Found Deceased Netherlands - Remon Bruinsma, 18, Leeuwarden, 1 Dec 2017

JanetElaine

Reaction score
https://nltimes.nl/2017/12/05/desperate-parents-call-footage-son-18-missing-leeuwarden

DESPERATE PARENTS CALL FOR FOOTAGE OF SON, 18, MISSING IN LEEUWARDEN

"[FONT=&amp]Eighteen year old Remon Bruinsma from De Westerveen in Friesland went missing in Leeuwarden during the early hours of Friday morning. Despite days of searching, there's still no sign of him. His parents are calling on local businesses and residents to check their surveillance cameras and send footage of anyone that "may be Remon" to the police, the Telegraaf reports."

"[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The authorities spent all weekend searching for the young man. On Saturday the police and dredge team SOAD searched the Leeuwarden canals. On Sunday sniffer dogs were used to search along the quays. One dog signaled something in a spot, and on Monday the police searched there again. A police helicopter with a thermal imager searched from the sky. All to no avail."[/FONT]

picture:

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/nog-altijd-geen-spoor-van-vermiste-remon-bruinsma-18~a9250cb0/

Thanks for making the thread!
I'm a local and it's been on my mind ever since I heard about it. Tomorrow is his 19th birthday! :(
I hope he's found safe but the amount of time missing + the canals all around the city leaves me scared.

No problem for the thread. I'm very concerned about Remon though. Those canals... it never seems the end well when someone who's had too much to drink disappears near one. :( Hoping against hope (probably) that he's the exception to the rule...

http://www.lc.nl/friesland/Politie-...Bruinsma-op-water-in-Leeuwarden-22726058.html

Police stops search in water for missing Remon.
They do continue the search in the city.
His family members and friends are looking around in other places, cause they think he might've attempted to walk home. (It's like a ~25km walk which is like 4,5 hours)

Time line of his disappearance:
- Night of 30 nov-1 dec, Remon is going out in the city of Leeuwarden with his friends from uni. He is supposed to stay the night at one of his friends since he doesn't live in Leeuwarden
- Between 1-2 am: Remon isn't allowed to enter a bar, uncertain if his friends did enter. Later a cop sees him alone in the alley, asks him if he needs to call a taxi but Remon says no
- Between 1-3 am: A pub owner sees Remon sit in front of a closed store(C&A), asks "Are you okay? You should close your jacket, it's cold!". When this conversation was is unclear, but Remon his mom thinks it is around 2.45 am
- Around 2 am: Remon is seen on a camera at the street "Kleine Kerkstraat". He is seen walking back and forth. What he is doing is unclear, but they think he is looking for his phone
- Around 4 am: The last sign of life. Someone calls his phone but the call gets rejected. It is unsure if Remon did this or someone else.
- 8.30 am: Mom texts Remon "Everything ok?" No reply. His mom thinks he's sleeping out.
- 8.45 am: Woman finds Remon his phone and brings it home to wait for someone to call.
- 12 pm: Remon's mother calls his phone. The woman picks up to let her know she found it. When Remon's mom comes over to pick up the phone, she finds out her son never arrived at his friends house.
- 2.30 pm: Remon's mother calls hospitals and the police to find out if he was arrested or taken in. When none of them have seen him, she reports her son as missing.

After this, the search began. Police have searched in water since the whole city is surrounded by canals, and friends and family searched around the city.
Today marks his full week of gone missing. Today is also his birthday. Happy 19th birthday Remon wherever you are! I hope you are safe. :Happybirthday:

attachment.php

Picture of Remon on the night he went missing.

Attachments

• 24176727_1684834671579195_1288500448529123611_n.jpg
    24176727_1684834671579195_1288500448529123611_n.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 187
His parents are calling on local businesses and residents to check their surveillance cameras and send footage of anyone that "may be Remon" to the police.

Exactly what happened to Remon is still unclear. According to the Telegraaf, he fell behind when his friends went from one pub to another on De Oude Doelesteeg. Remon tried to get into the pub around 2:00 a.m. on Friday morning, but he was too drunk. "He was then sent away from the alley by the police", she said. After that it is believed he walked a street on, where he was again sent away by police officers in front of the C&A branch. Remon's phone was later found there.

