Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

flute4peace

Reaction score
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wichita-police-investigating-missing-child-case--474396903.html

cache.php

link

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH)*Wichita police are investigating a missing child case in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

Sedgwick County dispatchers confirmed to Eyewitness News that police are on scene looking into the disappearance of a 5-year-old child last seen around 3 pm on Saturday near Edgemoor between Lincoln & Kellogg.

Police say Lucas is Hispanic/white, four-feet tall, brown hair, brown eyes, and long lashes.

The boy was last seen wearing black sweats with a grey shirt that had a bear on it, white socks, and light blue Pull-up.

Anyone who has seen Lucas is asked to call police

Rules Etiquette & Information

Verified Insiders:

FindLucasAllen

Verified Family Spokesperson:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Lucas Hernandez missing: FBI joins search for Kansas boy, 5

Authorities searching for a missing 5-year-old Kansas boy have scoured a nature park and set up a tip hotline.

The Wichita Eagle reports that police said they received a call at about 6:15 p.m. Saturday to report Lucas Hernandez was lost in southeast Wichita. When officers arrived, Lucas' 26-year-old stepmother said he was last seen at about 3 p.m. Saturday in his bedroom before she showered and fell asleep.

Officers and dogs have searched his home, neighborhood and the 216-acre Chisholm Creek Park. Officer Charley Davidson said Sunday that police have found no evidence that suggests Lucas was abducted, which is why no Amber Alert has been issued.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lucas-hernandez-missing-fbi-joins-search-for-kansas-boy-5/

Family concerned about Wichita boy's welfare before he went missing

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
As the search continues for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, the boy's family returned to their home late Monday along with the FBI. Relatives watching from afar say it's not the first time an investigator was called there.

Wichita police say the boy's stepmother last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m. Saturday. She then took a shower and fell asleep, and officers were notified around 6:15 p.m. that the boy was missing.

Sally Rasmussen is Lucas' great aunt, who spoke with KAKE News from her home in New Mexico. She says was sent a photo of Lucas last year and saw multiple bruises on his face and neck. She called police.

"All these stories I'd been hearing for months about him possibly being abused," she said.

http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews

Ashonti Ford KSN
‏

@AshontiFordKSN
7s8 seconds ago
More
MISSING BOY UPDATE: Stepmom of missing boy has been booked into the Sedgwick County Jail. @KSNNews reporters @ChrisArnoldKSN and @JohnAsebesKSN will be live at the 3:30 press conference with @WichitaPolice for more.

This is a friendly reminder that only official news pages on FB may be linked to or discussed as well as the suspect/POI's social media, which in this case is EG. However, please make sure you are linking the correct EG's social media as I assume there is more than one person in the world with her name.

You may link to and discuss EG's social media, but no one else's at this point and definitely not any "groups" on FB.

Thank you!

MOD NOTE

WS member has been approved by Tricia to serve as a verified spokesperson on behalf of FindLucasAllen and FindLucasAllen's family in this case.

Please treat with respect and with the understanding that does not need to provide links for statements made in Lucas' case.

If you have any questions, please PM a moderator and we'll be happy to help.

:tyou:

I was looking at Emily's Facebook page to see what all was on there. I noticed that about a month ago she left a review on Foxwood Apartments page and that prompted me to look at the map. One thing I have noticed is that there are several Golf Clubs in the area of the Apartments and the house on Edgemoor. I wonder if the land on those have been searched? There is a golf club that is fairly close to the apartments too.

For anyone who is curious here is the link to her review on the Apartments.

https://www.facebook.com/DayByDayEAG/activity/10155433509128250

WARNING: GRAPHIC

It wouldn't be hard to lift up a board, at all. A screwdriver might even do it (depending on if it's nails or screws), and then really easy to put the board back as well. I can see that being done in 15-20 minutes, tops. And her knuckles may have gotten injured trying to shove him in there? Like, if she's just trying to squeeze him in between two boards, it might have been a tight fit, but she could have banged her knuckles up getting him in there.

JMO

I think if that was the case he would have been found by now..

Very morbid, but bodies start smelling within days in cold climates. We have had warm enough weather that the neighborhood would definitely notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deck in their backyard. (Easy enough to fit him under there)

Laundry mat across the street (as in, carried Lucas in a laundry bag/container, not left him AT the laundromat...)

Car lot down the street from the house (maybe left him in a car?)

I'm liking that we are thinking out of the box a bit. What are some other ideas?

Very morbid, but bodies start smelling within days in cold climates. We have had warm enough weather that the neighborhood would definitely notice.

I thought about that, too... but it's been fairly chilly there, no? Like around the days that he went missing, the highs were only around 38-40*. Has it been significantly warmer there in the last week?

WARNING: GRAPHIC

Okay... so here's a question. Say we are thinking the 16th is when he went missing. So, if he was put somewhere (regardless of where)... and the weather is cold, would decomposition and the smell take WEEKS to disappear?

In other words... if he disappeared on the 16th, how long would the smell last? How long does decomp last? When does the smell go away?

I'm just wondering if maybe the cold helped the smell not to be as strong, and them by the time it warmed up, decomp had already happened significantly, so the smell is gone by then?

Does this make sense to anyone? I feel like I'm rambling and not making sense at this point. Desperate.

Each day that goes by I think to myself that there’s a reason that absolutely no information is being made public and today is going to be the day that they just finally put the last puzzle piece in and find him.

But we’re on day 19 now and I’m starting to really have doubts about that anymore. I really can’t think of another instance of a child being missing for going on 3 weeks and no information has been released other than they don’t think it was an abduction and they don’t think he walked out. I realize you can read in between the lines there, but that’s just not helping enough. I just feel like there’s a gray area between details that could possibly damage a criminal case and details that will bring this little boy home to his family. I sure wish they would find that gray area soon.

I thought about that, too... but it's been fairly chilly there, no? Like around the days that he went missing, the highs were only around 38-40*. Has it been significantly warmer there in the last week?

My concern is that the trash bins have already been dumped. Depending on schedule could it have been before the landfill was alerted to keep an eye?

My concern is that the trash bins have already been dumped. Depending on schedule could it have been before the landfill was alerted to keep an eye?

Yeah. I'm honestly feeling like it has to be something crazy at this point. Landfill, large lake in a weighted down bucket... something. I feel like if he was close by, or in a field, or something, he would have been found already with everyone that has been searching. I just don't know anymore... and this is exactly what EG wants. The further away we get, the more likely she is to walk.

I don't know. I still think it has to fit with her story. Otherwise, why not disappear him from a park or claim a carjacking? I'm still pretty set on walking distance or somewhere she KNOWS he'll never be found (Mineshaft, old abandoned and hidden well, etc)

Do you think anyone is really looking in that area at this point? With so much focus on the parks and rural areas it could possibly be missed? I would think it would be caught myself.

Sitting here tonight racking my brain, trying to live in that grey area, and wishing Lucas was home with the family that loves him. I’m a fixer and can’t fix this. Probably why I’m where I’m at tonight. Maybe I need another timeout tonight. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member