garage.

1368UFCA - Unidentified Female

No photo

Date of Discovery: May 22, 198
Location of Discovery: Sacramento, Sacramento County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 30-50 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 71 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, shoulder-length in a single braid, gathered at the back of her head; held with a rubber band.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Available; teeth in poor repair, but had previous restorative work done.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Jeans and several layers of shirts and jackets.
Jewelry: Three yellow metal rings (one had a clear stone, and one had a light blue stone); several metal crosses (one had blue beads, one white metal, one had black fabric rope, one black and white metal one had the inscription "INRI"). Yellow Timex watch with a white metal band.
Additional Personal Items: Multiple rocks and crystals in a wooden box and a plastic container. She had other miscellaneous property and carried it in a J.A.L. flight bag. She also had a sleeping bag and a shopping cart in her posession.

Circumstances of Discovery

The decedent was located at around 7:00 AM in a garage at 2120 Marconi Avenue, near Howe Avenue, in Sacramento, California on May 22, 1989. A small yellow dog was also present in the garage. She was possibly transient.

She had a clothing voucher #0810 (dated 11-08-88) from St. Frances of Assisi in Concord, CA to St. Vincent de Paul in Pleasant Hill, CA for $15.00. On the voucher was the name "Marion Winston".

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Sacramento County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Christine Kneeland
Agency Phone Number: 916-874-9680 or 916-874-1751
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 89-01556

NCIC Case Number: U510023073
NamUs Case Number: 2389
Former Hot Case Number: 606

Information Source(s)

NamUs
Sacramento County Coroner