Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING: GRAPHIC

Okay... so here's a question. Say we are thinking the 16th is when he went missing. So, if he was put somewhere (regardless of where)... and the weather is cold, would decomposition and the smell take WEEKS to disappear?

In other words... if he disappeared on the 16th, how long would the smell last? How long does decomp last? When does the smell go away?

I'm just wondering if maybe the cold helped the smell not to be as strong, and them by the time it warmed up, decomp had already happened significantly, so the smell is gone by then?

Does this make sense to anyone? I feel like I'm rambling and not making sense at this point. Desperate.

Many factors affect decomposition...weather, where the body is hidden, insects, etc

IMO

I thought about that, too... but it's been fairly chilly there, no? Like around the days that he went missing, the highs were only around 38-40*. Has it been significantly warmer there in the last week?

It was 60 the day he went missing. Since then highs have ranged from 28-72. I would say we are averaging in the 60s at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a Forbes opinion piece that attempts to put the "meth epidemic" in perspective. Especially if EG had a chronic pain issue, I lean more toward opiates with her pot. But, one can't really rule out "mother's little helper" either. I don't care what drugs she did or didn't do other than thinking the worst about meth in relation to his current location. Since I took a rather pro-she-might-use-meth stance, I'd like to amend it. If nothing else the numbers of users and her self reported chronic pain make opiates more probable, imo.

The full report is linked in the Forbes article. It is from 2014 called Methamphetamine: Fact vs. Fiction and Lessons from the Crack Hysteria

Despite all the talk of a “meth epidemic,” the drug has never been very popular. “At the height of methamphetamine’s popularity,” Hart et al. write, “there were never more than a million current users of the drug in the United States. This number is considerably lower than the 2.5 million cocaine users, the 4.4 million illegal prescription opioid users, or the 15 million marijuana smokers during the same period.” Furthermore, illicit methamphetamine use had been waning for years at the point when Newsweek identified “The Meth Epidemic” as “America’s New Drug Crisis.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobs...ing-truth-about-methamphetamine/#4ce438a929f1

Not so patiently waiting for more info! Will not speculate further on drugs until then.

I wonder if there is any significant vulture activity anywhere around the suggested search areas. I recently saw a documentary about a murder where the body was found due to someone noticing vultures circling in a certain place.

Now the weather is warming up, vultures will be starting to migrate back to the area.

Its a bit outside of the box, I know, but anything is worth a try at this stage. Perhaps there are bird watching groups in the area, who could help with this. Many bird watchers keep note of which birds they saw when and where.

My concern is that the trash bins have already been dumped. Depending on schedule could it have been before the landfill was alerted to keep an eye?

Can a cadaver dog still detect a scent in a dumpster that has been emptied? I would think it’s a possibility. If a dog were to pick up a scent in a dumpster that had been emptied, they could then work with the trash company/ landfill to locate the area that the dumpster was dumped.

I couldn’t help but notice that Tim from Texas EquuSearch came right out and said something to the effect of we’re looking for a body to bring home.

Yet LE has never even said that AFAIK. Why won’t LE release even a snippet of anything? I know, they have their reasons.

I’m about to go to bed feeling pretty disheartened honestly. Hope tomorrow brings answers.

I can't remember the name, but it was the case of a toddler girl, last seen with her mother smoking a cigarette on the porch.

She was eventually located in the garage of the place they were staying.
I believe she had allegedly gone missing during a nap as well.

Police missed her when searching. IIRC she was in a plastic storage box.

Here are 2 more cases of children that died hidden in the garage.

"The woman called Las Vegas police early Tuesday, telling them her 7-year-old child died in 2015 and the body could be found in the home's garage, according to the local coroner, Calvin Dye Sr. Las Vegas police contacted Centreville officers, who found human remains wrapped in two blankets, Dye said."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/06/coroner-nevada-woman-says-childs-body-in-illinois-garage.html

"Mother had the bodies of 6 babies in the garage."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-megan-huntsman-babies-20140708-story.html
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Each day that goes by I think to myself that there’s a reason that absolutely no information is being made public and today is going to be the day that they just finally put the last puzzle piece in and find him.

But we’re on day 19 now and I’m starting to really have doubts about that anymore. I really can’t think of another instance of a child being missing for going on 3 weeks and no information has been released other than they don’t think it was an abduction and they don’t think he walked out. I realize you can read in between the lines there, but that’s just not helping enough. I just feel like there’s a gray area between details that could possibly damage a criminal case and details that will bring this little boy home to his family. I sure wish they would find that gray area soon.

In this same town, just last year. Evan Brewer. Was missing for months, the landlord found a strange cement block when cleaning out the house when the mom moved out.
Even after they found him it was a little more than 2 months before they even charged the mom and her boyfriend. Police were silent. People were enraged.
The affidavit when released was astounding all that was found and included
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article187972269.html

I can't remember the name, but it was the case of a toddler girl, last seen with her mother smoking a cigarette on the porch.

She was eventually located in the garage of the place they were staying.
I believe she had allegedly gone missing during a nap as well.

Police missed her when searching. IIRC she was in a plastic storage box.

Here are 2 more cases of children that died hidden in the garage.

"The woman called Las Vegas police early Tuesday, telling them her 7-year-old child died in 2015 and the body could be found in the home's garage, according to the local coroner, Calvin Dye Sr. Las Vegas police contacted Centreville officers, who found human remains wrapped in two blankets, Dye said."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/06/coroner-nevada-woman-says-childs-body-in-illinois-garage.html

"Mother had the bodies of 6 babies in the garage."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-megan-huntsman-babies-20140708-story.html
MOO

I remember that one. The little girl was in a plastic tote in the rafters of the garage. So sad :(

I remember that one. The little girl was in a plastic tote in the rafters of the garage. So sad :(

The last video of her toddling on the porch haunts me still!
I guess I blocked her name from my memory.
[emoji22]

In this same town, just last year. Evan Brewer. Was missing for months, the landlord found a strange cement block when cleaning out the house when the mom moved out.
Even after they found him it was a little more than 2 months before they even charged the mom and her boyfriend. Police were silent. People were enraged.
The affidavit when released was astounding all that was found and included
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article187972269.html

THIS is my concern right here. Such a sad, tragic story. Precious little angel.

I'm seeing a lot of yards that look really suspicious to me. Lots of stuff (maybe junk) for someone to hide something in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow