GUILTY Wi - Olivia Mackay, 17, Kenosha, 24 July 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
missing-17-year-old-girl-1501084422-5615.jpg

RACINE COUNTY, WI — A multiple-day search for a missing girl in Kenosha has met its tragic end on Wednesday after the body of a 17-year-old discovered in rural Racine County was positively identified as the missing girl.

On Monday July 24 at 1:21pm Mount Pleasant Officers were dispatched to the 11000B of Louis Sorenson Rd for a report of a body found along the road in a forested area.

The cause, manner and circumstance surrounding the death and identity of the victim remained under investigation by the Mount Pleasant Detectives as the Wisconsin State Crime Lab Response Team and the State Patrol Reconstruction Unit assisted in the investigation.
https://patch.com/wisconsin/mountpleasant/missing-17-year-old-girl-turns-deceased-racine-county
RACINE COUNTY -- The body found in Mount Pleasant Monday has been identified as 17-year-old Olivia M. Mackay from Kenosha, according to Mount Pleasant Police.

Mackay was the subject of a missing persons report with the Kenosha Police Department.

Police say Mackay did not show up to work in Kenosha on Monday. Once her family was made aware of this, they began to look for her.
http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...-year-old-kenosha-girl-wednesday-july-26-2017
Police are calling the death suspicious. The medical examiner performed an autopsy Tuesday but has not released a cause of death.

"There is a lot of speculation as to what happened. There is no solid information. We're investigating all our leads," Zarzecki said.

Since the news broke Monday, Mount Pleasant Police have been getting a number of tips and calls from members of the public.

"Our leads are coming in," Zarzecki said. "We encourage anyone to call us who thinks they know something that would guide us in our investigation."
http://journaltimes.com/news/local/...cle_9d27d167-5cfc-513d-b333-946a12da011a.html

How sad, I wonder what happened to her.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Very sad and scary. I hope it's not another internet "friend" case — first thought was about Racine County Jane Doe and whether or not that killer is still in the area. :(

Very sad and scary. I hope it's not another internet "friend" case — first thought was about Racine County Jane Doe and whether or not that killer is still in the area. :(
I was thinking the same thing. Internet creeps and serial killers. Ughhh. I hope not.

An extra link from tmj4.
http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...y-found-on-side-of-the-road-in-mount-pleasant

Captain Brian Smith with the Mount Pleasant Police said authorities cannot rule out murder at this time.*

"Well, there's that potential certainly," Smith said. He added he wants to know, "How did she get there, who brought her there, is there a vehicle around, all of those questions need to be answered."

Due to the sensitive nature of this incident, Kenosha Unified will have counselors on hand for students who may need additional support on both Thursday, July 27, and Friday, July 28, from 7:30 a.m. until 12 p.m. at Indian Trail High School and Academy, 6800 60th St.**

Police confirm Kenosha teen's death was a homicide.
http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...cle_85f8a495-c1e0-5e8d-b2c2-40e55ab8e5b4.html

Lou Perrine, who owns Lou Perrine’s Gas Station where Mackay had purchased gasoline at about 11 p.m. Sunday, said security video from the store shows the teen came inside by herself, purchased gasoline with a credit card, and left.
“She was by herself, playing with her phone,” he said. “She went back outside and left. Nobody was watching her, nobody was following her, and she went north on Sheridan Road.”

The key questions are: Where is her car? Where is her Phone? Where is her purse?

Police confirm Kenosha teen's death was a homicide.
http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...cle_85f8a495-c1e0-5e8d-b2c2-40e55ab8e5b4.html

The key questions are: Where is her car? Where is her Phone? Where is her purse?
I agree.Good questions.

So the gas station guy from your link says

**Lou Perrine, who owns Lou Perrine’s Gas Station where Mackay had purchased gasoline at about 11 p.m. Sunday, said security video from the store shows the teen came inside by herself, purchased gasoline with a credit card, and left.

“She was by herself, playing with her phone,” he said. “She went back outside and left. Nobody was watching her, nobody was following her, and she went north on Sheridan Road.”**

That's so strange, I think the phone would be important since she was playing on it. I really hope they have found or will f8nd all of th9se things.It's sad.

Same here! Ugh, although that was almost 20 years ago.. :(

New article. Insight into Olivia as a person.

“Olivia was insightful, inclusive, an outsider, but a leader in her own chosen, intimate circle of friends. She could be silly, but quiet and shy to people outside of that circle,” Moody said.

Mackay wanted to travel the world and study abroad and wrote many personal, handwritten and video journals. Many included her thoughts on her travels. She celebrated her love for culture by using a foreign language on her Facebook profile and converted her laptop and her phone to Chinese characters to help her learn the language.

“She also wanted to learn how to bake and to eventually open an Asian bakery,” Moody said.

Not much info from police in regard to suspect(s).
Investigators are still working on possible suspect information but have nothing yet to release to the public.

“We don’t know if it’s one, or more than one suspect. We’re working on that. That’s what what we want,” Zarzecki said.

And one new piece of information regarding timeline/her whereabouts before she disappeared.

“Olivia came home from work to change clothes before going out,” Moody said. “Olivia said that she was going to spend the night at a friend’s house.”

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/...cle_44c5dc25-4654-5f26-bb05-2fd0c5702908.html

ARRESTS MADE!

Two people are in custody in connection with the murder of Olivia Mackay, according to Kenosha police.

Daniel Tate, 19, and Jamari Cook, 17, both of Kenosha, are in the Kenosha County Jail in connection with the case, said Kenosha police spokesman Sgt. James Beller.

The Kenosha Police Department is now the lead agency on the case. Pending further investigation, information will be referred to the Kenosha County District Attorney's Office for criminal charges.

http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...cle_b7575542-c2c7-5bad-a73c-6d37539610bc.html

Is this town large? I wonder how far away from her home was her body found? Just a couple of random thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Is this town large? I wonder how far away from her home was her body found? Just a couple of random thought.

Kenosha is a larger city in WI - Mount Pleasant is a suburb between Kenosha and Racine, so probably roughly 10-20 minutes drive from her home depending on where in Kenosha she lived.

I took a peek on Olivia's Facebook. Beautiful girl. She seems just like any other 17 year old. So verry verry sad. I couldn't find any either of the 2 suspects on her friends list.

More info on those who were arrested.

[FONT=&amp]A Kenosha man, suspected of strangling a Kenosha teenager found dead July 24 in Mount Pleasant, was in custody Friday on unrelated charges.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Kenosha County District Attorney Mike Graveley identified Daniel Tate, 19, in court Friday as the "primary suspect" in the murder of Olivia Mackay.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Graveley made that statement during Tate's initial appearance before Court Commissioner David Berman on two unrelated misdemeanors.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Berman set Tate's bond at $20,000 — $10,000 for each of the two cases filed against him in Kenosha County Circuit Court.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He was charged in 2016 with battery and disorderly conduct, both as domestic abuse, for throwing his mother to the ground and punching his grandfather in the face. He did not appear for his sentencing on that case, resulting Friday in a new charge of bail jumping.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
Detectives from the Kenosha and Mount Pleasant police departments arrested Tate and Jamari Cook, 17, also of Kenosha, late Thursday night in connection with the death of Mackay, whose body was found in Mount Pleasant on July 24.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Friday morning, Kenosha police released the suspects' names.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In seeking the higher-than-usual cash bonds, Graveley argued Tate was a flight risk, noting the new bail jumping charge.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The prosecution was not yet seeking a finding of probable cause against Tate in Mackay's death. However, Graveley said, because Cook told police he was there when Tate strangled Mackay on a Kenosha beach, Tate's alleged connection to the murder additionally warranted the high bonds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Cook told police he helped Tate place Mackay's body in her car, which Tate then proceeded "to drive around as if it was his own," Graveley said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Tate twice gave investigators different stories during questioning, Graveley said, at first telling police he hadn't been in contact with the victim before admitting that wasn't true. He then alleged being present when a third man strangled Mackay.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]But, Graveley told Berman, police found the man named by Tate to have a solid alibi.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/update-suspects-in-mackay-homicide-now-in-custody/article_b7575542-c2c7-5bad-a73c-6d37539610bc.html[/FONT]

Sorry for double post, but autopsy reports are out...

Olivia Mackay was reportedly killed by strangulation at the Kenosha band shell, before she was reportedly submerged in water, placed in the back of a trunk and then dumped in a ditch in Mount Pleasant, according to details released Monday in the criminal complaint for 17-year-old Jamari N. Cook.

[...]charged with hiding a corpse, as a party to a crime and operating a motor vehicle without owner’s consent.

[...]also announced they had arrested Daniel J. Tate, 19, of Kenosha, in connection with Mackay’s death, and Cook’s criminal complaint lists Tate but as of Monday afternoon charges were not yet available in online court records.

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/...cle_43539b27-887b-5e18-80d6-90d82831eec2.html

Tate came prepared by having garbage bags in his backpack. It seems as if murder was his aim from the get go. And that leads me to wonder if this isn't the first time he has done this. I wonder what Cook knew about that ahead of time considering that he just stood there and watched and didn't try to intervene despite from all appearances he had the size to put a stop to it. From Cook's story he stood around for over 10 minutes watching him strangle Olivia and submerge her in the water to make sure she was dead. I hope LE didn't make a deal with Cook to get Tate because I get every impression from the article about the court filing that neither of these two were all that bright.

Not smart at all. They held on to her car and tried to sell it on Facebook. I'm stuck on why?
Tate came prepared by having garbage bags in his backpack. It seems as if murder was his aim from the get go. And that leads me to wonder if this isn't the first time he has done this. I wonder what Cook knew about that ahead of time considering that he just stood there and watched and didn't try to intervene despite from all appearances he had the size to put a stop to it. From Cook's story he stood around for over 10 minutes watching him strangle Olivia and submerge her in the water to make sure she was dead. I hope LE didn't make a deal with Cook to get Tate because I get every impression from the article about the court filing that neither of these two were all that bright.

Not smart at all. They held on to her car and tried to sell it on Facebook. I'm stuck on why?

Because they are stuck on stupid?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member