CA CA - Ruth Ann Leamon, 16, Modesto, 19 Aug 1982

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Kat, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

The Doe Network:
    Case File 319DFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/319dfca.html

Ruth Ann Leamon
    Missing since August 19, 1982 from Modesto, Stanislaus County, California
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
    •Date Of Birth: February 25, 1966
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 84 pounds
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    •Tattoos: Leamon has a small tattoo of a cross on the web of her right hand between her thumb and index finger.
    •Clothing: Levi's jeans, tennis shoes and a cream colored T-shirt with writing.
    •Dentals: Available
    •DNA: Available in CODIS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Leamon was living with a guardian in Modesto, California in 1982. She became acquainted with two men in their thirties on August 19 of that year. Leamon made plans to meet the men later that evening at Sam's Food City on Carver Road. Leamon was last seen at approximately 20:45 as she left her guardian's residence. She said she was walking to a nearby store to purchase a soft drink.

Her guardian was at work during Leamon's scheduled arrival time at home and did not realize she was missing until approximately 07:00 on August 20, the following morning. Leamon has never been seen again.

Authorities questioned the two men scheduled to meet Leamon during the night of her disappearance, but both denied any involvement in her case. No arrests have been made in connection with Leamon's disappearance. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning Leamon's whereabouts, please contact:
    Modesto Police Department
    209-572-9500
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

Agency Case Number: 8244560

NCMEC #: NCMC601797.

NCIC Number: M-648422065
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children Modesto Police
    CA DOJ
    Modesto Police Department

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/leamon_ruth.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...FAAAAIBAJ&pg=854,6244892&dq=ruth-leamon&hl=en
    1982 (Newspaper scanned off center, you will have to move highlighted box over yellow area to see article)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...FAAAAIBAJ&pg=938,4925907&dq=ruth-leamon&hl=en

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6285/0/
    NamUs Profile:
    Dental: NA
    DNA: NA
    Fingerprints: NA

Ruth has been gone 28 years today. Come home soon.

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

MODESTO (CBS13) ― A 16-year-old girl vanished nearly 30 years ago, and no one has seen her since. Now, there is new hope for new leads in this cold case thanks to a cash reward.

Even though Ruby Brown, 67, suffers from dementia, she still remembers a message for her missing daughter.

"I want to tell you I love you with all my heart and I hope you come home," says Ruby.

Ruth Ann Leamon was 16-years-old when she disappeared in Modesto 28-years-ago. Her little sister, Silvia, was only eight-years-old at the time.

http://cbs13.com/local/ruth.ann.leamon.2.1965255.html

4. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

5. Leprikawn

Leprikawn Member

6. Leprikawn

Leprikawn Member

I wonder if Shermantine and Herzog had anything to do with this.

7. Leprikawn

Leprikawn Member

Her sister is in Linden. She thinks it was Shermantine that killed Ruth. She had witnessed her with Shermatine and brought his name up to the cops at the time, but nothing happened.

These guys were 2 killing machines and I wonder how many cases will be solved in this dig.

8. JDB

JDB Tybee you will never be forgotten

9. Leprikawn

Leprikawn Member

They killed Chevelle Wheeler in 1984......I'm just wondering if we are dealing with a couple of guys that got an early start. Instead of killing at 18 maybe they started at 16.
    They were both pretty bold in their actions.

10. JDB

I was wrong on my date they graduated in 1984 not 86

11. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

If she was seen with Shermantine, then I have strong suspicions that he was involved. They would have both been 16 at the time. He may have made a pass and she denied him. He seems obviously, like the type to not take NO for an answer.

12. Leprikawn

Leprikawn Member

that is SO true! I read that during his trial a number of women came forward and told of being raped by him. I was also reading on a site called Mayhem about the case, and at the time Loren Herzog's wife was on there defending him. She actually got into arguments with members of victims families. I wonder how she feels about it today?

This is extremely sad and a lot of familes are going to get devastating news.

13. JDB

I can't find the link right now. But I stumbled across one the other day same one with Shermantine ex. And herzog wife still loves him and will always love him till she dies. And claims he is innocent. made me want to throw up.

14. Leprikawn

Leprikawn Member

bumping for Ruth.

They are saying she had a friendship with Loren Herzog..........So I dont see this having a happy ending!