The camera footage sent to the police so far point in different directions, making it seem that Remon wandered through the Leeuwarden city center. A police spokesperson told the Telegraaf that they are considering all scenarios, but added that they've had no indications pointing towards a crime.

https://nltimes.nl/2017/12/05/desperate-parents-call-footage-son-18-missing-leeuwarden
https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/zoekto...mon-18-verplaatst-naar-natuurgebied~a27a1b7f/

That doesn't sound good and sadly reminds me of so many cases we had of young drunk men missing. I feel for his family and hope he is found safe despite all this.

He has to be somewhere. Sadly we all know the water is more likely than not. I so want to be proven wrong.

Please be safe.

All moo

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Hope he is found safe soon, the perfect rebirth day gift.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

http://www.lc.nl/friesland/Verkeerd...ich-in-zoektocht-Remon-Bruinsma-22733477.html

Wrong girl reported herself to the family of Remon.
A blonde girl was seen on camera's talking to Remon on the night he was last seen. She and 4-5 other people are talking to him. She points in a direction and Remon runs there. The family wants to speak to the girl to find out what he asked and where she pointed to.

Today is also a second voluntary search for Remon. Friends and family (with the approval of the police) are looking all around the city of Leeuwarden, and roads/water area's that lead to where Remon lives. This is because they suspect he has walked home.

After reading some on his mom's Facebook page (it is linked in the news article Allaria posted above), this is starting to feel like Corrie McKeague's disappearance. Some very interesting replies to a comment from 'YL'.

Also, the wrong girl reporting herself is odd... did she talk to Remon or not (at some other time that night)?

Still not found :(

Usually bodies start to float after 2 weeks. Remon still hasn't been located. Is there a chance he's still alive? Or is he somewhere else than in the water?
His family and friends have been trying to get this case on the news, it gets attention sometimes but it isn't getting enough.

I hope his family can have him home for Christmas

There are some unusual things coming up with the disappearance of Remon. Police ask for the girl and the group of guys whom he's been seen talking/walking with to come forward for questions about his last known minutes/hours. First the wrong girl comes forward, then the group of guys all say they can't remember Remon being there with them or even seeing him. Police, family and volunteers have started searching area's around Leeuwarden and found nothing in the waters near Lekkum just North of Leeuwarden. The police thinks Remon was meant to stay over at a friends house, but Remon's mother stated this was not the plans from the start but an option. He was meant to take the last train home. The last train from Leeuwarden to Westereen was at 00:20 and the first train was at 05:50. The time Remon met the people was around 2:25 so I believe Remon just asked for directions to the train station to wait for the first train home as it is about a 4 hour walk home for Remon. I am currently making a map of his last known locations, train station, home address and possible (walking) route home.

https://youtu.be/1mD6eo5PcZY
This is the footage of the group of guys, blonde girl and Remon

There are some unusual things coming up with the disappearance of Remon. Police ask for the girl and the group of guys whom he's been seen talking/walking with to come forward for questions about his last known minutes/hours. First the wrong girl comes forward, then the group of guys all say they can't remember Remon being there with them or even seeing him. Police, family and volunteers have started searching area's around Leeuwarden and found nothing in the waters near Lekkum just North of Leeuwarden. The police thinks Remon was meant to stay over at a friends house, but Remon's mother stated this was not the plans from the start but an option. He was meant to take the last train home. The last train from Leeuwarden to Westereen was at 00:20 and the first train was at 05:50. The time Remon met the people was around 2:25 so I believe Remon just asked for directions to the train station to wait for the first train home as it is about a 4 hour walk home for Remon. I am currently making a map of his last known locations, train station, home address and possible (walking) route home.

https://youtu.be/1mD6eo5PcZY
This is the footage of the group of guys, blonde girl and Remon
In the video, which one is Remon, do they know? I noticed one boy walking farther behind the rest of the group.

In the video, which one is Remon, do they know? I noticed one boy walking farther behind the rest of the group.

The Dutch description under the video says Remon is standing by the store to the right of the umbrella when the group nears him. He has a brownish jacket on. You can see him turning and approaching the group after they pass him. Then some of them go around the corner, but one of them, a girl who is then seen sort of skipping around the corner, points to something. The zoomed in video doesn't show (but the large one does) that next, Remon is seen running in that direction (of the bridge on the left).

ETA: edited my post because I was looking at the wrong point on the map and made some speculations that can't be correct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back