Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/67dmbc.html
CHorvath4.jpg
CHorvath5.jpg

Charles Karoly John Horvath-Allan
Missing since May 16, 1989 from Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

• [*]Date Of Birth: August 21, 1968
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
    [*]Height at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 175 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Horvath has a medium build.
  • Tattoos: He has a tattoo on his upper left arm of a “skull with Mohawk

Circumstances of Disappearance
Horvath, a British citizen was traveling in Canada during May 1989. His mother received a fax from him on May 11 it was sent from Roche Stationers Kelowna BC and was the last communication she had from her son. When he failed to make arrangements to meet his mother in Hong Kong as they'd discussed she reported him missing.
He was last seen May 26, 1989 Friday, when he worked at Flinstones Theme Pk and cashed his pay check at The Royal Bank in Orchard Pk, KELOWNA BC Canada. Horvath was camping at the Tiny Town Campsite where he worked for four hours at the Flintstone Adventure Park on Highway 97 which has since closed. He left his tent and all of his personal belongings behind at the campground. He has never been seen or heard from again.
Foul play is suspected.

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/britains-got-talent-2017-turns-attention-to-kelowna-case/
attachment.php

[h=2]Britain’s Got Talent 2017 turns attention to Kelowna case[/h] Denise Allan Horvath is hoping someone will see her son and offer some solace
One of Kelowna’s longest running unsolved cases is getting some high profile attention overseas.

Denise Horvath-Allan is a member of the Missing People Choir, which is currently competing on Britain’s Got Talent. Their performance is turning the spotlight toward her son who went missing from this city 27 years ago

“
My son Charles went missing when he was 20-years-old,” Horvath-Allan said in a clip for the program that has an estimated nine million viewers.

“He was back-packing 27 years ago. There isn’t a minute your mind is free from the pain and heartbreak.”
[video=youtube;b4RlOiVJjCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4RlOiVJjCo[/video]

Attachments

• web1_170419-KCN-M-missing-person-choir.jpg
    web1_170419-KCN-M-missing-person-choir.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 33
Lengthy recent article.
by James McMahon
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/the-30-year-search-for-the-u-k-s-most-famous-missing-son
“I’ll never stop looking for answers. How could I? How could I ever give up on my boy?”

There is, of course, a desperation about 69-year-old Denise Horvath-Allan, the mother of Charles Horvath-Allan, a name synonymous with the roll call of Britain’s most notorious unsolved mysteries. It’s as much about her age and the finite nature of our time on the mortal plane as anything else. Or as she puts it, she’s “running out of life” to find her son. In this way, she knows her part of the story is coming to a close, despite the ending likely remaining unwritten."

"Charles, a Canadian-born British national, first went missing in May 1989, during a gap-year pilgrimage to explore his roots, hiking across Canada and visiting his father in Ontario. At a slender six-feet tall with dark brown eyes and short hair, a prominent scar on the left side of his head, a piercing in his left ear and a tattoo on his left arm of a skull with a mohawk, Charles had the look of a young man who was just growing out of punk, yet couldn’t give it all the way up. “He was always smiling,” says Denise. “My beautiful, naive boy.”

"Charles’ last confirmed sighting came three weeks after he arrived in Kelowna, British Columbia, on May 26, 1989. To get there and finance his travels across Canada more generally, he worked a bunch of odd jobs — some shifts in kitchens, a bit of toiling at a ski resort, a modeling assignment in Montreal. He was last seen while cashing his check from the the now shuttered Flintstones Bedrock City Amusement Park at a local bank."
"Upon Denise’s first visit to Kelowna, she visited the Tiny Tent Town. She describes it as having a “stench of evil” and that you could “feel the fear” there. The manager at the time told her that Charles had “gone out one day and never came back.” The campsite management waited a while, but eventually threw out Charles’ belongings. They kept just three things: his bible, his rosary and a leather strap"

“They told me that this former resident had overheard in the showers what had happened to Charles. That he’d been killed and dumped in the Tiny Town septic tank"

Thanks so much for posting this!
Feb 20, 2019
50_year_old_charles_._p3370928.jpg

Photo: Diana Trepkov
Drawing of what forensic artist Diana Trepkov believes Charles Horvath might look like today.
“Since i live in Canada, I had told her I am going to help as much as I can to get this story out here in Canada.”

"Trepkov has created more than 200 age-progression drawings for cold case files. "

Charles Horvath left England just over 30 years ago to embark on a Canadian adventure.

He never returned to his home country — a fact that has haunted his mother all these years — but tonight and in the days ahead, his fellow countrymen and women will nonetheless get a chance to see his smile.

Charles’s portrait was painted by artist Ian Bruce, and is among several dozen featured in the show Unmissable.

https://www.similkameenspotlight.co...0-years-ago-subject-of-high-profile-art-show/

411: Cops believe that Allan — a British citizen who vanished from Kelowna, BC in 1989 — was murdered. He was 20 at the time, six feet tall, 175 pounds with brown hair and eyes. Allan had been travelling and working around Canada. His mother in the U.K. received her last communication from him on May 11, 1989.

He had discussed meeting his mom in Hong Kong. On the day he disappeared, he cashed his paycheque from Flintstone’s Theme Park. Allan had been camping at the Tiny Town Campsite. All his things were left behind. He was never seen again. Foul play is suspected.

CONTACT: Kelowna Detachment of RCMP at 250 470 6327, your local police department or Crime Stoppers.
CRIME HUNTER: Missing person's probe reveals another murder

411: Cops believe that Allan — a British citizen who vanished from Kelowna, BC in 1989 — was murdered. He was 20 at the time, six feet tall, 175 pounds with brown hair and eyes. Allan had been travelling and working around Canada. His mother in the U.K. received her last communication from him on May 11, 1989.

He had discussed meeting his mom in Hong Kong. On the day he disappeared, he cashed his paycheque from Flintstone’s Theme Park. Allan had been camping at the Tiny Town Campsite. All his things were left behind. He was never seen again. Foul play is suspected.

CONTACT: Kelowna Detachment of RCMP at 250 470 6327, your local police department or Crime Stoppers.
CRIME HUNTER: Missing person's probe reveals another murder
Thanks for bumping this thread and others!
crimehunter7-e1575570364302.png
Charles Karoly John Horvath-Allan

Thanks for the link tarabull!
horvath_p3460302.jpg

Photo: Kelowna RCMP
Charles Horvath went missing in Kelowna on May 26, 1989.

"I know his remains are out there somewhere. I know there are people in Kelowna that know exactly what happened to my son, but are afraid to come forward."

"I will never understand what my son did to deserve such a violent fate, but I want you to know I forgive you. I no longer seek vengeance, or justice...only answers.

Anyone with information about what happened to Horvath is urged to contact Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300. To remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''

So heartbreaking!! I really hope there's some news soon

Charles' mother is an amazing woman, that young man was and is, dearly loved- hoping she receives some answers soon ! imo. rbbm
Okanagan cold case: Police still seeking information on U.K. backpacker who went missing in 1989
“Someone knows what happened to Charles, and we’re asking them to come forward and help us solve this investigation.”

Throughout the last 31 years Charles’ mother, Denise Horvath-Allan, has never stopped looking for her son.

COVID-19 restrictions have prevented her from travelling to Kelowna from the United Kingdom this spring, but she remains steadfast in her efforts to find Charles.

Anyone with any information regarding Charles Horvath can contact the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31
Back